Player Discussion Vladislav Namestnikov

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
The one thing I like about him and Spooner is they can both skate. I really felt like the Rangers have just been playing slow all season, and the idea they were a fast team was reputation-based, not exactly reality in the current moment. Will be nice to have some skilled and speedy forwards in the lineup, for sure.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I’ve gotten a little more excited about this kid. Not points-wise because I doubt he is a 60pt player, but with his skill and compete I’ve read about.

I look at this way, even if Spooner is a 15/40 player and Namestnikov a 20/40 player, that’s still two guys in their prime who can contribute while we see which prospects shake out.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Vladdy is a playmaker center finesse! He is a very good skater and a great locker room guy. Fits the bill as a number two center he needs a good sniper on his line if you expect 50 to 60 points a year from him. I hate losing vladdy but I wish him the best with the rangers.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Vladdy is a playmaker center finesse! He is a very good skater and a great locker room guy. Fits the bill as a number two center he needs a good sniper on his line if you expect 50 to 60 points a year from him. I hate losing vladdy but I wish him the best with the rangers.

Yeah... we have so many of those.

We're the Harlem Globetrotters on skates

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The one thing I like about him and Spooner is they can both skate. I really felt like the Rangers have just been playing slow all season, and the idea they were a fast team was reputation-based, not exactly reality in the current moment. Will be nice to have some skilled and speedy forwards in the lineup, for sure.
There’s a difference between skating fast and playing fast. The rangers for years have had some of the fastest skaters in the league. But, unfortunately, they don’t think or react as fast as they skate.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
He's pretty good in tight space and especially in front of the net. Great foot speed too. He's played mostly wing on the Lightning. The biggest question is whether he's able to continue to produce without the likes of Kucherov or Stamkos on his line.

Good luck to Vladdy in NY!

Reactions: 2Leetch_94

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
Reaction to his size: What a shrimp.

Who's better? Him or Spooner? They seem pretty similar.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
AV said they see him as a C, but I guess we'll find out later at practice.

My guess for now:
Kreider-Zib-Zucc
Vesey-Namestnikov-Buch
Spooner-Hayes-Fast
Idont-evenknow-who'sleft (Carey-DD51-McLeod)

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
He'll fit in perfectly on a line with Fast and Hayes, IMO. That could be a bonafide matchup line.

Given the Rangers situation at center Namestnikov will get a chance away from Hayes 2-3 center. I think he will get a chance to play with Zuke and Spooner while Hayes centers Vesey and Fast.

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
Tampa fan here with some notes about Namestnikov! He is the nephew of Slava Kozlov who played for the Wings and was teammate of Yzerman. He grew up in the US and is more American than he is a Russian. Vladdy is very good in space and he has good vision and excels with other really good players. He is feisty and will drop the gloves if need be and his teammates all like him. That said, there are some drawbacks. He is not good when up against physical, tighter checking play like in playoffs where he has disappeared. He does not elevate the game of lesser players and has generally not put up good numbers when put on bottom two lines. He is not good at Faceoffs and that is really reason the Bolts were willing to move on from him. Bolts needed someone back who could win at least 50% on FOs.

As for the prospects, Hajek will be a very solid second pairing Dman- not a big scorer but someone you can play against top lines and pk situations. Howden has good size which the Bolts could have used but with Stamkos, Point, Johnson/Gourde locked in as the Centers on the NHL club and Cirelli/Stephens at AHL, there were just too many Centers ahead of him. Bolts drafting right now is off the charts and any TB prospect should be valued more than some other teams. I am happy that Bolts were able to hold onto Foote and Raddysh who are #1 and #2 as their top prospects.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Tampa fan here with some notes about Namestnikov! He is the nephew of Slava Kozlov who played for the Wings and was teammate of Yzerman. He grew up in the US and is more American than he is a Russian. Vladdy is very good in space and he has good vision and excels with other really good players. He is feisty and will drop the gloves if need be and his teammates all like him. That said, there are some drawbacks. He is not good when up against physical, tighter checking play like in playoffs where he has disappeared. He does not elevate the game of lesser players and has generally not put up good numbers when put on bottom two lines. He is not good at Faceoffs and that is really reason the Bolts were willing to move on from him. Bolts needed someone back who could win at least 50% on FOs.

As for the prospects, Hajek will be a very solid second pairing Dman- not a big scorer but someone you can play against top lines and pk situations. Howden has good size which the Bolts could have used but with Stamkos, Point, Johnson/Gourde locked in as the Centers on the NHL club and Cirelli/Stephens at AHL, there were just too many Centers ahead of him. Bolts drafting right now is off the charts and any TB prospect should be valued more than some other teams. I am happy that Bolts were able to hold onto Foote and Raddysh who are #1 and #2 as their top prospects.

Thanks for the notes! I thought Howden was generally considered the #2 over Raddysh though?

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
His defense is pretty good and makes smarter plays than Miller. Not nearly as good offensively though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->