OT: Visiting Chicago 2 - All Pizza, All the Time

Conway96

Mar 28, 2010
Pizano's is one of my favorites, and my gf's. It's right off of Madison and Michigan Ave. by Millenium Park. Owned by the Malnati family, of Pizzeria Uno fame. Their thin crust is amazing, but their deep dish is great too. Otherwise, any Lou Malnati's, or you can hit Pequod's in the Lincoln Park area.

We'll be sure to check it out! I'll let you know how we like it. Thanks for the speedy reply!

In terms of traveling, is the metro pretty easy to get everywhere or do you think Uber would be a lot better? I don't really know much about the transportation of Chicago. Is it similar to New York?

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
It's nowhere near as good as NY. The trains basically only go to/from the Loop, and it's very hard to go in more than 1 direction - takes 2 busses to go northwest, for example.

I would Uber for the most part.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
Thank you so much for the feedback! I think we're going to be staying at the Warwick Allerton Hotel on the Magnificent Mile. We're currently looking into tours to book. We're definitely going to book the Pizza Walking Tour, the Crime and Mob Bus Tour, and the Architecture River Cruise. Are there any other "must dos" in Chicago that we should see?

Also, without having to go through hundreds and hundreds of posts, what are your go to pizza places for real deep dish? I've already told my wife that we'll be eating nothing but pizza this trip and she agreed!

You have a good wife. My wife would also be down with that.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Visiting Chicago? Bring money and an empty stomach!

Ha, we visit every year, and as I told my wife, if we lived in Chicago I'd weigh at least 100 lbs more than I do. Lou Malnotti's would reserve one of their tables for me - permanently.

Chicago is the best eating city on the face of the planet, and I've been to many places. Nothing comes close.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Yeah, there are certainly towns with "finer" places, but I could definitely see this being the greatest city to stuff your face in.

STC

Oct 29, 2012
Thank you so much for the feedback! I think we're going to be staying at the Warwick Allerton Hotel on the Magnificent Mile. We're currently looking into tours to book. We're definitely going to book the Pizza Walking Tour, the Crime and Mob Bus Tour, and the Architecture River Cruise. Are there any other "must dos" in Chicago that we should see?

Also, without having to go through hundreds and hundreds of posts, what are your go to pizza places for real deep dish? I've already told my wife that we'll be eating nothing but pizza this trip and she agreed!

Architeture boat tour is fantastic. I hear the mob bus tour is nothing special. Skip the pizza tour and just go to Lou Malnati's for your deep dish fix. No need to try a bunch of other inferior places.

noallegiance

Jun 19, 2007
Bear cave
I have a single ticket row 2 lexus club seat got on ticketmaster if anybody wants it for the bruins game in april. im visiting for the game and ended up having a friend come with so needed 2 tickets.

Conway96

Mar 28, 2010
Anyone have any idea for the schedule for round 1 of playoffs? Also, when do the Blackhawks usually release tickets to buy on their ticketmaster. Thanks!

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
The playoffs start on 4/12, a Wednesday, but the Bulls are home. So it'll either be Thu & Sat or Fri & Sun for games 1 and 2.

Won't go on sale until they clinch.

Conway96

Mar 28, 2010
The playoffs start on 4/12, a Wednesday, but the Bulls are home. So it'll either be Thu & Sat or Fri & Sun for games 1 and 2.

Won't go on sale until they clinch.

Awesome, thanks! Hopefully they clinch today! For those of you who have been to the Madhouse, do you have any recommendations on seats? Which section/row would you say is the best for the game?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
C'mon man, no lifters wear headphones. Get your head into what you're doing.

(still lifting, since 1974):)

This is true but I am going to use them for cardio. I am in the process of ordering a Pelaton (plus a road bike which I need recommendations for as well) and want something wireless. I am trying to drop weight so I will not be doing as much lifting.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
This is true but I am going to use them for cardio. I am in the process of ordering a Pelaton (plus a road bike which I need recommendations for as well) and want something wireless. I am trying to drop weight so I will not be doing as much lifting.

Cardio is much more effective using weights, you don't need a spin cycle. Increase volume and intensity, build muscle and cardio simultaneously. Just don't wear the headphones....please.:laugh:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Cardio is much more effective using weights, you don't need a spin cycle. Increase volume and intensity, build muscle and cardio simultaneously. Just don't wear the headphones....please.:laugh:

Not while I lift for sure.

I am only going to lift 2 days a week and cardio 3-4 days a week.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Not while I lift for sure.

I am only going to lift 2 days a week and cardio 3-4 days a week.

Why do people differentiate cardio from lifting?

Do you think lifting doesn't develop the cardio vascular system or is there another reason?

Serious question, always wondered why people make that distinction.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Do you think lifting doesn't develop the cardio vascular system or is there another reason?

In this situation, I am doing it because my daily plan separates it that way (obviously I have a cardio warm up everyday), 2 days with a focus on lifting, 2 days of bike/elipticle, and 1-2 days of swimming.

My plan could change if my shoulder does not handle swimming 2 days a week well.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U

I make the distinction between aerobic and anaerobic, which I think is what most people are thinking of. I'll work anaerobic cardio into lifting days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad