Player Discussion Viktor StÃ¥lberg

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
Dude is diet Kreider.

That Gudas hit was filthy. Can't believe there's nothing from the league (yet) on that.

The league has shown time and time again that they are incapable of competently disciplining its players. I don't know why anyone's surprised.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
The league has shown time and time again that they are incapable of competently disciplining its players. I don't know why anyone's surprised.

It's the mind-boggling inconsistencies that piss me off.

Flip the script there, it's Kreider hitting Giroux. Then what?

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
It's the mind-boggling inconsistencies that piss me off.

Flip the script there, it's Kreider hitting Giroux. Then what?

Not to mention Gudas isn't exactly beloved as a clean player.

No suspension on this hit either. There was a warning IIRC, but seriously. Both of the hits are terrible. Direct shots to the head. :shakehead

Edit: not to say anything about the Lightning commentators whose reactions to the hit were summed up in saying "it's unusual for a veteran player to have his head down leaving the zone." Yikes.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Stalberg started out the season hot, but lately he hasn't been great. Wonder why.

I'd sit him and put Etem on the 3rd line. See what he can do.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Stalberg started out the season hot, but lately he hasn't been great. Wonder why.

I'd sit him and put Etem on the 3rd line. See what he can do.

Nothing to really wonder about. He's going to have good games/stretches and bad ones. Just like everyone else. If he started the season "hot" and remained hot the whole year then he'd be a better player than he actually is. He's a useful player and should be in the lineup pretty much every day.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Nothing to really wonder about. He's going to have good games/stretches and bad ones. Just like everyone else. If he started the season "hot" and remained hot the whole year then he'd be a better player than he actually is. He's a useful player and should be in the lineup pretty much every day.

The problem is that Stalberg has pretty much had more bad games than good games this season. Plus, he's a veteran player and has been dragging down his linemates, who are much more inexperienced, not what you want to see from a veteran. I'm not happy with his play at all. But, he's never really been able to show very much since he left Chicago 2+ seasons ago.

I think Hayes/Miller and Lindberg would be much better off with a more consistant linemate. I'm hoping Fast moves up and Etem slots into the 4th line tomorrow.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The third line in general has been pretty bad of late, but Stalberg has had some giveaways that led directly to goals. That one against Toronto was awful

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Not gona overreact here. That whole third line hasnt been great. It happens during the course of a season. Those three will bounce back.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Stalberg has been looking great the past few weeks. Depending on how he does in the playoffs, this looks to be an underrated signing by Gorton in the summer.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
Stalberg has been looking great the past few weeks. Depending on how he does in the playoffs, this looks to be an underrated signing by Gorton in the summer.

obviously the goal was sensational last night, but that was a rough penalty he took late in the third period. I think those are the things that drive AV crazy

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
obviously the goal was sensational last night, but that was a rough penalty he took late in the third period. I think those are the things that drive AV crazy

He's following perfectly in Poo's shoes. Would have great games and then take a penalty at the wrong time. I think he's been one of the best players out there for a month or so. Hopefully his speed gives other teams issues in the playoffs

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Would love to keep him and not continue randomly filling out our bottom 6. He's a good fit.

Imo the constant turnover of bottom six players and the unwillingness by management to address it in any meaningful way has hurt this teams SC runs.

Letting guys like Weise, Mitchell, Stempniak walk... no pursing or developing role players...

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Imo the constant turnover of bottom six players and the unwillingness by management to address it in any meaningful way has hurt this teams SC runs.

Letting guys like Weise, Mitchell, Stempniak walk... no pursing or developing role players...

our role players that we developed are either healthy scratches (Lindberg) or playing at way too high a line (Fasth).

#AV

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Way too much overreaction in this thread from earlier in the year. This guy has been great and has not slowed down even with us moving him around from line to line at times. He just keeps going. I dont care so much about the penalty last night because he doesnt take too many stupid one imo. He has been noticeable for over a month.

We need to re-sign this guy

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Way too much overreaction in this thread from earlier in the year. This guy has been great and has not slowed down even with us moving him around from line to line at times. He just keeps going. I dont care so much about the penalty last night because he doesnt take too many stupid one imo. He has been noticeable for over a month.

We need to re-sign this guy

Excellent post, I agree 100%!

*Bob Richards*

His play was noticeably weak when he was hobbled for that bit of time earlier in the season (as expected) but since he's been healthy I like what he brings.

His goal yesterday was generated off an excellent defensive play too. Love nifty little things like that.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
our role players that we developed are either healthy scratches (Lindberg) or playing at way too high a line (Fasth).

#AV

Lindberg's game has fallen off a cliff since the first month of the season, but don't let that little dose of reality get in the way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad