Rumor: Vladimir Tarasenko requests a trade

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I feel like this may be more of a Kessel situation where there's realistically 1-2 teams in the mix. Just not sure who they are. Just a difficult player to evaluate at the moment.

Not reading 18 pages, what do Blues fans "want" and then "realistically expect" as a return?

There are more than 10 teams interested.

At this point a prospect or first. No salary coming back. Blues will use cap to go after Landy. That's what has been reported.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
There are more than 10 teams interested.

At this point a prospect or first. No salary coming back. Blues will use cap to go after Landy. That's what has been reported.
Like I have said before, the Devils hopefully offer Islanders first plus a small add (pay a sucky team tax ) and able to take the entire salary on. Let’s do it already

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
My understanding is that Tarasenko is owed more in real dollars than his cap hit next year. Flat cap issues aside, we have heard that teams are more cash strapped post-pandemic, so I just do not see it as realistic for St. Louis to not pick up a big chunk of his cap and dollars, at least through next season if not for both years (alternatively, St. Louis will need to take back salary).

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
My understanding is that Tarasenko is owed more in real dollars than his cap hit next year. Flat cap issues aside, we have heard that teams are more cash strapped post-pandemic, so I just do not see it as realistic for St. Louis to not pick up a big chunk of his cap and dollars, at least through next season if not for both years (alternatively, St. Louis will need to take back salary).

Habs will take Tarasenko's full hit

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Like I have said before, the Devils hopefully offer Islanders first plus a small add (pay a sucky team tax ) and able to take the entire salary on. Let’s do it already

Let's do it. I really hope we get Landy if tarasenko is traded. If not then they just need to bring up neighbors when he is ready. Maybee go after Hoffman again.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wonder if Tarasenko and Ovechkin are talking about maybe being on the same team? Caps have 18 players signed with $9.5M in cap space. They will have to unload a contract to sign Ovechkin and then if you are him, you are signing with the Cap who are not as good as previous years?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Really? Even considering his current level of play? It seems like a trade based on reputation.
His current level of play. Name one person who comes back from injury on fire...lol. he looked very good at end of year and was good in playoffs. But hey what do I know I just watch him every game.

Reactions: cptjeff

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

Then the team with that thought process will not be getting tank. There are more than 10 teams showing interest. Insider said army is going to go for Landy so we need the entire 7.5 gone. Also if he can't get a deal done he can always leave him unprotected and let Seattle take him.

chauron

Jan 5, 2014
His current level of play. Name one person who comes back from injury on fire...lol. he looked very good at end of year and was good in playoffs. But hey what do I know I just watch him every game.

we all are thinking of Kucherov here.

Reactions: go4hockey

OilersGo

Jul 15, 2021
risky to trade fer a guy like him whos been living at the hospital for a coupler seasons now but he got a shot and a nice pair a mitts ill tell ya one of the most skilled guys in the chel

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
blues think they have a shot at landy... i don't think so. He's going to be really over paid for him to want to leave Colorado. And here's the thing they can only offer 7 years max.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
blues think they have a shot at landy... i don't think so. He's going to be really over paid for him to want to leave Colorado. And here's the thing they can only offer 7 years max.

Realistically there's no way Armstrong is sitting on his hands waiting for free agency thinking Landescog will sign with the Blues. It's been reported that the Blues are willing to be an aggressive suitor for Landescog ***if*** he makes it to UFA. Armstrong undoubtedly is as prepared as possible with a number of other scenarios happening.

It's been reported that the Avs have offered 8 years in the 5-6 million dollar range. That's 40-48 million dollars for 8 years. It's also been said Landescog could be asking for 9-10 million per season if he reaches UFA. Even if he gets 8 million for 7 years that's still more than the reported 8 year offer from the Avs. Your statement about only being able to offer 7 years just comes down to what the actual average per year will be.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
My guess is the blues pay Seattle to take Tarasenko.
A decent prospect or a couple good picks.
We will find out soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad