Player Discussion Vladimir Tarasenko

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Kreider has 23 goals at ES. He has 35 goals total, 8 on the pp and 4 short handed.
He has 53 points, he has 9 assists on the power play.
CK has a total of 32 even strength points in comparison to laf's 35.
With an additional 3 minutes per game of ice time for CK.

As to why move a guy who's averaged 40 goals?
Because we would actually get value back on any kreider move, we have a forward who's clearly ready for top 6 time, and no one believes that his 50 goals wasnt just incredibly fluky.
The 35 goals this year is probably closer to his actual annual production, and that will start to decline sooner than later.

Its always better to move a player a year too early, than a year too late. If we tried to move kreider the year after he scores 20 goals while playing 82 games, then we're paying to move him.
Lets move Mika while we are at it also. He's going to be 30 soon and is having a great year. We could clean up. We are just going to disagree on this. Sometimes not moving a player is the best move. Krieder is only 31 and still a physical beast. He will be productive for years IMO. Not to mention the intangibles that may not be so easy to replace. He is very important to the culture of this team. No to trading Kreider.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
There is going to be a void no matter which expensive veteran we move on from this offseason. If it's Tarasenko, he will leave a pretty substantial void as well. He and Kreider are scoring at identical 0.71 ppg paces this year.

I'd rather lose the guy who costs more, will return prime assets in trade, and won't leave a gaping hole in our lineup with his departure.

I doubt that is true. If it is true, fine, keep them all.

But this discussion is operating under the premise that Tarasenko probably walks, I don't think there's enough money even if he wants just $4m, even if you move Goodrow.

I think to keep Tarasenko at $4m or so, you have to move someone else.
I think there is enough money if he want's 4m, especially if you move Goodrow. The cap may very well go up by more than 1 million also. I like Tarasenko a lot and want to keep him but I'm not trading my top goal scorer the last 2 years and one of the team leaders to make that happen. I think it gets done without trading Kreider or Trouba. I also think there will be a bigger hole in the lineup than you imagine, both on and off the ice. No to trading Kreider.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Lets move Mika while we are at it also. He's going to be 30 soon and is having a great year. We could clean up. We are just going to disagree on this. Sometimes not moving a player is the best move. Krieder is only 31 and still a physical beast. He will be productive for years IMO. Not to mention the intangibles that may not be so easy to replace. He is very important to the culture of this team. No to trading Kreider.
The point about moving CK is that we have 3 top 6 wingers, which is a great problem to have, but at some point something has to give.
We currently do not have 2 1c's.
You want to make the argument that we should move Trocheck because of Chytil, that would be a valid one. Mika is a 1c. Mika is the best center we've had on our roster since 11.
We have a window here where the Mika / Panarin give way to KK / Laf
but to balance that laf and Kk need to get more ice time, and develop into 80+ point players. They need the opportunity to do so.
Tarasenko coming in and anchoring one line on the right side helps,
And lets us move Trocheck down to the third, but unless Gallant is going to move CK to the third, this idea is blocked.

Reactions: mas0764

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was at the game last night. You know a player is beloved when he’s traded from your team, scores against your team, and you’re still cheering for him.

I really hope we find a way to keep him. He plays his ass off.

Yeah I made a post in the mains about that. Very classy of the fans. It also shows how well liked the player was.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I was at the game last night. You know a player is beloved when he’s traded from your team, scores against your team, and you’re still cheering for him.

I really hope we find a way to keep him. He plays his ass off.
I remember the game in 1975 when Eddie Giacomin was waived and picked up by the Red Wings who were playing the Rangers at the garden that next day. Fans LOVED Giacomin. They gave him a standing ovation chanting ED-DIE ED-DIE ED-DIE causing him to cry. The Rangers were booed every time they took a shot or scored on him. It was nuts. Rangers lost 6-4 BTW and the fans were happy about it. One of the most bizarre games I have ever seen.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I think there is enough money if he want's 4m, especially if you move Goodrow. The cap may very well go up by more than 1 million also. I like Tarasenko a lot and want to keep him but I'm not trading my top goal scorer the last 2 years and one of the team leaders to make that happen. I think it gets done without trading Kreider or Trouba. I also think there will be a bigger hole in the lineup than you imagine, both on and off the ice. No to trading Kreider.
Exactly. Just common sense

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013

TIL that Goodrow is a 30 point 4th liner for two years. I'm.. kind of impressed.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Goodrow is the obvious move if you wanna keep Tarasenko but he'd have to take a serious cut in pay. Imo i think Tarasenko ends up in Washington next year.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Oh, I think the Blais NYR experiment ran its course. I'm happy for him, but he wasn't doing that here.
He has been for sure better with St Louis but also his usage has been way different. Just goes to show how guys like Kakko and Lafreniere are probably 60-plus point guys with different usage.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Goodrow is the obvious move if you wanna keep Tarasenko but he'd have to take a serious cut in pay. Imo i think Tarasenko ends up in Washington next year.
I don’t believe Tarasenko wants to lose for the duration of his next contract. Maybe I’m misinformed but he doesn’t seem to be that kind of guy.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
TIL that Goodrow is a 30 point 4th liner for two years. I'm.. kind of impressed.
I like Goodrow a lot but if there is a player that may have to be moved for cap reasons he is my first choice. 3.6 mil for basically a 4th liner with 11 goals and 30 points is a little pricey in the current NHL. I would move him to sign a Tarasenko instead of some other names being talked about.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I like Goodrow a lot but if there is a player that may have to be moved for cap reasons he is my first choice. 3.6 mil for basically a 4th liner with 11 goals and 30 points is a little pricey in the current NHL. I would move him to sign a Tarasenko instead of some other names being talked about.
This is probably what happens though I’m still holding out hope that the cap goes up significantly and other guys take accommodative contracts to make it all work. Either way, I’ve loved what Goodrow brings and have zero problems with the contract he got. He deserves it, even if the Rangers aren’t the team paying the last few years of it.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Exactly. Like him a lot but if I had a choice I’d rather move him and not someone who has score90 goals for us the last two years lol

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
This is probably what happens though I’m still holding out hope that the cap goes up significantly and other guys take accommodative contracts to make it all work. Either way, I’ve loved what Goodrow brings and have zero problems with the contract he got. He deserves it, even if the Rangers aren’t the team paying the last few years of it.
If the cap goes up 4m then we have no issues and can possibly even do a long term deal for one of laf or miller.

• Love
Reactions: egelband

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I don’t believe Tarasenko wants to lose for the duration of his next contract. Maybe I’m misinformed but he doesn’t seem to be that kind of guy.
Also probably doesn't wanna leave 2-4 mill a year on the table either is the problem. He could for example sign with a team like Dallas next year, make more money and still be on a cup contender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad