Visitor's Locker Room (Ticket talk, Restaurants, Fantasy Questions, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapsIntensity68

May 1, 2002
Visit site
Been a season ticket holder for the past 8 years and will have a good number of games available that I won't be able to attend. Two seats in Section 115 Row Y, this is the end the Caps defend twice. Just about everything will be below face value and a little below the secondaries, premium weekend games will closer to or at face value. Electronic tickets transferred from Capitals/Monumental Sports website. Feel free to reach out if interested.

Last edited:

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
This is probably a stupid question but I live two blocks from Kettler Iceplex so I go to Caps practices every now and then for the hell of it. Do away teams practice there too on gameday if they're on a road trip?

Aliceanna

Tom Wilson - Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 12, 2011
ATL
This is probably a stupid question but I live two blocks from Kettler Iceplex so I go to Caps practices every now and then for the hell of it. Do away teams practice there too on gameday if they're on a road trip?

It is rare, but it does happen. When I was in the habit of going to practice, I saw several of the opposing teams' practices (Rangers, Jets, Bruins during the playoffs).

The best way to know if it's going to happen is to follow @VogsCaps on Twitter, along with the @WashCaps and @CapitalsPR. They always announce when opposing teams will be practicing at KCI.

BPMrules

Nov 10, 2009
Baltimore, MD
I have a pair of tickets for tonight's game against the lightning, i have to work, so I'm not gonna be able to make it. Face value, can email the tickets.
PM me if interested, section 407 row f, 14 & 15.

choke68nz

Dec 21, 2015
Caps vs Rangers

Hi there, my wife and I are visiting Washington next month and are looking for 2 tickets to the Caps vs Rangers game on the 17th. We would be happy to spend up to $150 per ticket. Does anyone have 2 tickets going for that event? I can get in contact through email and we can sort the payment through paypal. Thanks in advance.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Looking for a little DC area info. please.

My oldest, soon to graduate UMass, has a job interview at National Institute of Health in Bethesda on January 8th.

Im thinking of taking him down non stop Acela from Providence to Union Station DC. Is that closest to NIH? Can I take taxi from there to a local hotel?
Any suggstions for a hotel near NIH , walkable or taxi, ?

Any other tips?

Thanks!

Wally

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Looking for a little DC area info. please.

My oldest, soon to graduate UMass, has a job interview at National Institute of Health in Bethesda on January 8th.

Im thinking of taking him down non stop Acela from Providence to Union Station DC. Is that closest to NIH? Can I take taxi from there to a local hotel?
Any suggstions for a hotel near NIH , walkable or taxi, ?

Any other tips?

Thanks!

Wally

NIH/Medical Center is a stop on Metro's Red Line, and so is Union Station, so you can use public transportation if you'd like. It's about 20-25 minutes (11 stops or so), and probably 40 minutes total if you account for walking to and from the station. It's a pretty easy trip since you don't have to transfer lines and NIH is right outside of the Metro stop.

If you want to drive/taxi, you're probably looking at an hour trip or so in traffic from D.C. to Bethesda if you're traveling during rush hour, and if I'm not mistaken, parking blows at NIH. I recommend using the Metro but giving yourself plenty of time in case of train delays.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Thank you!

I'll be heading back to Union early Saturday morning. Safe to assume traffic is lighter then, under an hour?

If nobody here can answer this one, google maps has an option that allows you to view typical traffic patterns for different days and times. Just google the destination and then plot the route via google maps and then look around the page for the option to mess with the typical traffic settings.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Thank you!

I'll be heading back to Union early Saturday morning. Safe to assume traffic is lighter then, under an hour?

You would think so but I've learned to assume nothing when it comes to traffic in the DMV! On a normal Saturday morning, it's probably only 20-25 minutes. Good luck to your son on his interview.

choke68nz

Dec 21, 2015
Hi all, just checking that 'stubhub' is the best deal for tickets to the Caps/Rangers game on the 17th? They seem pretty steep for pricing, but is it just because it is a Division rivalry? I am coming all the way from New Zealand so I am a bit out of the loop. Thanks.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Hi all, just checking that 'stubhub' is the best deal for tickets to the Caps/Rangers game on the 17th? They seem pretty steep for pricing, but is it just because it is a Division rivalry? I am coming all the way from New Zealand so I am a bit out of the loop. Thanks.

Check craigslist as well. It's going to be pricey either way because it's the Rangers/Caps, and you'll probably want your tickets in advance seeing you're traveling a long way. If you're ok risking it, you can normally get them at a discount the day of the game, but I wouldn't recommend it for out-of-towners.

Yankeekid07

Jul 19, 2011
Westchester, NY
1/17

NYR fan looking for 3 tickets to the game on 1/17...where do guys suggest I turn to get seats?

Stubhub seems expensive and usually isn't the best way to get seats in NY.

Thanks in advance guys!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If you list tickets for sale they must be NO HIGHER than face value, or what you paid. You may be required to provide proof of purchase price.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
NYR fan coming in peace... I'm getting my ducks in a row... If our teams should happen to meet in the playoffs, is anyone here interested in swapping seats in case you want to come to NYC and I want to come to DC? I also have tickets to the Islanders in case the Caps play them.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Playoff tickets

I'm going to be visiting DC between 18.-25. of April and thought it would be a perfect chance to catch some NHL playoff action. That should be roughly around the time of Conference semi's. What's the best way of looking for tickets from abroad? Also what kind of ticket prices are we talking about?

edit: I'm leaning towards paying less rather than more :) So I'm fine with seats in the higher bowls.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Stubhub is typically always your best bet for tickets. You'll be looking at $200+ per ticket, and likely more, for upper level seats.

Holy **** tickets start from 200? What are the original prices for tickets? And are games already pre booked full or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Holy **** tickets start from 200? What are the original prices for tickets? And are games already pre booked full or something?

The games will undoubtedly sell out. Face value of most tickets will likely be > $100. One of the additional issues you'll run into is that for the Conference Semi-finals, they'd be playing another Metro team, which is a huge selling point in the regular season.

Stubhub does have some now starting in the $140 range, but as the dates are not yet determined, that'd be tough for you to commit to, I'd imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad