Recalled/Assigned: Vinnie Up (upd: down)

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I agree they need a wake up call that this effort is not acceptable.

I am not surprised because of the notes that have come out about then not wanting to play outside and Minnesota being in their typical Stanley Cup mode in February. Honestly we go **** kicked and it is time to move on. This game means no more than any other game and I personally think it means less (other than the two points you can get). The stage meant something to one team and nothing to another, oh well.

Playing outside sucks to be honest and the outdoor games (while big to the average fan) are just annoying at this point because the conditions erode the quality of the game.

Come on. The conditions were close to perfect. I feel pretty much the opposite when you say this game meant nothing to Hawks and you that you aren't worried? It's one thing to lose with some semblance of respectability but to be embarrassed like that in a Nationally televised game is something that should be worrisome to any Hawk fan. Yes Wild turned up the wick as expected but Hawks had no answer. Where's the pride?

Do yourself a favor and don't watch the replay of this game. It will look worse when you are sober.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Come on. The conditions were close to perfect. I feel pretty much the opposite when you say this game meant nothing to Hawks and you that you aren't worried? It's one thing to lose with some semblance of respectability but to be embarrassed like that in a Nationally televised game is something that should be worrisome to any Hawk fan. Yes Wild turned up the wick as expected but Hawks had no answer. Where's the pride?

Do yourself a favor and don't watch the replay of this game. It will look worse when you are sober.

The ice was sticky on Saturday (I was at ice level aka next to the glass for a bit) so the conditions being perfect is a huge stretch not to mention it started to snow (which is brutal to play in). The temps and cloud cover were good so I agree there.

You are actually worried? This team has done this for years. The Ranger's game was a national game and we played well and beat them but you didn't come out saying the opposite of what you are saying now even though it was the same situation. I would be worried if this happened for 3-4 games in a row but this is just one game that means little to the Hawks and that was clear. Why would this game mean anything more?

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Yeah, to me on the big stage a lot of our new guys didn't show up. So you wonder in the playoffs what the new guys will do (AA+72). We do look good with the main core is going off. They can carry the team. They do. THey will. But how far.

We have a LOT of passengers on this team. We don't get the consistent play when the 3rd or 4th line can score a few and win you a game etc. Line "2" has been winning a lot of games.

Now one game in Feb, who cares. It just seems like it is MORE than we would want. This teams floor is way lower than previous teams. We can really look bad.

Lastly, our D. Sved looks worse and Gus looked bad for 2 games but better when back in. TVR slowing down. We will be better in the PO's but boy, we have a 1 1 2 5 5 6 6 on D. Every team in the league wants a true top 4 D, we won't be getting one. We will live with getting a 1LW and see what that does to the F's

I want to see us with this lineup in PO's, that many have posted.

1LW-19-81
Party
65-24-TT
Desi-16-14

Mash and Sekac are scratches then. trade them. expendable cap.

2-7
4-52
TVR-Rosy
Sved

If we get to game 83 and can play that lineup, it will be a fun ride.

While we know it doesn't matter, I would like to win division to avoid a bigger matchup in rd 1. Amazing, if we did, Dal-Stl, one is out in first round. does that create a monster in one of them that they are like ok we can win rounds now and does it give them confidence they would not have in 1st round? In the end, top 3 in div, it doesn't matter where. I wouldn't mind either Dal or STL in first round.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The ice was sticky on Saturday (I was at ice level aka next to the glass for a bit) so the conditions being perfect is a huge stretch not to mention it started to snow (which is brutal to play in). The temps and cloud cover were good so I agree there.

You are actually worried? This team has done this for years. The Ranger's game was a national game and we played well and beat them but you didn't come out saying the opposite of what you are saying now even though it was the same situation. I would be worried if this happened for 3-4 games in a row but this is just one game that means little to the Hawks and that was clear. Why would this game mean anything more?

Yes.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Also, is 24 the replacement for 16? I mean 16 can't score and 24 can't score. So why resign 16 when 24 is the same, ok D, solid D, but ZERO offense. That would save some for next year.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010

Well strange but with Bobby on this one (that's a first). Of course we should be worried. Fla games, Mn, Carolina, some eggs have been laid. Q gives them time off to preclude this sort of thing. Worried yes, scared no.

We have more holes than we are used to, but thankfully no one seems really good this year. So we can eeek by again. Schwartz is a stud and REALLLY helps STL.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
We will disagree on this then (which is fine). I am not worried after a single game and I personally think you are placing too much importance/meaning on this game.

It is the inconsistent hockey that we have been seeing since before the All-Star break that has me concerned. Back then it was because they were tired. Now, the excuses need to end. Wild displayed the intense hockey that Hawks are likely to see until the Spring. To watch a well rested Hawk team lay down and take it with no fight back whatsoever is discouraging.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
We will disagree on this then (which is fine). I am not worried after a single game and I personally think you are placing too much importance/meaning on this game.

It's not just this one. Once ok. Twice tired. 3 times, really really tired. 4 times, worried now.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It is the inconsistent hockey that we have been seeing since before the All-Star break that has me concerned. Back then it was because they were tired. Now, the excuses need to end. Wild displayed the intense hockey that Hawks are likely to see until the Spring. To watch a well rested Hawk team lay down and take it with no fight back whatsoever is discouraging.

I get that. I just think what we saw is this teams mo for Feb.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
A lot of the new guys didn't show up? True..but if you thought the old vets on this team showed up like #2 and #7 and #19 and #88 (his one goal on a lucky shot does not erase his -2 and not desire to check in his own zone ) you are nuts...They All STUNK ...except Hammer who miraculously was a +1 in this debacle of a fiasco fubar ..newbies stunk just as much as vet leaders stunk...it was a stinker and no explanations excuse it...Except...what do you expect from tge Country Club Q runs..the blahs usually hit this team every January and February ...but it is later this season...February and probably most of March...Coasting into 4rd at the finish..We all know Q hardly cares as long as that switch is flipped on by playoffs..On a sense Country Club hockey is maddeningly disappointing g to Hawks fans that see this crap every year ..but it is always forgiven and forgotten when Q pulls miracles to flip the switch on and we actually see our talent exert and try for the 20+ games it takes to win the Cup ...This is why the Eric Haula's of this league go Wild on us (sorry I coukd not resist) abd we wonder why our bottom six cannot score big in games against some team (well we do know why...other teams do not lolligag in February till end of season)...Nobodies like Haula join the Legion of Hawks killers over the years who get into tge Hall OF Fame of arch nemesis guys we face...In their younger days it was Lee Stempniak...and Vern Fiddler that come out and star while our big guns lay eggs ...Or Tommy Wingers. ..Why these bottom liners manage to exert above and beyond against us and make our stars look silly is because they actually Exert against us..we no show looligagg against their teams and avoid work every shift ...the full 60...like it is a plague ...Going Q Country Club to the max...so we get embarrassed by these bottom liners in these big games. (Of the regular season)...The Master Country Clubbers, Q, does not believe in big games...till the playoffs. THIS IS WHY so many of us hate his relaxed tolerance for lazy cash your cheque play..but why he gets hailed as a genius when tge switch comes back to the non position at playoff time.Thus feed team or deep team...does not matter
...the Country Club blahs always hit us for about 6 weeks of meh and bad play either in Jan-Feb or in Feb-March ....do just expect it and live with it..as hard as it is to take ...ads hard as it is to understand how we can let such lesser talents show us up. ..ads if we have no pride...assess if we just do not care..assessed we do not care...until playoffs..Tge day we Also do not care on playoffs is tge day Q will get a shirt lease and wear out the welcome. .The hype machine cam turn quickly on you if you fail in playoffs ...But win 8n playoffs and the annual blah swoon are quickly forgotten and tge trumpets blare 9n how great the "dynasty" is.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
He had a few moments that I liked, but best case scenario he does need more seasoning if he's expected to spend all his time up here.

But hey, he got an outdoor game out of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad