Visitor's Locker Room (Ticket talk, Restaurants, Fantasy Questions, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner28

Mar 22, 2016
International Falls
Coming to the first playoff Caps game from The State of Hockey

Hello Caps Fans. We are coming to D.C. to watch a Caps playoff game from Northern Minnesota. Go Oshie. My son has always been a Capitals fan for some reason? I'm a Wild fan of course, but like the Caps also. Anyway, I'm just wondering good places or bars to go to before and after the game. When do they open The Verizon Center doors for the games? We are getting the Budweiser Brewhouse package tickets and wondering how that experience is? Where is it located in the arena? Do you have to get beer, wine, and pop from the same place for the all you can drink? Any other things to experience related to a Caps game? Thanks.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Hello Caps Fans. We are coming to D.C. to watch a Caps playoff game from Northern Minnesota. Go Oshie. My son has always been a Capitals fan for some reason? I'm a Wild fan of course, but like the Caps also. Anyway, I'm just wondering good places or bars to go to before and after the game. When do they open The Verizon Center doors for the games? We are getting the Budweiser Brewhouse package tickets and wondering how that experience is? Where is it located in the arena? Do you have to get beer, wine, and pop from the same place for the all you can drink? Any other things to experience related to a Caps game? Thanks.

Click on Page 1 of this thread and read posts #11-15. Tons of useful info for visiting fans. If you have any follow-up questions we'll be happy to answer them.

Also, what's pop? :naughty:

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Yeah, for pre-game, you basically have to tell us what kind of place you want. Verizon Center is right in the middle of the city. Too many places to list them all.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Looking for some of the more popular places that fans go to close to The Verizon Center.

to be honest, basically anywhere.

from games ive been too, Nando's Peri-Peri, the chophouse and matchbox are crowded with caps fans when ive been there

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Looking for some of the more popular places that fans go to close to The Verizon Center.

Depends on what your preference is. Some out of towners want recommendations on the best bars to get hammered at. Some want recs for fine dining. There is literally everything you can think of around the VC. One of the best located stadiums or arenas in any sport, in my opinion.

Northerner28

Mar 22, 2016
International Falls
Depends on what your preference is. Some out of towners want recommendations on the best bars to get hammered at. Some want recs for fine dining. There is literally everything you can think of around the VC. One of the best located stadiums or arenas in any sport, in my opinion.

With the Budweiser Brewhouse Package not really looking to get hammered or food. A place that has lots of Capital memorabilia and fan gear.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Some of the newer options like Penn Commons on 6th Street and Redline on G St. are pretty nice. Greene Turtle is attached to Verizon and you can actually enter in and out of Verizon which is nice. They have a lot of people and some things on the wall.

What is interesting is that I have been in many of the bars in and around Verizon center and I couldn't tell you which has more memorabilia or Capitals merchandise. Guess that says something about where my mind is at.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC

The Budweiser Brewhouse is located on the club level of VC just above the main entrance on F Street. The food is generally pretty good assuming that it is the same in the Etihad Lounge. Doors usually open an hour before game time.

Easy access from all levels around the 100/121 200/229 & 400/433 section splits with stairs and elevators. You will have to get all food and free beer and drinks in that club however (actually I am not sure if the all inclusive extends to the other all inclusives in the Draft Ops lounge on the 400 level or not), though they allow you to carry two out with you.

Northerner28

Mar 22, 2016
International Falls
Some of the newer options like Penn Commons on 6th Street and Redline on G St. are pretty nice. Greene Turtle is attached to Verizon and you can actually enter in and out of Verizon which is nice. They have a lot of people and some things on the wall.

What is interesting is that I have been in many of the bars in and around Verizon center and I couldn't tell you which has more memorabilia or Capitals merchandise. Guess that says something about where my mind is at.

No problem. I've been to a few Wild games and couldn't tell you what's on the walls in the bars around the Xcel Center.:caps:wild

Last edited:

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Hi everyone. Coming out from the desert for a couple weeks and am planning on catching the Ducks game. I saw some tickets on stubhub in the nose bleeds and knowing that it's a basketball arena as well I was wondering if there are any seats with obstructed viewing.

Also if anyone is trying to unload two tickets for that game I'd be more than interested. Just send me a PM. Thanks in advanced everyone.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Hi everyone. Coming out from the desert for a couple weeks and am planning on catching the Ducks game. I saw some tickets on stubhub in the nose bleeds and knowing that it's a basketball arena as well I was wondering if there are any seats with obstructed viewing.

Also if anyone is trying to unload two tickets for that game I'd be more than interested. Just send me a PM. Thanks in advanced everyone.

No obstructed viewing that I'm aware of, and I've sat almost every where in that arena.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Two amazing seats (sec 100) available for Thursday vs. the Pens. STH cost to hf compadres. (Selling at market on ticketmaster.) PM me if interested.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Always wonder why no one suggests the Fuddruckers down the road for a good burger. Don't get me wrong, its a franchise place but I've yet to find a place with a better burger.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Always wonder why no one suggests the Fuddruckers down the road for a good burger. Don't get me wrong, its a franchise place but I've yet to find a place with a better burger.

I worked there when I was 16... haven't eaten there since. But yeah, the food is damn good. I ate way too much of it when I worked there and had to work it off during hockey season. :laugh:

Group Chat Legend*

How much is it assumed round 1 tix will cost?

I ask because I will be visiting a friend in DC for a game (we went last year to Caps-Isles and it was Game 5-6(?), only 75 dollars. But we also bought within 24 hours of the game.

Upper bowl, cheapest seats possible is what Im curious about.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
How much is it assumed round 1 tix will cost?

I ask because I will be visiting a friend in DC for a game (we went last year to Caps-Isles and it was Game 5-6(?), only 75 dollars. But we also bought within 24 hours of the game.

Upper bowl, cheapest seats possible is what Im curious about.

In advance, probably $150-200. Day of the game you could get lucky with someone who can't go and wants to unload their tix for at least something at the last minute. That said, reselling tickets is weird. You might be able to find some type of good deal if you purchase in advance, but I wouldn't count on it.

Group Chat Legend*

In advance, probably $150-200. Day of the game you could get lucky with someone who can't go and wants to unload their tix for at least something at the last minute. That said, reselling tickets is weird. You might be able to find some type of good deal if you purchase in advance, but I wouldn't count on it.

Oh my.

How did we manage to find almost 100 tickets for 60-80 for last year??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad