OT: Visiting Chicago - Come for the pizza, stay for the pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
2: Which seats do you recommend? Traveling from Europe I would like decent seats. Price?
You can get 200 Level seats, the best ones having sat in all of them IMO, for 75 USD on StubHub a couple days before the game, about 453 Norwegian krone. Sit either in goal or center ice seats, the corner seats have worse sightlines.

Max Denby

Jul 28, 2003
Oslo
Visit site
You can get 200 Level seats, the best ones having sat in all of them IMO, for 75 USD on StubHub a couple days before the game, about 453 Norwegian krone. Sit either in goal or center ice seats, the corner seats have worse sightlines.

Thanks for answering. I will try to buy tickets when they go on sale (would suck to travel all the way and not get tickets :) )
I will keep an eye on the blackhawks page, but if someone knows when the tickets go on sale, I would appreciate feedback.

Happy olympics :handclap:

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Thanks for answering. I will try to buy tickets when they go on sale (would suck to travel all the way and not get tickets :) )
I will keep an eye on the blackhawks page, but if someone knows when the tickets go on sale, I would appreciate feedback.

If you don't get tickets from the box office, Stubhub is always a good option.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

They actually just announced it today.

Tickets for the 2012-13 regular-season slate will go on sale at 10 a.m. on Monday, August 20. Chicago will kick off the campaign on Saturday, October 13, against the Columbus Blue Jackets at the United Center.

Max Denby

Jul 28, 2003
Oslo
Visit site
If you don't get tickets from the box office, Stubhub is always a good option.

Are these tickets usually more expensive? How much?

They actually just announced it today.

I assume I can order online? Do you know how fast tickets sell out?
Sorry for asking stupid questions, but I've never done this before.

Thanks for helping out guys, really appreciate it.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI

Depends on where you want to sit. There's a decent markup, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. Especially for games like Columbus.

I think I grabbed Edmonton tickets for $55 a piece last year in the 3rd deck.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

All depends on the situation. Sometimes you can snag some really good deals on gameday. People decide they can't make it, and offer them up on the cheap.

I assume I can order online? Do you know how fast tickets sell out?

They'll sell all the available single game tix in about an hour, 2 at the most. So get on the second they come out and see what you can grab.

TheStinger

Non Omnis Moriar
Mar 30, 2009
Barcelona, Catalunya
www.facebook.com
They'll sell all the available single game tix in about an hour, 2 at the most. So get on the second they come out and see what you can grab.

Damn, do they really go that quick? I am a Pens fan travelling from Australia (well, Europe at the moment, but I'm from Australia) and I want to go to the Pens - Hawks game in early November as I will be in town. When they go on sale on the 20th, are there tickets for every game available or are some premium games sold out already?

Thanks in advance.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
So I'm going to take my 4 year old into the city, what destination would people suggest...Shedd? Science and Industry? Field Muesem?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
So I'm going to take my 4 year old into the city, what destination would people suggest...Shedd? Science and Industry? Field Muesem?

Shedd would probably be the best. Any kid of any age can enjoy fish swimming in circles, not sure a 4 year old would enjoy the other 2.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Wife and I will be visiting your fine city for several days next week. Wife has been to Chicago before but it'll be a first for me. Can't wait!

If you are a bar fan, I will turn it over to the gentlemen over there. :laugh: This time of year there's not much to do tbh, especially with the lockout. Depends on what you're looking for, then we can give you a solid recommendation.

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan
If you are a bar fan, I will turn it over to the gentlemen over there. :laugh: This time of year there's not much to do tbh, especially with the lockout. Depends on what you're looking for, then we can give you a solid recommendation.

I welcome any restaurant/bar recommendations, that said we're trying to keep costs down so only really looking to spend 'more' on food once a day. So far the restaurants I've picked out to visit are: Giordano's, Smoque BBQ, brunch at The Gage.

Definitely going to visit The Merchandise Mart (Wife is an interior designer and have a contact to get us in), The Rookery, Art Institute, John Hancock Building, Shedd Aquarium, The Field Museum, etc.

Staying with good friends in the River Forest area, planning on buying a 3 day CTA pass to ride the El.

Getting really excited, have always wanted to see Chicago's architecture, history and more.

Hewy

Mar 2, 2011
Toronto
Not sure how often this thread gets looked at but thought I'd give it ago before making a thread of my own.

Been recovering from two surgeries on my back, thought I'd get myself a quality birthday present, so I've been Planning on coming down from Toronto from April 4th to 8th to catch the games vs. St. Louis and Nashville. I'd most likely come by myself, but would love to catch the game with some fellow Hawks fans, so more or less looking for someone or multiple to see either game with. Feel free to PM me

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Kind of a longshot, but seeing if there's a fit for a ticket swap. I have season tickets in Columbus. I have Club Level seats for the Chicago game on Jan 26th IN COLUMBUS.

I'm visiting Chicago on March 1st and looking for two seats to see the Blue Jackets play IN CHICAGO. Just throwing out there if someone was interested in roadtripping to Columbus on Jan 26th and might have a couple tickets to the March 1st game they'd be interested in a trade.

Depending on seats available in Chicago, I could throw in extra Club seats to game in Columbus to help offset differences in current market demand. In other words, I know 2 Club seats in Columbus aren't currently worth 2 Club seats in Chicago. But, I could offer four Club seats in Columbus for 2 good seats (not necessarily Club) in Chicago. Or, might be willing to go six Club seats in Columbus for 2 great seats in Chicago?

Otherwise, if someone is coming to Columbus for Jan 26th game and wants tickets or has a pair of tickets to March 1st game in Chicago (and not asking a huge markup), please PM me.

Slowbro

Feb 19, 2008
New Jersey
in chicago on business

looking to score some tickets for a good price, if available
even stubhub is a little pricey, i guess because of the short season

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
***Just posting in here for people coming to Chicago. I have season tickets, good seats, I sell some games, some still available, slowly running out. If you see this message, PM me and ask what is available during the time period you are here.***

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
Another longshot, but looking for 4 tickets to the Vancouver-Chicago game on Feb. 19th. We're all students, so we have a limited budget to be honest, but thought it's worth a shot.

PM me if you have anything and we'll see if it fits.

Thanks!

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC
Hey all, I'm visiting from DC and looking to get a pair in the 300s for 3/29 vs. Ducks.

Let me know if any of you guys have a pair. Looking less than $150/pair.

thanks,
cjc5103

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: