Visitor's Locker Room (Ticket talk, Restaurants, Fantasy Questions, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enenvee

Nov 25, 2005
Anyone have a ticket stub from last night's Caps/Pens game (Apr. 7) that they'd be willing to part with? If so, please PM me or email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
John

caps8

Apr 9, 2007
I'm making my first trip to Washington for a Caps game for the inevitable Game 7 against the Flyers in the first round (hoping it doesn't make it there, but it's the Caps let's be real). How are the seats in the upper deck around center ice? Are there good sightlines, how's the atmosphere etc.? Also, what are good Caps-centric bars around Verizon Centre for before/after the game? Would appreciate some tips or help with making a trip to Washington for a game.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I'm making my first trip to Washington for a Caps game for the inevitable Game 7 against the Flyers in the first round (hoping it doesn't make it there, but it's the Caps let's be real). How are the seats in the upper deck around center ice? Are there good sightlines, how's the atmosphere etc.? Also, what are good Caps-centric bars around Verizon Centre for before/after the game? Would appreciate some tips or help with making a trip to Washington for a game.

My season tickets are in the upper level on the blue line. Great sight lines. Generally a greater concentration of Caps fans (vs. visiting fans) than the corners or on the ends. The only partially obstructed sight lines in the arena are the last few rows behind each goal.

Pretty much all the bars around Verizon are Caps centric before and after the game. I've found Greene Turtle and RFD to be the most crowded.

caps8

Apr 9, 2007
My season tickets are in the upper level on the blue line. Great sight lines. Generally a greater concentration of Caps fans (vs. visiting fans) than the corners or on the ends. The only partially obstructed sight lines in the arena are the last few rows behind each goal.

Pretty much all the bars around Verizon are Caps centric before and after the game. I've found Greene Turtle and RFD to be the most crowded.

Thanks a lot! Got tickets in section 400 so looking forward to the game if it happens. I've heard good things about both of those bars so will definitely have to check one of them out.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Folks, I have a week off until my new job starts on the 9th of May.
I'd like to visit Washington DC a day before Game 5 (because let's be honest, we're not gonna sweep them).

I found a good price for a ticket to the game, and I can easily arrange transportation from Montreal to DC. Can you suggest me a decent hotel near the Verizon Centre and close to Union Station? I need a room for two nights. I will go to see a practice at Kettler in the morning and take some time to visit the city. Then, I will attend the game and leave for Montreal the following day.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Folks, I have a week off until my new job starts on the 9th of May.
I'd like to visit Washington DC a day before Game 5 (because let's be honest, we're not gonna sweep them).

I found a good price for a ticket to the game, and I can easily arrange transportation from Montreal to DC. Can you suggest me a decent hotel near the Verizon Centre and close to Union Station? I need a room for two nights. I will go to see a practice at Kettler in the morning and take some time to visit the city. Then, I will attend the game and leave for Montreal the following day.

There's at least 2 hotels within 2 blocks of Verizon on F Street NW. Both are nice. (Don't know the names, but I think 1 is a Marriott) Just stay there since it's 1 (or maybe 2?) subway stops to union station from there and otherwise everything you need is in walking distance.

Kettler is a bit further; probably worth an Uber.

And if you fly it's just a few subway stops to Reagan.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
There's at least 2 hotels within 2 blocks of Verizon on F Street NW. Both are nice. (Don't know the names, but I think 1 is a Marriott) Just stay there since it's 1 (or maybe 2?) subway stops to union station from there and otherwise everything you need is in walking distance.

Kettler is a bit further; probably worth an Uber.

And if you fly it's just a few subway stops to Reagan.

Okay, thanks!
I plan to take the train from Montreal to NY, then NY to DC. I don't mind walking long distances, and I can take the subway or the bus to get to Kettler I assume.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Okay, thanks!
I plan to take the train from Montreal to NY, then NY to DC. I don't mind walking long distances, and I can take the subway or the bus to get to Kettler I assume.

the verizon center stop is Gallery Place/Chinatown. its right under the arena. take the subway over the bus if you can

Tymaster

Sep 27, 2010
Also coming from Montreal from game 5... I'm not sure I'll have a hotel in DC tho since I'll probably drive all the way to Baltimore on the Friday to go see the Orioles and then do the road to Washington on Saturday morning. Since the game will be on Saturday probably early afternoon (there's a show at 7pm), I'm thinking about doing the road back or part of it on the Saturday. (I only have Friday to Sunday off at work, and I'm a road warrior haha!).

So anyway, here's my question : What would you suggest for parking? Is there any around Verizon? Or should I park near a metro station and take the metro from there? I've already been twice to Verizon but was sleeping at Capitol Skyline Hotel and took either metro or taxi to get there so not sure about the parking.

Thanks guys, and Go Caps!

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Also coming from Montreal from game 5... I'm not sure I'll have a hotel in DC tho since I'll probably drive all the way to Baltimore on the Friday to go see the Orioles and then do the road to Washington on Saturday morning. Since the game will be on Saturday probably early afternoon (there's a show at 7pm), I'm thinking about doing the road back or part of it on the Saturday. (I only have Friday to Sunday off at work, and I'm a road warrior haha!).

So anyway, here's my question : What would you suggest for parking? Is there any around Verizon? Or should I park near a metro station and take the metro from there? I've already been twice to Verizon but was sleeping at Capitol Skyline Hotel and took either metro or taxi to get there so not sure about the parking.

Thanks guys, and Go Caps!

Parking near Verizon is scarce and costly. Your other idea is a good one. I recommend parking on the street by Van Ness station. Take Connecticut Ave off 495 and sits a straight shot.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Parking near Verizon is scarce and costly. Your other idea is a good one. I recommend parking on the street by Van Ness station. Take Connecticut Ave off 495 and sits a straight shot.

New Carrollton metro station is also near 495 but east from where 295 (Balt-Wash Pkwy) or 95 meet the beltway (495). It's probably less than 3 mi from 295. Requires a change of trains on metro. Metro parking garage open 24 hours because it also serves Amtrak.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Well, I changed my mind. My friends took the plane to Mexico today, I found cheap tickets and I'll be joining them tomorrow. I will visit DC for sure next year.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
I'm in DC this weekend to catch game 5. Does anyone have a spare single ticket to sell me? I'll be wearing my Ovenchicken jersey and rooting for the home guys. Please PM me.

Tymaster

Sep 27, 2010

Thank you very much for the tip! Hopefully the game won't go in 3rd OT so there are still metros! Hopefully my car is safe too! But it was perfect to get to the arena and it got me to see the more residential part of DC that I never seen previously (cathedral avenue is beautiful)

Thanks again!

Go Caps!

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Thank you very much for the tip! Hopefully the game won't go in 3rd OT so there are still metros! Hopefully my car is safe too! But it was perfect to get to the arena and it got me to see the more residential part of DC that I never seen previously (cathedral avenue is beautiful)

Thanks again!

Go Caps!

You're welcome! And yes, your car should be just fine.

Go Caps!

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I may be moving to Reston for a job. Anyone reviews or tips from any of you who may be from there?

If possible I would look at nearby cities and not live in reston. It's one of the more expensive places in the county (maybe you have money :) ) but if you do, Reston is 15 mins from Tysons corner which is basically a super mall (hugeeeee) (top 10 biggest mall in USA) it has everything from restaurants to stores etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad