Rumor: Vladimir Tarasenko requests a trade

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Clock is ticking here, is it he is either moved or exposed at this point?

No it's more a case he either gets traded now or affter the expansion draft, hell he might even play next year in St Louis if they don't get the right deal.

I wouldn't be surprised to see St Louis hold out until UFA time to see if they can sign his replacement first then turn around trade him for a few picks/prospects

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
No it's more a case he either gets traded now or affter the expansion draft, hell he might even play next year in St Louis if they don't get the right deal.

I wouldn't be surprised to see St Louis hold out until UFA time to see if they can sign his replacement first then turn around trade him for a few picks/prospects
By all accounts the relationship is bad on both ends, would be shocked if he played there another season.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa

He's 100% gone, teams don't want distractions.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
I tried to walk you through your own thoughts and clearly it's not working.

You claimed Tarasenko is not an asset. The fact is no team in a win now mode is going to acquire a player who they feel can't improve their chances of winning. There's no amount of salary retention to turn a player from a non-asset to an asset.

Florida isn't going to say well we don't like Tarasenko and think there's no possible way he can help us win more than our current roster but,,,,, if only the Blues could retain 4 million dollars that would turn him into a player we really think is an asset. It doesn't work like that.

Teams can and do retain salary from time to time but it doesn't magically make a player better.
Stop with the patronizing crap.
The guy has just completed three shoulder surgeries and hasn’t produced in the NHL in years.
He is due $9.5 million.
He has demanded a trade.
If he didn’t play for your team, what would you think of this guy?

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
I tried to walk you through your own thoughts and clearly it's not working.

You claimed Tarasenko is not an asset. The fact is no team in a win now mode is going to acquire a player who they feel can't improve their chances of winning. There's no amount of salary retention to turn a player from a non-asset to an asset.

Florida isn't going to say well we don't like Tarasenko and think there's no possible way he can help us win more than our current roster but,,,,, if only the Blues could retain 4 million dollars that would turn him into a player we really think is an asset. It doesn't work like that.

Teams can and do retain salary from time to time but it doesn't magically make a player better.
And I guess when we see who is on st. Louis’ exposed list what kind of value he has.
If he is on the list, the league is telling you loud and clear. He has absolutely no trade value.

yurnxt

Apr 7, 2009
Now that the actual issue in the shoulder is corrected, Tank is still a scary motivated, 70 point, 35G, 35A guy and he will show that to his new team next year.
Damn I am good even if he isn't on a new team yet and the numbers I predicted he would put up because he is actually healthy turned out to be conservative.

Also, it is great fun checking out how low his trade value was just 9 months back when compared to present day.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Agh . I don’t want to think about this anymore . Please let this die lol. I was wanting Tank on the Devils in a massive way . I love the player and it’s good to see him have a great season

Reactions: stl76

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Damn I am good even if he isn't on a new team yet and the numbers I predicted he would put up because he is actually healthy turned out to be conservative.

Also, it is great fun checking out how low his trade value was just 9 months back when compared to present day.
These threads are fun sometimes.
Posters bang on Seattle for not taking him but Seattle did look at it but none of the teams seattle talked to were willing to trade for him without a lot of conditions

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
These threads are fun sometimes.
Posters bang on Seattle for not taking him but Seattle did look at it but none of the teams seattle talked to were willing to trade for him without a lot of conditions

Just heard a radio interview with Strickland where he said Vlad's agent made it clear he would make full use of his no-trade clause if Seattle tried to draft him. He didn't elaborate much, but I'm sure they would have made it as complicated as possible for Seattle to move him.

Dunn made a lot of sense for a young, expansion team but perhaps they would have taken Vladi if they hadn't liked any of the other available players from the Blues. Who knows? A lot of people, including Blues fans, were not sure what to expect from Vladi this year but he has silenced all of those doubts this year. He looks as good as ever right now.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Mentioned this in this thread, the Blues were better off waiting to see how the shoulder issue resolved itself before accepting pennies on the dollar.

Now, if he still wants out, even with a year left, they are gonna do real well on the trade front.

Does any one know if he still wants out and why???

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Tarasenko. Landeskog.

There were some really good players available.
I had to look this up and Landeskog was a pending UFA, which is why Seattle didn't take him.

Landeskog re-signed with the Avs after the expansion draft

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Mentioned this in this thread, the Blues were better off waiting to see how the shoulder issue resolved itself before accepting pennies on the dollar.

Now, if he still wants out, even with a year left, they are gonna do real well on the trade front.

Good timing on the ask. No, he no longer wants out according to reports in Russia and from Andy Strickland (who just tweeted this over the past couple of days). Whether he wants to re-sign remains to be seen, but the reports are that he no longer wishes to be traded.

Reactions: pld459666

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Good timing on the ask. No, he no longer wants out according to reports in Russia and from Andy Strickland (who just tweeted this over the past couple of days). Whether he wants to re-sign remains to be seen, but the reports are that he no longer wishes to be traded.

Career high, just 75 points?! Damn. I thought he had like 85-90 points at least once.

Reactions: 1989

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com

swear I remember it having something to do with him not being named Captain
he felt he deserved it or something

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad