Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates II

senseimike

Dec 6, 2015
Possibly dumb question but Sens fan here coming down to the game on Dec 10! SO excited! Just wondering though, what's the general arena vibe like for visiting fans? Like if I show up in a Sens Tkachuk shirt, will someone want to beat me up or anything? Or can I enjoy the famous vibe of Preds games like the rest of the fans there?
Thanks!

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Possibly dumb question but Sens fan here coming down to the game on Dec 10! SO excited! Just wondering though, what's the general arena vibe like for visiting fans? Like if I show up in a Sens Tkachuk shirt, will someone want to beat me up or anything? Or can I enjoy the famous vibe of Preds games like the rest of the fans there?
Thanks!

I’ve always felt like it’s a really friendly environment as long as you’re not that obnoxious opposing team fan.

Reactions: Adz

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I’ve always felt like it’s a really friendly environment as long as you’re not that obnoxious opposing team fan.
Would agree with that. Normal hockey fan in opposing jersey, no problem. One throwing beer and obscenities around might attract some negative attention. We sat next to Rangers fans tonight and they were fine--they had fun, we had fun.

Reactions: LCPreds

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Thanks!
Long as you don't get drunk and disruptive you will be fine. If you do, someone may step up and teach you some manners.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
By all means get drunk enjoy the city. Just be cool about it. Honestly if you act like an ass you’ll get treated like one. Just have fun, we all love fun

Last edited:

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Islander fan here....good game last night.

Headed to Nashville Thanksgiving weekend. Looking for a spot to watch the US World Cup game on Friday afternoon. Any thoughts for good spots downtown to eat and drink and have the game on? I'm sure the game will be on all around, but there might be a bar or two to focus on that might be better than others.

TIA.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Islander fan here....good game last night.

Headed to Nashville Thanksgiving weekend. Looking for a spot to watch the US World Cup game on Friday afternoon. Any thoughts for good spots downtown to eat and drink and have the game on? I'm sure the game will be on all around, but there might be a bar or two to focus on that might be better than others.

TIA.

The Nashville chapter of the American Outlaws host watch parties at Tailgate Brewery on Music Row.

Fleet Street Pub in Printer's Ally has always been a "soccer bar" and will likely be doing something.

Last edited:
Reactions: crasherino

crasherino

May 9, 2013
The Nashville chapter of the American Outlaws host watch parties at Tailgate Brewery on Music Row.

Fleet Street Pub in Printer's Ally has always been a "soccer bar" and will likely be doing something.
Thanks man - appreciate it.

BigDaddyTim

Dec 4, 2022
Hi!

I am an Ottawa Senators fan coming in peace. I am taking my 2 year old daughter to her first NHL game to see the Sens vs. Preds on Dec 10th. I was hoping to just get insight into the pre-game festivities and maybe some tips / tricks on what time to be there, where to stand to see the teams in warmups, best way to get high-fives, etc.

We are planning to be there early and just trying to make the most out of it for her.

Thank you in advance for any replies and looking forward to a great game! I heard the atmosphere is always bumping in Nashville!

Mods - please let me know if this isn't the correct place to post this.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Make sure you have ear protection for her. The volume in the arena is stupid high. I wear ear plugs myself. You can hang out near the tunnel area for pre game skate etc.. Arena should open at 11 am but check on that. It is also a theme "night" Star Wars.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
There is an area for kids on the first floor concourse, not sure if a 2 year old would have any interest yet but there is a place where you can get a free pic down there, too.

If she gets overwhelmed, and she might, there is a place up on the second floor that's set up as a quiet place. It's near 213 I believe, sort of in a quiet nook (just sit there with her and that might be enough)

I hope you all have a good time in Nashville. If you're going to be here awhile there's a really cool children's museum right off the interstate -- Adventure Science Center. It has a whole area devoted to the little ones.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
You can go down to the glass during warm-ups and that will happen 30 minutes prior to puck drop. Sections 106 around to 115 is the visitor side of the ice.

You can stay down there the entire warm-up period. You may get a puck tossed over the glass on purpose (106/107/114/115) or under the net by accident/purpose (108 to 113).

To get close enough to the players would be at their tunnel entrance, section 115. It used to be open but they may have glass down there now. Not sure.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
If asked, I heard a parent once explain the preds ‘you suck!’ goal chant to their toddler as ‘tough luck!’

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Hi!

I am an Ottawa Senators fan coming in peace. I am taking my 2 year old daughter to her first NHL game to see the Sens vs. Preds on Dec 10th. I was hoping to just get insight into the pre-game festivities and maybe some tips / tricks on what time to be there, where to stand to see the teams in warmups, best way to get high-fives, etc.

We are planning to be there early and just trying to make the most out of it for her.

Thank you in advance for any replies and looking forward to a great game! I heard the atmosphere is always bumping in Nashville!

Mods - please let me know if this isn't the correct place to post this.
Merged with our visitors guide thread. All sorts of info here.

WJ99

Dec 30, 2022
OK, so quite out of town.

I'm flying from the UK (Cardiff, Wales) to honeymoon in Nashville from April 1st to around April 10th and I just have a few questions as I cannot wait to visit. Apologies if this is short, but in my experience the more concise I can keep my questioning the more likely I am to get someone to read!

1. Which game would you recommend during our stay out of Vegas and Carolina
  2. Do the jerseys ever go on sale towards/during April (wouldn't usually ask cheapskate questions but the poor £/$ exchange rate has made our holiday insanely more expensive)
  3. Would you recommend only buying through Ticketmaster as I notice sites like VividTickets sell cheaper.
  4. Any recomendations on car hire?
  5. Any other advice/suggestions while we're in Nashville & Memphis? Food, places to visit, anything at all!

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
First off, I pity the Pound sterling. Secondly, my niece is moving to Scotland with her hubby. Third, check above this for visitor info.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Re car hire, check out APP called TURO. Its like Airbnb but for cars. I use it exclusively now when I am renting a car and it ends up being cheaper than Hertz or Avis by about 10-20% with a more interesting vehicle.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
@WJ99 I know people always direct folks to the visitors guide thread in these instances but a couple of your questions arent likely in that thread so I'll try to answer them here.

As for which game to see, there are some considerations that wont be known until much closer to the time you arrive. If Nashville is still in the playoff picture, the game with Vegas will likely have more on the line since they are in our conference, but if the Preds are out of the playoff hunt then there probably wont be much difference. Also if the Preds are out of the playoff hunt, the secondary ticket sale sites will almost certainly have tickets available below face value and thus much cheaper than Ticketmaster.

As far as jerseys, I think they dont get discounted until after the season, if ever, unless its jerseys of players who have been traded and no longer play for the Preds, which, again if we are out of the playoff race there may be several of those.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and I hope you enjoy your time here. I am curious as to how you chose Nashville as a honeymoon destination, if you dont mind sharing. (And as a huge Doctor Who nerd the fact you're from Cardiff is very cool)

Cheers!

Edited to add nhl.com has a sale today only. Not sure if they ship international or not but they had Josi and Duchene jerseys marked down

Last edited:
Reactions: hockey diva

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad