Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates II

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Depends, you might be better off ubering
i live in nyc. i walk miles every day. i dont wanna walk on a highway or through a rough neighborhood though. planning a trip to nashville end of feb. an airbnb/vrbo is a much nicer place for my friends to stay but its in germantown. the hotels arent great for our group but they are in downtown/sobro. prices are similar. wondering if we could comfortably walk to downtown from germantown. germantown seems to have some cool breweries/brewpubs/rests tho too.

It's all walkable, but it's about 10-12 minutes. About 1-2 miles. I would Uber/Lyft.

I would not walk it at night or after a game though.
4 guys. mid 30s. i walk in harlem nyc where my job is lol.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
i live in nyc. i walk miles every day. i dont wanna walk on a highway or through a rough neighborhood though. planning a trip to nashville end of feb. an airbnb/vrbo is a much nicer place for my friends to stay but its in germantown. the hotels arent great for our group but they are in downtown/sobro. prices are similar. wondering if we could comfortably walk to downtown from germantown. germantown seems to have some cool breweries/brewpubs/rests tho too.

4 guys. mid 30s. i walk in harlem nyc where my job is lol.
You'll be fine.

Reactions: ecemleafs

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Probably a bit early for this but figured I'd get a head start.

I'll be in town for MLK weekend and want to catch the Islanders in Nashville. Do prices usually dip right before games or do they stay where they are generally (on the secondary market)? I've always heard of the games being a really fun atmosphere so I'm not sure if it's just hockey fans who go or if it's a destination for people to just get that experience and I'm not sure how that might impact their pricing.

I love the city and will be walking distance from the arena so I don't need to worry about anything other than when to buy tickets.

Any insight to what you guys are expecting would be appreciated.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Probably a bit early for this but figured I'd get a head start.

I'll be in town for MLK weekend and want to catch the Islanders in Nashville. Do prices usually dip right before games or do they stay where they are generally (on the secondary market)? I've always heard of the games being a really fun atmosphere so I'm not sure if it's just hockey fans who go or if it's a destination for people to just get that experience and I'm not sure how that might impact their pricing.

I love the city and will be walking distance from the arena so I don't need to worry about anything other than when to buy tickets.

Any insight to what you guys are expecting would be appreciated.
Weekend games are more expensive and I'd imagine a holiday weekend would have even higher demand. My experience is that generally prices peak a week or so before the game and then drop again the day of, but that is anecdotal. Looking on Stubhub those prices look pretty typical for that game though.

Reactions: PK Cronin

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Weekend games are more expensive and I'd imagine a holiday weekend would have even higher demand. My experience is that generally prices peak a week or so before the game and then drop again the day of, but that is anecdotal. Looking on Stubhub those prices look pretty typical for that game though.

Thank you!

I did forget one thing I guess I should ask. Are there any vegan options inside the arena and/or in the surrounding area that would be recommended?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Thank you!

I did forget one thing I guess I should ask. Are there any vegan options inside the arena and/or in the surrounding area that would be recommended?
I actually don't live in Nashville anymore nor am I vegan so no idea what the current best spots would be. There is Assembly Food Hall next to the arena which is essentially a food court consisting of many of the trendy restaurants in Nashville. I'd imagine you could find something good there but don't have anything specific to suggest.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Thank you!

Assembly Food Hall across the street has a few places with vegan options. Specifically there's a Pharmacy Burger which has a really good vegan burger, but you have to go around to the backside to order it. Then I can't recall the name of the place but I think there's one that has a vegan chicken sandwich and there's a taco place that has a few options.

There's also a Mellow Mushroom on Broadway that has a vegan cheese option. Everything else would be outside of the downtown loop, specifically in East and South Nashville. Happy Cow is pretty accurate for this area... Search Results for 15 miles from Nashville, Tennessee, USA - HappyCow

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Assembly Food Hall across the street has a few places with vegan options. Specifically there's a Pharmacy Burger which has a really good vegan burger, but you have to go around to the backside to order it. Then I can't recall the name of the place but I think there's one that has a vegan chicken sandwich and there's a taco place that has a few options.

There's also a Mellow Mushroom on Broadway that has a vegan cheese option. Everything else would be outside of the downtown loop, specifically in East and South Nashville. Happy Cow is pretty accurate for this area... Search Results for 15 miles from Nashville, Tennessee, USA - HappyCow

I've actually been to both locations but hadn't realized (or remembered) them having vegan options. I'm glad there's at least some options in the downtown area available for the people I'm traveling with. It's not something you really think about if you're not living that lifestyle. Thank you so much!

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I've actually been to both locations but hadn't realized (or remembered) them having vegan options. I'm glad there's at least some options in the downtown area available for the people I'm traveling with. It's not something you really think about if you're not living that lifestyle. Thank you so much!

No problem, I know Nashville isn't the first place people would think of for vegan food, but we actually have a really solid selection here and a great vegan community that supports it. Chattanooga is decent as well if you're ever down that way, but Knoxville and Memphis are less accommodating.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
There are quite a few vegan restaurants in the Nashville area. I am not vegan, but I do eat vegan foods because it's a safe option due a variety of food allergies I have. I don't think you will have any issues finding options on a menu in most places downtown.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Thank you!

My son is also vegan. He has VERY limited choices and usually sticks to french fries in the arena--there may be other options but they're not on our floor! It used to be far easier before the pandemic since they had salads and Asian food that was available but I haven't seen them since. You can find a few vegan friendly items at Bakersfield (tacos) near the arena but you will have to request no cheese or crema. He usually eats before we head out.

jlockhart89

Humboldt Strong
Jul 16, 2004
Humboldt, SK
Hey all,

We are in town visiting specifically for the Preds home opener, can’t wait to experience the Smashville atmosphere. We aren’t Preds fans by nature but will be cheering hard Thursday night!

Quick question, are there any sports bars in the Nashville area that carry out of market hockey games? Thinking specifically the Leafs and Oilers openers Wednesday night. We are staying by Broadway but me and my buddy would Uber to a different area while the wives take in the Blue Bird Cafe tomorrow.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, good luck this season!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Hey all,

We are in town visiting specifically for the Preds home opener, can’t wait to experience the Smashville atmosphere. We aren’t Preds fans by nature but will be cheering hard Thursday night!

Quick question, are there any sports bars in the Nashville area that carry out of market hockey games? Thinking specifically the Leafs and Oilers openers Wednesday night. We are staying by Broadway but me and my buddy would Uber to a different area while the wives take in the Blue Bird Cafe tomorrow.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, good luck this season!
A lot of times they may not be on but if you ask they'll change to that station for you. Double Dogs is an option. Sam's Sports Grill is another. If they can get it, they are both very accommodating.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Avs fan here that is flying in tomorrow for my first visit to Nashville. I'll be at the game on Monday and I am checking out a comedy show Sunday night and will see Blues Traveler at the Ryman on Tuesday night. I have done some research on places to eat.

Seems like it will be a great time, my wife and I are excited.

Reactions: triggrman and Adz

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Avs fan here that is flying in tomorrow for my first visit to Nashville. I'll be at the game on Monday and I am checking out a comedy show Sunday night and will see Blues Traveler at the Ryman on Tuesday night. I have done some research on places to eat.

We're a destination city for good reason! Hope you have fun!

Reactions: MaKarter

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro

Hope you’ve enjoyed your trip! Was a great game.

Reactions: MaKarter

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
We had 4 Colorado fans in front of us last night in 219. We talked to one, who was wearing a stitched together Preds/Avs jersey with Forsberg on it. She cheers for both teams so she was happy either way.

Funny, I typed "fans" (I thought!) and got "nsfw" somehow.

To clarify, BOTH Forsbergs represented

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Nashville has been awesome. My wife and I have really enjoyed exploring the city and have been eating great food.

The game was great, all I can do is laugh at the way it ended. Forsberg was everywhere last night.
I’d like to know how Blues Traveler’s concert goes. A few years ago he got on stage at some random bar and was really good.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00