Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates II

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Can you still park at Nissan Stadium and take a shuttle to Bridgestone? Debating going to the game tomorrow night so I can see the Bruins again. Like to see Bergeron play in person one more time in case he calls it quits after this season. :laugh:....:(
Yes!

It is Lot D. There is a shuttle or you can walk over the bridge. I'm assuming the shuttle is free this year.

You have to show your ticket to get into the lot and on the shuttle.

Nashville Predators Game Parking (FREE) | Special Event Parking | Getting Around | Downtown Nashville

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

TbibaultVander

Jan 14, 2022
Hi everyone, not sure I am on the right place but i will try my luck…

My wife and I are coming to Nashville from Switzerland on the 26th of March for a south-east road trip for our honeymoon and one of my big dream was to come and watch a game at the Bridgestone arena. Unfortunately, the only game played whilst we are in the Music city is against the Flyers and tickets are reserved for locals, which I fully understand as we do have the same policy here for some Games. Do you know, by any chance, if there is a possibility to buy tickets on game day ?

many thanks for your advice and sorry for my English,
A Pred from Switzerland

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Hi everyone, not sure I am on the right place but i will try my luck…

My wife and I are coming to Nashville from Switzerland on the 26th of March for a south-east road trip for our honeymoon and one of my big dream was to come and watch a game at the Bridgestone arena. Unfortunately, the only game played whilst we are in the Music city is against the Flyers and tickets are reserved for locals, which I fully understand as we do have the same policy here for some Games. Do you know, by any chance, if there is a possibility to buy tickets on game day ?

many thanks for your advice and sorry for my English,
A Pred from Switzerland
Email the preds, I bet they'll help you out, their customer service is pretty damn good.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
Was wondering if anyone had any info on if vaccination status was required or masks were required to enter. Coming to the game on Feb 15 and know other arenas have implemented this.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Was wondering if anyone had any info on if vaccination status was required or masks were required to enter. Coming to the game on Feb 15 and know other arenas have implemented this.

They dropped that like a week into the season

Reactions: Cappy76

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Masks are recommended, but about 95% of people don't wear them. No one will say anything if you choose to wear one or not.

Everything is cashless, so bring credit cards.

Reactions: Cappy76

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Howdy y'all, me again.

So I'll be going to the game this Sunday with some friends. I've been to Bridgestone several times but this will be my first time in the balcony. :oops: We'll be in section 331, about halfway up. Are the seats super steep up there?

Also, as escalators freak me out (thank you, stupid phobia), I'd like to find a convenient elevator nearby. I assume since it looks like that section is above the main entrance, it would be easy to find one?

My friends have never been to a game in person so I'm excited about this. It's probably been five years or so for me as well. Any other helpful hints or suggestions are welcome. Thanks 😊

Reactions: smithformeragent

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
The seats seem steep at first but I got used to them pretty quick.

There is one elevator in the concourse near Barrel House that goes to the 3rd floor. It's around section 110 I believe. There are others that stop on earlier floors, but that one goes all the way. You'll have a bit of a walk.

There is an elevator by the escalators in front but I think it's only for Lexus Lounge at that time.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I was passing through town on vacation and headed for home. No Game 6 like I had hoped. We stopped at Bar-B-Cutie on Donaldson. We came in at 5 PM and beat the rush. By the time we finished, the main dining area and the parking lot were filling up. I had a tender brisket sandwich and my wife had the roast beef with brown gravy meal. They were both very good. I saw some drive thru traffic and a couple of walk-ins.

How do the natives feel about it versus Jack's or other BBQ places around town?

Btw: We stopped at Rock City. I have wanted to go there since I went to the Smokies as a child. I saw a lot of See Rock City bumper stickers back in the day. Eating lunch near the clouds was a different experience for somebody used to flat terrain at 600 or 700 feet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adz

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I was passing through town on vacation and headed for home. No Game 6 like I had hoped. We stopped at Bar-B-Cutie on Donaldson. We came in at 5 PM and beat the rush. By the time we finished, the main dining area and the parking lot were filling up. I had a tender brisket sandwich and my wife had the roast beef with brown gravy meal. They were both very good. I saw some drive thru traffic and a couple of walk-ins.

Btw: We stopped at Rock City. I have wanted to go there since I went to the Smokies as a child. I saw a lot of See Rock City bumper stickers back in the day. Eating lunch near the clouds was a different experience for somebody used to flat terrain at 600 or 700 feet.
Donelson Pike is in my neck of the woods, close anyway. I like both Bar B Cutie and Jack's equally well, love Puckett's (probably my favorite), enjoy Whitt's. I always get pork, though. Once I find something I like it's really hard for me to try something different. Rock City is fun. We took the kids but probably haven't been there in 25 years or so.

Reactions: adsfan

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
What are you guys seeing for parking on Sat nights now? We park at one of those lots that is automated now (Metropolis) and have done this for at least a year now anytime we're heading downtown. Sat night's game popped a $35 charge which is way out of line with anything they've done in the past. Called it an "Event Rate" when I checked in on it.

Just trying to see if this is basically the new norm for downtown parking on a Saturday or if I just need to find a new lot.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

I like BBQ but only the original owner stores (Donelson and Nolensville Rd). Big drop off on the franchise stores.

My wife is friends with the owners, they treat their employees way better than most restaurants do.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017

Born in raised in Memphis so my BBQ standards are a little higher, but I am not a fan of Bar B Cutie. There's not much flavor to it IMO.

Best BBQ in town is Edley's or Martin's.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Born in raised in Memphis so my BBQ standards are a little higher, but I am not a fan of Bar B Cutie. There's not much flavor to it IMO.

I like both of those. Pegleg is awesome too though.

Looking forward to my annual visit to Central BBQ in Memphis next month. I know there is a franchise in Nashville now but Central is Memphis only for me.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

Edley's is my favorite but you're talking apple flavor versus real apples. Bar b cutie is fast food, Edley's isn't.
I'll say this too about Edley's, they also have my second favorite hot chicken sandwich, it's not as good as Prince's but it's better than Hattie B's.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Edley's is my favorite but you're talking apple flavor versus real apples. Bar b cutie is fast food, Edley's isn't.
I'll say this too about Edley's, they also have my second favorite hot chicken sandwich, it's not as good as Prince's but it's better than Hattie B's.

Glad to see someone else who appreciates the hot chicken at Edley’s.

Reactions: triggrman

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
What are you guys seeing for parking on Sat nights now? We park at one of those lots that is automated now (Metropolis) and have done this for at least a year now anytime we're heading downtown. Sat night's game popped a $35 charge which is way out of line with anything they've done in the past. Called it an "Event Rate" when I checked in on it.

Just trying to see if this is basically the new norm for downtown parking on a Saturday or if I just need to find a new lot.
STH for the Admirals can buy a parking package. It is $15 a night, I believe. Last Saturday, the "event" price was $30, usually it is $25 or even $20, but the garage is under new management and the Bucks have a lot of home games in a row since they made a goodwill trip to the Middle East. They can charge $100, but I am still paying $15 electronically with my phone passes. We should have 1 or 2 games left over for any playoffs.

In downtown Chicago, the usual rate is $20 for this first half hour. If you are there for 2 or 3 hours, you are paying $40 - $50 because it is $5 more for each additional 1/2 hour. If you pay online in advance at a garage, you can get away with as low as $16 on a Sunday afternoon as a flat fee, or $20 at another garage. I am sure that the event prices must be $50 or more. (I had a place in front of a dry cleaners where I could feed a meter if we were having deep dish pizza, which takes about 90 minutes. I could pay 75 cents.)

Once upon a time, my wife and I used to see shows at the Auditorium Theatre on the south side of the Loop. We used to eat at the Berghoff restaurant (they had their own beer brewed in Wisconsin 40 years ago) and you could get validated to park next door in a garage for the day. So we got to park for free, see a show across the street like Miss Saigon, and eat a very good meal before or after. I miss those days!

Try Lot D at Nissan Stadium! The parking is free. We rode the shuttle bus to the Preds game. If you have a ticket, it is also free. That is what we did last season when I met up with Adz and Mr Adz at the game.
We got to the Bridge about an hour before the game started and went to the gift shop.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN

I park at pinnacle for games.

You could try ticketmaster for a parking pass at pinnacle (electronic pass) or music city center (print out).

I have seen some stories on that Metropolis company on the news a couple of times, for shady crap with payments/billing. So that new charge may be a new norm, unfortunately.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I've been being charged $10 for parking at Pinnacle on a game by game basis through my STH account. No additional fee this year, something I appreciate. I used to have a season pass but I prefer having the option of not spending the $10 if I'm not going to that particular game.

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005
Hey Preds fans. In town for Titans Broncos and looking to snag tickets to Preds Rags. Looking for ticket advice - are there scalpers outside Bridgestone?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad