Player Discussion Vladimir Tarasenko

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I love Tarasenko as well but are we living in dreamland here? He is a great fit on this team but how are we signing guys like chytil and miller who we need to sign with the cap going up 1 million or even a bit more?
I hope he tears it up here over the next 2-3 months but that would mean he's not signing for anything less than 5-6 million per.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
59F9C70A-0B89-415A-BFA7-C0941FCDC83E.jpeg

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Unless they make the SCF, they will not push to sign both.

And I think were a little too quick to assume Goodrow is traded. He is the teams only pushback
up front.

For example, they are not going to start the season with pure firepower, 2 rookies and no balls.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019

And I think were a little too quick to assume Goodrow is traded. He is the teams only pushback
up front.

For example, they are not going to start the season with pure firepower, 2 rookies and no balls.
Yes, finding cheap 4th line players that can occasionally throw big hits and throw down the mitts is extremely hard. lol

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Tarasenko fills a massive need for us and 1000% prefer him to trying to keep Kane. He provides a 2nd shooting threat on the PP, his battle level is great, he plays a 200 ft game, he's strong along the wall, and he can both create and finish. He's made Panarin infinitely better it seems, and that alone is a big deal because it gives balance to the rest of the offense.

If he's not there, even if the kids are ready to take the next step and all be 60+ point players, you still have a glaring Tarasenko sized hole in the top 6.

I really hope they find a way to keep him.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Look at the difference between him and Kane along the boards especially on the pp. The battle level. It's not even close. Hopefully Kane can give 1/4 of what Tarasenko has given in compete level when the playoffs start.
Yeah I remember in a recent game Kreider chipped the puck in from the blue line on the PP and the guy that was supposed to go dig it out of the corner or hold it in was...Patrick Kane. Predictably, he didn't even really engage except with his stick and it came right back out. Now I don't blame Patrick Kane, that is absolutely not his game and never has been. But if that were Tarasenko, he'd go in and physically engage and really battle.

Kane is redundant with Panarin in the mix, and is older, has an injury, and even less physically engaged (Panarin is actually pretty hard to knock off a puck). But for all of these reasons, it seems like Tarasenko will be more expensive than Kane come the summer. If Tarasenko comes back it's because he really, really wants to play here.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Yeah I remember in a recent game Kreider chipped the puck in from the blue line on the PP and the guy that was supposed to go dig into it of the corner or hold it on was...Patrick Kane. Predictably, he didn't even really engage except with his stick and it came right back out. Now I don't blame Patrick Kane, that is absolutely not his game and never has been. But if that were Tarasenko, he'd go in and physically engage and really battle.

Kane is redundant with Panarin in the mix, and is older, has an injury, and even less physically engaged (Panarin is actually pretty hard to knock off a puck). But for all of these reasons, it seems like Tarasenko will be more expensive than Kane come the summer. If Tarasenko comes back it's because he really, really wants to play here.
I think thats true for both players. if they come back its because they really really want to.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think thats true for both players. if they come back its because they really really want to.
It is for sure. I just mean, I think Tarasenko being a few years younger, more well-rounded, and not having the hip issue in front of him, will make it such that his price tag is higher than Kane. So we might need more of a discount from Tarasenko than we would from Kane.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

mrmel29

Oct 16, 2021

up front.

Cuyyle should be on the team next season

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Sure but where are they waiving to? Kreider possibly only waives to boston, and trouba isnt waiving anywhere with his wife working in NYC

A NMC isn't always about staying. It can be used to dictate where you go next. With Trouba's NMC turning into a M-NTC next year, it gives him leverage this off-season to pick a destination.

Reactions: mas0764

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad