Visitor's Locker Room (Ticket talk, Restaurants, Fantasy Questions, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Has anyone gotten this? They said shipping would start on the 10th and I've yet to hear anything... And yes, I'm impatient.

Don't know anyone who has received notice of actual shipment at this time. The tickets ship directly from the printer, so given the date listed as earliest date was this past Saturday, not surprised.

UpNorthinCanada

Sep 12, 2011
Visiting the area-looking for ideas

Hi all
We will be visiting Washington to see Caps vs Pens on December 1st.
Just looking for advice on things to see in the area, any sports pubs where fans go after the games, hotels near the verizon centre, or any other info you may think worthy. Any and all help is appreciated!

Funkyalligator

Mar 3, 2004
Right near the Verizon center are a ton of bars. But is recommend the national portrait gallery across the street from it

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
If you're coming to cheer for the Penguins, I highly recommend Nellie's Sports Bar - seems to be a good crowd of Pens fan types in there.

Caps fans have pretty much every other bar within walking distance of Verizon Center on lockdown. Don't know much about hotels or sights.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
suggest you check out the early posts in the visiting DC thread (stickied above)

Enjoy your trip, welcome, but if rooting for the Pens, I hope you see a loss :)

UpNorthinCanada

Sep 12, 2011
hey all...thxs for the responses.
I think I'll take the suggestions for Pens fans with a grain of salt!!
Nope, not cheering for the Pens yet.
Were a group of four who just get together to see one game a year, always somewhere different. Its our 16th year, and probably 22nd different arena!

Anyways, any idea's on hotels in the area?
Anything decent, but not really upscale.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Were a group of four who just get together to see one game a year, always somewhere different. Its our 16th year, and probably 22nd different arena!

Well, as long as you're not cheering for the Pens. 22 arenas is pretty good! Hotels downtown... I guess there are a bunch of Marriotts in various places, that's about all I can say. Hotels out in the suburbs will probably be cheaper, and if you're on the metro lines still accessible. Of course if you like to mix beer and hockey you'll want to be downtown.

Vladiator16*

my work put me up in a 150 a night room... 750 sq foot party flat. I'm thinking about throwing a party lmao. I've got 3 more weeks here too

Towson could be a fun place, depends on how old you are and what you are into. If you are into hiking, fishing and other outdoor activities Lock Raven reservoir is about 5-10 min away. If you wanna party - Towson bars are full of TU kids (The Rec Room has fantastic wings and **** load of pool tables). Also check out Hunt Valley, nicer movie theater and couple of great restaurants like The Oregon Grill and Peerce's Plantation.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi

How many days are you staying? I can vouch that the Metro in DC is pretty good so if your Hotel is within a short walk from the Metro you can stay further out for cheaper. If you are staying longer then you could catch a Caps practice at Kettler located in the Ballston Mall. There is a Holiday Inn, Hilton and Westin within a few blocks of the rink and a Metro station to take you to Verizon Centre for the game or to any of the Smithsonian museums. http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=smithsonian+museums&meta=&aq=1&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=smithso

Great idea about getting together and seeing different rinks. 22 is pretty good. Seeing all the rinks is on my bucket list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna