Videogame Thread #4 (PSN/Gamertags/Steam): A New Start

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Just picked up Gears of War: Ultimate Edition. Can't wait for the nostalgia.

A bunch of my friends got it and have been playing it a ton so I picked it up. I was never a big fan of Gears so I am terribad right now, I'm getting a bit better though. Is using the chainsaw generally frowned upon? We were doing private matches last night 4 on 4 and some of the guys were getting pretty mad lol.

BTW I've been looking to play some more Halo now that matchmaking isn't a travesty, so if anyone's interested in playing that with me lemme know. In general I'm much better in H2 Classic vs anything else but I can hold my own in all the other ones as well.

GT is P4LE PWNR
PSN is P4LE_PWNR

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
A bunch of my friends got it and have been playing it a ton so I picked it up. I was never a big fan of Gears so I am terribad right now, I'm getting a bit better though. Is using the chainsaw generally frowned upon? We were doing private matches last night 4 on 4 and some of the guys were getting pretty mad lol.

BTW I've been looking to play some more Halo now that matchmaking isn't a travesty, so if anyone's interested in playing that with me lemme know. In general I'm much better in H2 Classic vs anything else but I can hold my own in all the other ones as well.

When Gears first came out that is legitimately all I would do in Ranked matches, I did it as a troll pretty much, haha. It got people really mad. Out of my first 100 kills in Ranked Matches 98 were probably by chainsaw because I wanted the achievement.

The chainsaw is normally a stupid option when you're playing Gears as you're pretty much guaranteed to be killed if anyone else is around where you are chainsawing the guy. If it's the last guy and you can do it safely then it's a pretty big FU to the guy and I always enjoyed doing that.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
When Gears first came out that is legitimately all I would do in Ranked matches, I did it as a troll pretty much, haha. It got people really mad. Out of my first 100 kills in Ranked Matches 98 were probably by chainsaw because I wanted the achievement.

The chainsaw is normally a stupid option when you're playing Gears as you're pretty much guaranteed to be killed if anyone else is around where you are chainsawing the guy. If it's the last guy and you can do it safely then it's a pretty big FU to the guy and I always enjoyed doing that.

I got 3 guys in a row with it last night in one match, it was Elimination or whatever so no respawn and they all rushed I got the first one and the other 2 and two of my teammates were jumping around in circles with shotguns no one hitting eachother so I just ran up to the next two and chainsawed them all. :laugh:

They were so pissed off, like they normally are pretty good players and for the most part the whole night I got my ass kicked over and over so its not like it worked a lot but it was still funny.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
The nostalgia is real. Although I don't remember the map Sanctuary. Was that DLC?

In gear or halo? I never played gears enough to know :laugh: Idk any of the maps in that game. But Sanctuary in Halo was either original with Halo 2 or one of the first DLC packs.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Upon further playing, dammmmmmnnnnnnn is Bo3 gonna be a great game. Between that and Fallout 4 I'm gonna be one happy gamer this winter.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Ill be loggin on to ps3 to play nhl15 for a little bit my username is kevindank. I really only play two games, nhl15 and cod mw3. Im pretty bad in nhl15 cause all i do is run around and try to check people in online versus

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Just picked up MGSV on my way back to my office from court. Very tempted to just close the office and go home and play it.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I think i'm gonna re-purchase Destiny for PS4 when that Legendary edition comes out, bought it for PS3 initially. Had a ton of fun with that game last year.

I'll definitely be getting NHL 16 sometime this year, but it won't be on the first day. Not sure about Blops 3 yet. Fallout 4 will be a day 1 buy and i will be taking off from work that day. :)

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
How is MSGV? Would it be frowned upon to jump into that without ever playing any other MSG games? (sorry Solid Snake). I've been looking into some more storyline driven games, just started playing Shadow of Mordor, and MSGV looks a lot like Red Dead Redemption, my favorite game of all time

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
You will miss a lot of things from at least MGS3, Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes. And if you played those and this, it would make things from MGS1, 2 and 4 make more sense (hopefully).

santapore

Oct 11, 2010
nhl 16

Top 10 Centers:

1. Crosby 96
2. Toews 94
3. Stamkos 93
4. Datsyuk 93
5. Tavares 92
6. Malkin 92
7. Kopitar 92
8. Zetterberg 92
9. Getzlaf 91
10. Seguin 91

where is giroux...:/

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
nhl 16

Top 10 Centers:

1. Crosby 96
2. Toews 94
3. Stamkos 93
4. Datsyuk 93
5. Tavares 92
6. Malkin 92
7. Kopitar 92
8. Zetterberg 92
9. Getzlaf 91
10. Seguin 91

Zetterberg and Kopitar are a bit high, the rest I can't really argue with :dunno: Giroux should be at least a 92 though...and he will be 5 mins after I start the game :laugh:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
nhl 16

Top 10 Centers:

1. Crosby 96
2. Toews 94
3. Stamkos 93
4. Datsyuk 93
5. Tavares 92
6. Malkin 92
7. Kopitar 92
8. Zetterberg 92
9. Getzlaf 91
10. Seguin 91

I'd have to assume that Giroux is also a 91 and he just didn't get on to the list. I probably would have put him at a 92 and I'd drop Datsyuk down just because he's coming off an injury and is old as ****. Getzlaf I'd probably drop too, and Seguin I'd probably boost up a point. Everyone else pretty accurate I'd say. What I really want to see out of this game is more varied ratings. It seems like no one is under an 80 unless they are a rookie. There should be guys out there that are actually 60s and 70s like it was back in the older games.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
tbh i don't care what Giroux's rating is in relation to the other centers. they constantly change those rankings with updates anyway.

i am more interested in seeing what everyone on the Flyers' roster is ranked. i'll be more upset if Mason's rating isn't high enough.

santapore

Oct 11, 2010
tbh i don't care what Giroux's rating is in relation to the other centers. they constantly change those rankings with updates anyway.

i am more interested in seeing what everyone on the Flyers' roster is ranked. i'll be more upset if Mason's rating isn't high enough.

mason wasnt in top 10 goalie atleast. andersson was at 10th place with 89overall. so mason is less than that(last year 87).

Last edited:

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
How is MSGV? Would it be frowned upon to jump into that without ever playing any other MSG games? (sorry Solid Snake). I've been looking into some more storyline driven games, just started playing Shadow of Mordor, and MSGV looks a lot like Red Dead Redemption, my favorite game of all time

I did the same thing, never played any of the other ones...

And same on RDR, after that if I see you can ride a horse i'll at least glance at it.

Graphics are insane, but the game to this point feels like I play for 15 seconds, and watch a lot of CGI... play for 30 seconds and watch another cut scene. Rinse and repeat. Is the game always like this???

Also, wtf happened to my man's left hand?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad