Player Discussion Vladimir Tarasenko

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Watch out, if the cap jumps by $4m this off-season, it's possible that Chytil and Miller take bridge deals (as they may not want long term deals right now) and Drury fits both Tarasenko and Kane back under contracts.
It's been all but assured that the cap is only going up $1m this year.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
It's been all but assured that the cap is only going up $1m this year.
I think this is one case where GM's need the cap to go up more than 1m now, because if it doesnt, then it'll have to go up to something like 8m in the following season.
If the players owe anything by the end of the season, the league may end up in a scenario where they "owe" the players at the end of the 23-24 season and theres no way owners are going to fork over money after a season.

Reactions: cheech70

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Which one would you keep?
Probably Tarasenko but it's close. We also don't know the extent of the Kane injury so we will have to see what happens. I would love to sign them both if at all possible because it makes this team so damn dangerous but that would mean a team friendly deal and trading Goodrow and somebody else off the roster.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Probably Tarasenko but it's close. We also don't know the extent of the Kane injury so we will have to see what happens. I would love to sign them both if at all possible because it makes this team so damn dangerous but that would mean a team friendly deal and trading Goodrow and somebody else off the roster.
I mean if it came down to Goodrow or Kane you call Gallant and Goodrow a taxi right away.

Too bad Robertson doesn't look like he could replace Lindgren.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I mean if it came down to Goodrow or Kane you call Gallant and Goodrow a taxi right away.

I could see it being Goodrow and Kakko TBH, maybe for some picks. Cuylle and Othmann will be pushing for roster spots. I don't trade Lindgren. He is just too important to this team and he is only 25.

Reactions: ponzu4u

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I wanted The Rangers to draft Tarasenko so bad. I threw a fit when we didn’t get him. I wasn’t surprised to see him go on to have a great career. It feels like him coming here and succeed is kinda Poetic Justice.

Also the person who made the decision not to draft him should he shot into the sun. We all knew that was the wrong choice.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Tarasenko has elevated his ALL AROUND game recently. When I saw him dive at center ice to break up a possible breakaway against Pitt I knew he’s changed his game

It depends what they would sign for. Kane has made over 100M and forced his way here. Would Tarasenko also take 3M ish? Trade Goodrow and you sign one of them with that perhaps. Cuylle and Otthman should both be on the team next year.

I don’t know about both (unless they want to conspire like the Heat did lol) but we certainly will retain one of Tank/Kane

Reactions: rangersfansince08

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
I think Tarasenko’s market value will more realistically be in the 6.5m x 4-5 years range. Possibly more with a strong playoffs. A discount is 6m x 5, and they may have to add a 6th year to get it done. Tarasenko signed until he’s 37 anyone?

Kane will be the guy willing to sign on the cheaper side to stay on if this is really the only place he wants to play the rest of his career.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
how? maybe putting Kane on LTIR and just acting him for the playoffs?
It will probably be a multitude of things that will need to happen, but it will start with the cap going up a couple of Mill. Then the buyouts come offe the books, hopefully the take sweetheart deals to stay. Maybe moving someone like Goody out while bringing a cheaper kid up from Hartford like Cullye? Whatever happens they’ll figure it out and I’m pretty sure there is a way.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
It will probably be a multitude of things that will need to happen, but it will start with the cap going up a couple of Mill. Then the buyouts come offe the books, hopefully the take sweetheart deals to stay. Maybe moving someone like Goody out while bringing a cheaper kid up from Hartford like Cullye? Whatever happens they’ll figure it out and I’m pretty sure there is a way.

Cuylle, Otthman should both be on ELCs playing to help out the cap, maybe even Jones too. Other teams do it.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Tarasenko must have the grip strength of a gorilla because it's absurd how strong he is on the puck. He's obviously great at using his size to shield the puck for protection, but it's essentially impossible for defenders to knock his stick off of it

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
iu

Reactions: McRanger92

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
If he takes anything under 6 we're getting a discount. He's still a really good player and is a known playoff contributor. I can see some teams with wiggle room offering 7 for 4+ years

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I've said this before but the simple solution is just to win a Cup and let him go on his merry way. He'd get a standing ovation every time back at MSG for half a season as Ranger :naughty:

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
That's what it comes down to..... what is he looking for? UFA market prices or a chance to win a cup with a First Class org?

Well he has certainly been embraced by this organization on and off the ice, which probably means something to him after how it ended with the only team he's ever known. He made a ton of $ on his last deal, but STL beats said he's "not looking to take a discount". However, considering how they carry water for Armstrong I could see that being that he doesnt want to take a discount...to stay in St. Louis lol. 15 mil guaranteed is not chump change and he'd be on a true Cup contender with players he knows and seems to like playing with. Personally, I think it will all work out and he'll be back.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Both.

Kane to LTIR and re-sign Tank for 1-2 years.
Are you implying that you want a 35 year old Kane who hasn’t played a game in an entire reg season from LTIR to join us in the playoffs after an injury like what happened with Tampa?

I don’t know if an old guy can be good after not playing that long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad