Videogame Thread #4 (PSN/Gamertags/Steam): A New Start

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So the EASHL beta drops tomorrow for anyone with NHL 15 for PS4 and XBone. I have it for Xbox if anyone wants to put together a team for the week of the beta.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
For those who didn't pick up NHL 15, from what I understand you just need the game to download the Beta (through the game menu) and then you no longer need NHL 15, so you could buy a used copy and return it right after.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Anyone see this game "No Man's Sky" at E3? I just heard about it the other day and it looks insane.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Anyone see this game "No Man's Sky" at E3? I just heard about it the other day and it looks insane.

It's my most awaited for game on PS4 (Unless Red Dead 2 is legit). An MMO with randomly generated solar systems, so the game is literally infinitely huge. It looks beautiful, I can't wait much longer.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I can't do anything on my Xbox ever. Just checked my internet connection on there and I have a 0.10 mbps download speed. Meanwhile I have 67 on my computer via wifi.

leclair1088

Oct 27, 2011
I can't do anything on my Xbox ever. Just checked my internet connection on there and I have a 0.10 mbps download speed. Meanwhile I have 67 on my computer via wifi.

Wired connection is a must for Xbone, if you aren't already using it...

WhatIsTwoWayHockey

Jun 25, 2015
Tried to get on last night and apparently my gamertag was broke?

Had issues getting into a game. Reinstalled and everything, any help?

SnoCaps Perhaps

May 21, 2015

I think my friend had the same issue-- he tried logging on and his gamertag was blank or some nonsense, he ended up making a short term tag to play on since his main one was glitched somehow

WhatIsTwoWayHockey

Jun 25, 2015

Supposed to quote SnoCaps, but yes. Making a new tag (without spaces) seemed to have done the trick. If you have gold on another account on the one, it gives your free gold.

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
honestly, eashl isnt as fun without customizable players. the whole point was trying to level your guy up. you cant even change your height/weight now

JayRosehillMVP

snubbed again
May 28, 2012
Philadelphia
How's the new EASHL? I saw a little bit of play. Those new skater icons need to go asap.
honestly, eashl isnt as fun without customizable players. the whole point was trying to level your guy up. you cant even change your height/weight now

I guess the days of my 5'7" power forward are gone. Damn it.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Skating needs to be fixed. It's not "more realistic" to not be able to control your player. Right now the large games 4s 5s and 6s feel like little kid hockey. Big groups of players that are impossible to navigate and a bunch of bumbling idiots that can't settle down a puck more then just pushing it in the right direction. They took away so much control, in the skating and how you move your stick, and now you have just a giant mess on the ice.

JayRosehillMVP

snubbed again
May 28, 2012
Philadelphia
Skating needs to be fixed. It's not "more realistic" to not be able to control your player. Right now the large games 4s 5s and 6s feel like little kid hockey. Big groups of players that are impossible to navigate and a bunch of bumbling idiots that can't settle down a puck more then just pushing it in the right direction. They took away so much control, in the skating and how you move your stick, and now you have just a giant mess on the ice.

I'm nervous as hell for this game. Who thought it was a good idea to get rid of progression and customization? I highly doubt any sober EASHL player did. Their screwing over the people who live for club to cater to casual players.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I put in so many hours between 2009 and 2014 on NHL games it was basically the only game I played. EASHL was the only mode I played. I don't care about the player builds, or player customization, in fact I actually fully support it. It was annoying that every game there was 1 build that was overpowered compared to all the others and if you didn't use it you were at a disadvantage going into games. If it wasn't the Grinders in the later years, it was guys using PowerForwards that could do everything better then everyone in the middle years, and then prior to that it was guys using PowerForwards on Defense and Offensive D-men on the wings in the early years. So I get that. What I don't get is the game play. First off since when is hockey supposed to be played with "dead" boards? If the puck touches them now play is going in the opposite direction because your pass is not going to come even close to the guy you intended it to go to, which is particularly problematic in the defensive zone. Second, I thought it was bad in NHL 12 when they released the new skating engine and your guy fell when you tried to make too tight a turn so everyone was turning like a Boeing 747. You don't fall now, but if I could think of the absolute opposite word to "agile" that's how I would describe the skating in this years iteration of the game. I was worried about it in 15, and it appears it got even worse in 16. Finally, you have no control over the puck when you have the puck if there is a guy within 10 feet of you on the ice. If someone is actively defending you (it's hockey, unless you are playing the scrubbiest of the scrubs, you always have someone defending you) its just pure luck if you can get by them while maintaining possession. Instead of feeling like I'm playing with Giroux, or hell even Brayden Schenn, or John Scott, every guy on the ice might as well be an overweight beer leaguer in a 50+ league who just learned to skate a year and a half ago. If I wanted to do that I'd get my fat ass off the coach and go play hockey at the local park with 20 people on the same rink. This is ****ing garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad