Visiting Minnesota? Everything you need to know here!

30whales

Oct 18, 2011
Are the ushers sticklers about checking your tickets when you go into sections? Have two tickets and a third buddy that wants to come but we don't have a third ticket next to us.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Well...with the way home games have been selling lately, I feel like it'd be more than likely he'd be taking someone else's seat.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
They rarely check them in the upper level, but yeah, you probably wouldn't have an open seat next to you, so good luck. Not sure if they check often for lower level.

30whales

Oct 18, 2011
Yeah that's all true I was just moreso thinking we scout the area and see if there is a group of three. That's what we do at the Ralph but doesn't always work.

KOPITARRULEZ11

Apr 2, 2012
Minnesota
Practice Question

Is the public allowed to watch the opponents practice at all a buddy of mine said he watched Florida practice before the game

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
hmmmmm, can't speak to that one. I know the team usually stays at the St. Paul hotel right across the way from the X and on nice days they will walk over for practice, but public being able to watch, never heard anything about that as a given before.

You could always try though. Go in through the River Center side and see if you can get in to watch.

poppap527

Aug 3, 2006
Hello all, coming to Minneapolis on Monday for work. Looking to catch the Tuesday game, as you'll be playing the Kings and I have some flesh in the fight.

Any places to check out before during and after? I'll probably be going solo, but I'll find a way to enjoy myself.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Hello all, coming to Minneapolis on Monday for work. Looking to catch the Tuesday game, as you'll be playing the Kings and I have some flesh in the fight.

Any places to check out before during and after? I'll probably be going solo, but I'll find a way to enjoy myself.

Check out page 1 if you're looking for favorite bars/restaurants near the Xcel Energy Center.

PhillyCurt12

Apr 12, 2010
Where to watch 2nd day of draft? SW Suburbs

Good morning Minnesota,

Pennsylvania transplant Flyers fan coming in peace :handclap:

Does anyone know of a good spot that will have the second day of the draft (preferably with sound) in the SW suburbs? I'm in SLP and do not have the NHL network.

Thanks!
Curt

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Good morning Minnesota,

Pennsylvania transplant Flyers fan coming in peace :handclap:

Does anyone know of a good spot that will have the second day of the draft (preferably with sound) in the SW suburbs? I'm in SLP and do not have the NHL network.

Thanks!
Curt

Maybe a Buffalo Wild Wings? Not too sure how popular the NHL draft is going to be in any bars when there is baseball galore to show.

Welcome to MN though!

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah Bdubs would put it on for you for sure. Depending on what else is on that night you'd probably be able to get it in at just about any sports bar though.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Eh... this isn't hockey-specific, but still might be the best place to ask this.

My wife and I are in the (extremely!) early stages of looking into buying a home; early enough that we're not even set on where exactly in the Twin Cities area we're looking. But I was curious: since she and I are semi-recent "immigrants" (lived in the TC less than 5 years), are there any good resources you guys know of online to get info on the different areas, that is more or less up to date? I've found a couple things, but some of the info looks really old. There are a lot of places in the metro area that are more or less just names on a map for me right now.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Eh... this isn't hockey-specific, but still might be the best place to ask this.

My wife and I are in the (extremely!) early stages of looking into buying a home; early enough that we're not even set on where exactly in the Twin Cities area we're looking. But I was curious: since she and I are semi-recent "immigrants" (lived in the TC less than 5 years), are there any good resources you guys know of online to get info on the different areas, that is more or less up to date? I've found a couple things, but some of the info looks really old. There are a lot of places in the metro area that are more or less just names on a map for me right now.

like what specifically do you want to know? Are you guys planning on moving to the suburbs or want to stay in Minneapolis or St. Paul proper? If you are going to do the suburb gig, look at places that are close to where you work, so like Eastern would be Woodbury, Oakdale, Maplewood......South is Apple Valley, Eagan, Rosemount,....etc etc.

Knowing the general things you are looking for can help provide information.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
like what specifically do you want to know? Are you guys planning on moving to the suburbs or want to stay in Minneapolis or St. Paul proper? If you are going to do the suburb gig, look at places that are close to where you work, so like Eastern would be Woodbury, Oakdale, Maplewood......South is Apple Valley, Eagan, Rosemount,....etc etc.

Knowing the general things you are looking for can help provide information.

Honestly, at this point, it's too early to tell. I'm applying/interviewing to positions all over the Cities, so it'll heavily depend where I end up working permanently. I guess for now what I'm really looking for is like, if there's a go-to resource for up to date info for people who are moving to the area, so I can read up on the different places around the metro area for pros/cons, crime rates, local amenities, transit options, home values, infrastructure, etc. etc. etc. (That is to say, I wasn't asking anyone here to type out all this kind of info for every municipality for me! ;) )

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Well I'd like to avoid the McMansion ******** as much as possible. My two main job prospects right this second are in Prior Lake and St. Paul, so those are the starting points, I guess. But again, I'm not asking anyone here to give me all the city data or anything ;)

Apex96

Apr 5, 2016
Minnesota
Honestly, at this point, it's too early to tell. I'm applying/interviewing to positions all over the Cities, so it'll heavily depend where I end up working permanently. I guess for now what I'm really looking for is like, if there's a go-to resource for up to date info for people who are moving to the area, so I can read up on the different places around the metro area for pros/cons, crime rates, local amenities, transit options, home values, infrastructure, etc. etc. etc. (That is to say, I wasn't asking anyone here to type out all this kind of info for every municipality for me! ;) )

If you want to live close to hockey players and live in a quiet/nice community I'd say you can't beat Chanhassen! It was voted one of the top cities in America multiple times in the past year and everything you need it fairly close. Minnetonka and Chaska are not bad either! I love living in the South West Suburbs and used to live in the Southern Suburbs. You really can't go wrong in the S/SW.

Mass transit around here is okay. Light rail only goes so many places, busses during the weekend are frequent from/to suburbs to Minneapolis/St Paul.

I could write more but I don't know how much your interested in the Southwest area that I know about.

But I honestly think the biggest factor is you'll be living in the same city as the Reilly family & very close to lake Minnetonka where the other 95% of the hockey players on the Minnesota Wild live.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
If you want to live close to hockey players and live in a quiet/nice community I'd say you can't beat Chanhassen! It was voted one of the top cities in America multiple times in the past year and everything you need it fairly close. Minnetonka and Chaska are not bad either! I love living in the South West Suburbs and used to live in the Southern Suburbs. You really can't go wrong in the S/SW.

Mass transit around here is okay. Light rail only goes so many places, busses during the weekend are frequent from/to suburbs to Minneapolis/St Paul.

I could write more but I don't know how much your interested in the Southwest area that I know about.

But I honestly think the biggest factor is you'll be living in the same city as the Reilly family & very close to lake Minnetonka where the other 95% of the hockey players on the Minnesota Wild live.

Naturally after you mention Chaska being great, some guy gets snuffed at a McDonalds there :amazed:

Anyway, I've heard good things about S/SW areas of course, though I reiterate that I really don't like McMansion-ey subdivisions. Wherever we end up, I'd definitely prefer an older neighborhood with mature trees and all that, and I'm not sure how much of that exists down there.

As far as living near Wild players, I don't give two ***** about that, and all things considered, it's probably better that I don't :laugh:

Slick Willy*

Do you want a place that will have good hockey programs as well (for your kids and such)?

I know there are people around the country that have moved to MN for that reason alone, so it's not an outrageous thing to look to ask about if you're looking into that or not.

Personally, I've been on the East Side of St. Paul my whole life, and the hockey program here is in its last stages - in its terminal stages at this point.

Cities (suburbs, more specifically) I am looking to move to when I finally get away from this God forsaken area, are somewhat limited to:

South St. Paul - legendary hockey program, nice, small-city feel super close to the "big city" - they've had I believe three SSP products in the NHL within the last year or two - it's a total win for a guy like me who was raised on the East Side and want my kids to grow up in an area that is low crime, clean somewhat, and has a great hockey program for my kids.

Stillwater/Bayport - just a perfect area all around. Just far enough yet close enough to live the night life/pro sports of the big cities.

Forest Lake - farther away, but super nice area.

Woodbury/Lake Elmo/Lakeland - super area all around, their hockey program is growing as well.

White Bear Lake - very similar in many regards to my above-stated about SSP. Actually might be where I move to eventually...

Honorable mention: Eagan, Maple Grove, Anoka or Elk River. All fantastic areas with legendary youth hockey programs.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Forest lake is a nice area but if you're going to have kids and have them go to public school, just know that a lot of people that live there are not very supportive of their schools. My girlfriend works there and just this year they finally got a referendum passed so her school can have their own boiler and not siphon off heat from a neighboring school.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad