Rumor: Vladimir Tarasenko requests a trade

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Rob Blakes hates Russians.

Could've hate an elite scorer a few months ago for practically nothing.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I think there’s a better chance of him signing a 5 yr extension than being traded

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
since we're talking rumors what about the possibility of my wild trading fiala (which im against) for tarasenko? i could see him wanting to team up with kaprizov.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Of course it made sense, start your franchise with as much talent as possible.
An expensive veteran player with years left who’s had huge injuries, is one injury from maybe retiring and who doesn’t want to play for your team and would use any leverage he can get to avoid playing for you. Or you can take a young defenseman who can step right into your top 4 while being affordable.

To boot, no one else traded for him. No one was willing to pay Seattle to take on salary so they didn’t. They will take advantage on their terms which is the right choice. Tarasenko wouldn’t be having this kind of year for Seattle and they wouldn’t be any better for it.

Reactions: Interior Cascadian

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
An expensive veteran player with years left who’s had huge injuries, is one injury from maybe retiring and who doesn’t want to play for your team and would use any leverage he can get to avoid playing for you. Or you can take a young defenseman who can step right into your top 4 while being affordable.

To boot, no one else traded for him. No one was willing to pay Seattle to take on salary so they didn’t. They will take advantage on their terms which is the right choice. Tarasenko wouldn’t be having this kind of year for Seattle and they wouldn’t be any better for it.
I think they did it all wrong, the team is soooo meh… they should have made more of a splash and took all the big names they could.

Reactions: banks

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Landeskog was a UFA. Why was he signing in Seattle?
I had to look this up and Landeskog was a pending UFA, which is why Seattle didn't take him.

Landeskog re-signed with the Avs after the expansion draft
I know he resigned. But players have made dumber decisions for money. They could have easily paid him more. And if they had taken some of the other players available to them like Tarasenko - they'd have improved their chance to sign him as well.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I have too. Wouldn't happen in this case though.
Considering the decisions they made, I'd rather have taken the chance pitching to him and giving him the keys to the city rather than being the worst expansion team in history.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Seattle made the right pick. It’s every other gm competing for a cup that blew their opportunity to add an elite goal scorer for nothing but cap

I think Armstrong wasn't actually going to let Tarasenko go for cap space and a smile. The whole "as little as a 2nd rounder" talk came from Jeremy Rutherford, and we saw exactly how accurate and reliable he is during the summer. Basically just a complete mouthpiece for Tarasenko's agent or possibly simply making things up to spite the Blues and reporters who contradicted him (Strickland).

Maybe he really was available for very little, but we don't have any actually reliable reports to that effect as far as I know.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Seattle could have had Duchene too...he gonna score 40 this year.

Hindsight and all

Yeah I disliked many of Seattle's selections at the time, but Tarasenko was a huge question mark going forward. Weren't the Blues shopping him as well? No GM in the league took a chance if true...

In any case, there were way less good defensemen available, its understanble that they would take a young one that looked promising.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Yeah I disliked many of Seattle's selections at the time, but Tarasenko was a huge question mark going forward. Weren't the Blues shopping him as well? No GM in the league took a chance if true...

In any case, there were way less good defensemen available, its understanble that they would take a young one that looked promising.
The blues were shopping him for a high price that didn't include taking salary back most likely. The only reason they exposed him to Seattle was to get rid of the contract and free up cap space. Most of the offers they were receiving were probably bad and had them taking back a contract. So the blues let Tarasenko build up his value

Reactions: abo9

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
They should have taken ALL the talent and big names possible, Duchene, Tarasenko, Price, etc.

Well they would not have been able to take on ALL these contracts lol.

Even Without avoiding talent like the plague as they did, Seattle still had to be strategic regarding which contracts to take.

And Jarnkrok was the consensus pick for Seattle lol, its not like many people questioned THAT selection. I still think it was the right pick from Nashville

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
since we're talking rumors what about the possibility of my wild trading fiala (which im against) for tarasenko? i could see him wanting to team up with kaprizov.

He's playing with Buchnevich and Thomas now, why would he want to go play with someone else?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad