Confirmed with Link: Viktor Stalberg to OTT for 2017 3rd round pick

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Please for the love of everything bring Stalberg and Pyatt back. Wouldn't mind Wingels too but it is a bit jammed at the moment.

PierresGabriels

Jan 13, 2010
Orleans
Agreed. Stalberg and Pyatt were really effective and helped stabilize Boucher's system. Bring them both back! I'd ideally give Pyatt 1 year and Stalberg 2.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Agreed. Stalberg and Pyatt were really effective and helped stabilize Boucher's system. Bring them both back! I'd ideally give Pyatt 1 year and Stalberg 2.

Agreed. Plus we should not be afraid to have 13/14 NHL forwards signed including White. Injuries are nearly inevitable. If we have real depth we will be so much better and it will be rare to actually have every single forward healthy. There are really not any great prospects in Belleville that are about to be NHL regulars.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I don't think we'll keep Stalberg. Too expensive for the bottom 6. I'm expecting Wingels, Stalberg, Neil and Kelly to be not with the team next year. We'll probably re-sign Pyatt if he's cheap.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Definitely someone I want to keep.

He had some injury troubles but was always a positive contributor.

I hope we can find a way to retain his services.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Given Pierre Dorion's sentiment about Pyatt/Condon being "replaceable" players, and the way the team has acted in the past with players like Condra, my guess would be that they'll bring back any of Pyatt/Wingels/Stalberg so long as they are willing to sign 1 year deals.

It wouldn't really make sense to spend the entire season accumulating these depth guys so that Boucher has a full four lines he can trust, and then go on to walk away from them in the summer if they are willing to take 1 year deals.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Stalberg had a team worst terrible -8 in the playoffs and didn't score in 35 straight games. He's good at forechecking without the puck but aside from that he seemed to hustle a lot and not get much accomplished. Like his energy but I'd prefer someone who can have more of a positive impact. Not a great defensive player and only see him as a 4th liner. His first 5 games were great but after that I always expected him to do something and he never delivered

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Stalberg had a team worst terrible -8 in the playoffs and didn't score in 35 straight games. He's good at forechecking without the puck but aside from that he seemed to hustle a lot and not get much accomplished. Like his energy but I'd prefer someone who can have more of a positive impact. Not a great defensive player and only see him as a 4th liner. His first 5 games were great but after that I always expected him to do something and he never delivered

Yeah. Hard to see him resigning for the money he's actually worth. I was a fan because he was good on the puck, especially when compared to many of our forwards who lose battles consistently, but he didn't chip in enough and in the play-offs he was worse and worse as they went along. He was as banged up as everyone else... but some gaffes, especially on the GWG in 2OT, left a bad taste when it was all said and done. I think he'll probably want too much money.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yeah. Hard to see him resigning for the money he's actually worth. I was a fan because he was good on the puck, especially when compared to many of our forwards who lose battles consistently, but he didn't chip in enough and in the play-offs he was worse and worse as they went along. He was as banged up as everyone else... but some gaffes, especially on the GWG in 2OT, left a bad taste when it was all said and done. I think he'll probably want too much money.

and/or term... He's probably looking for what could be his last contract... so I would guess minimum 3 years @ 2.5+

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Never pay >$1M for a bottom 6 guy in my opinion that's the max you should spend on Stalberg.

That depends on the player though.

JGP and Smith are bottom 6 guys.

For more generic bottom 6 guys like Wingels and Stalberg, then yes, that makes a bit more sense. I would also add that I wouldn't want to go longer than 2 yrs for that type of player too.

Laoghaire

Jun 1, 2008
Ottawa
That depends on the player though.

JGP and Smith are bottom 6 guys.

For more generic bottom 6 guys like Wingels and Stalberg, then yes, that makes a bit more sense. I would also add that I wouldn't want to go longer than 2 yrs for that type of player too.

SVea0TI.png

This is my "idealized" spending breakdown.

Any money you spend on the guys on the bottom starts to really hurt your top guys.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't think we'll keep Stalberg. Too expensive for the bottom 6. I'm expecting Wingels, Stalberg, Neil and Kelly to be not with the team next year. We'll probably re-sign Pyatt if he's cheap.

I agree with this.

Depends on Paul and White can make the team and turn into positive contributors.

I'm expecting that McCormick & maybe Paul to make the team next season & White & Chabot to be injury replacement call ups from Bellville.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
We spent 3rd rounder on Stalberg, so I expect Dorion to sign him. He's no the kind of GM that is a fan of pure rentals.

Wingels, on the other hand, is as good as gone.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
SVea0TI.png

This is my "idealized" spending breakdown.

Any money you spend on the guys on the bottom starts to really hurt your top guys.

I agree that Stalberg shouldn't get much more than a million per season, but this chart doesn't really work in the NHL- teams don't and can't operate like this. It's not a fantasy draft where you're picking your whole team at once. Players get new contracts at different times, there's a difference in what you pay UFAs and RFAs, and you'll have young players on entry level deals that come into top 6 roles. Under your chart, we'd either have to trade Brassard or Pageau since both deserve well more than 2 million per, but one has to play as the 3rd line centre.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I agree with this.

I'm expecting that McCormick & maybe Paul to make the team next season & White & Chabot to be injury replacement call ups from Bellville.

McCormick and Paul are probably never going to be NHLers. McCormick especially is no where remotely close.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I agree that Stalberg shouldn't get much more than a million per season, but this chart doesn't really work in the NHL- teams don't and can't operate like this. It's not a fantasy draft where you're picking your whole team at once. Players get new contracts at different times, there's a difference in what you pay UFAs and RFAs, and you'll have young players on entry level deals that come into top 6 roles. Under your chart, we'd either have to trade Brassard or Pageau since both deserve well more than 2 million per, but one has to play as the 3rd line centre.

Also.... teams are really about the top 9... not just the top 6. You need 3 very effective lines to be remotely competitive. You need guys like Pageau and Smith to make your "third line" the best line on the team 15-20 games a season. You need top PKers that are not on your scoring lines. You need a 3rd line to check particular top lines on opposing teams.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
We spent 3rd rounder on Stalberg, so I expect Dorion to sign him. He's no the kind of GM that is a fan of pure rentals.

Wingels, on the other hand, is as good as gone.

I dunno. I could see them choosing between Wingels and Neil as a 13/14 fwd at 800k or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad