Visiting Ottawa and CTC/Tickets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Just a heads up about next weekend

Friday/Saturday)Crashed Ice downtown

Most streets will be closed or have limited access in the downtown core there expecting up to 100,000 on Saturday.

Friday/Saturday)Oua mens basketball final 4 @ Carleton

Sunday)Clarkson Cup Ctc

Hotels/bars etc will be jam packed on weekend also traffic/transit will be a challenge.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Cannot comment on the St. Patrick's day events but it sounds like you're in town just in time for the Stanley Cup Tribute, which may be of some interest to you:

http://www.ottawa2017.ca/events/signature-events/stanley-cup-tribute/

Great suggestion, thanks!

We need a few suggestions for:

1. Best places for breakfast
2. Best bars in the ByWard market area
3. At least one "nice" dinner option in ByWard
4. A good sports bar to watch hockey games, preferably near the Canadian Tire Centre, for our friends who couldn't afford tickets
5. I think we are interested in the alumni meet and greet, but what is it going to be? The website doesn't say...
6. Best place to buy a Sens jersey for the hockey game.

Right now our current planned events/dining include:

Historic Tavern Tour
Flapjack's Canadian diner
Rideau Canal
Ghost and Gallows Tour
Parliament Hill (Centre Block Tour)
National Gallery
Notre-Dame Basilica
Habs vs Sens
Jigsaw Escape Room
ByWard Market for St.Patrick's day

Last edited:

Awesomeakel

Feb 16, 2016
IT is finally here!! My first sens game
Gotta say, Canada have been amazing, never met so friendly and welcoming people in My life!
I am actually thinking of moving to Ottawa after this trip.
How is the job market and living costs for condo/houses?
I work as a key account manager for a trading company in norway.
Anyone know If it is difficult to get a job in this field, How is salaries here?

Sorry If this is not the place to ask this, since it is not game related.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
IT is finally here!! My first sens game
Gotta say, Canada have been amazing, never met so friendly and welcoming people in My life!
I am actually thinking of moving to Ottawa after this trip.
How is the job market and living costs for condo/houses?
I work as a key account manager for a trading company in norway.
Anyone know If it is difficult to get a job in this field, How is salaries here?

Sorry If this is not the place to ask this, since it is not game related.

Job market here is pretty good, and housing is FAR more affordable than it is in many other major Canadian cities. Let's put it this way - I think that Ottawa is the best combination of affordable housing and a strong job market of any city in Canada. If you have an identifiable skill, you'll find a job here...

Samsens

Jan 20, 2015
Fredericton, NB
I have 4 tickets for March 23rd against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Section 115, Row A, Seats 5-8. The best seats in the house! Might be able to catch a Crosby tear!

$269 Each (CDN)

LookAtThosePepperoni

I am he who loves all, when I'm in the mood.
Jan 28, 2016
Hey guys,

Heading to Ottawa this Saturday for the Habs/Sens game and sleeping at Best Western in Gatineau.

Any suggestion for a restaurant near?
Also, is there a lot of traffic?
Best time to arrive?
Anything worth checking in or around the arena?

Thanks guys.

55sensfan

Apr 24, 2012

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
I have two tickets to the Sens-Habs game tomorrow (Sunday) evening in MONTREAL

section 402 Row B Seat 6 and 5, game starts at 7pm

giving a pretty decent discount to move them for anyone interested

PM me to get in touch

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
There will be a Keg restaurant built right next to the new Food Basics they plan on breaking ground in early apr and it should be done by nov.

source

Jul 13, 2008
I think it's time to start buying playoff tickets.

Today I purchased 2 tickets in the upper 300s for $235 total on StubHub, for Home Game #1.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
How are you buying tickets? Season seat holders are the only ones that have tickets, but they haven't been paid for.. they can cancel them at anytime before we clinch.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Here is the link for tickets.

The prices are in US dollars. I purchased 2 tickets at $92.50 USD per ticket (including fees), which worked out to $117.50 CAD per ticket.

I hope I don't get screwed by the seller, but StubHub will guarantee what I've paid.

NNYSens

Aug 28, 2014
I have 2 tickets to tomorrow's Sens Rangers game in sec 109 $120 a piece, pm if interested.

Ronjames

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Hey guys.

Not sure if this the right place to do it. But I'm selling my tickets to game 1.

Section 315 Row P: Seats 1-4

I bought them at $88.50 but I'm willing to let them go $10 cheaper (Each!, so $20 in total).

Ticketmaster etransfer works. Saves on fees.

Last edited:

booyaka85

Apr 10, 2017
I have 2 tickets for Game 2 on Saturday in Sec 322 row H. $250 for the pair and it includes lot 4 parking. Reason for selling if i have to take time off work I'd rather see a night game than a afternoon game. Pm if interested.

Last edited:

SensForLife11

Apr 28, 2010
Ottawa
Got a pair of tickets for sale in 318 Row E with parking to either Game 1 or Game 2. $200 for each set. Would cost $285 through Ticketmaster.

Last edited:

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Coming from Toronto for game 2. Getting there Friday and probably leaving Sunday morning to come back.

Any recommendations for the best bar (for variety and microbrews) in Ottawa/Gatineau and a restaurant that is vegetarian friendly for the wifey? Go to spot for poutine? Also, is anything going to be open on Friday? Thanks in advance!

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
Hello Senators fans!

I will be traveling to lovely Kanata for games 1 and 2. I'm hoping that one of you can answer a question for me. In regards to purchasing alcohol in the CTC, do they accept a US ID, or should I bring my passport into the arena with me as well (although very reluctant to do so)?

Thanks in advance for the help and I hope this ends up being a great series!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad