Player Discussion Victor Olofsson (2014, 181st) – '18-19: Rochester #12 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sadly, the only period I will get to watch of this one (or any of the SHL games today for that matter) as real life has me out and about for some blood work and running errands. Bleh.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Those who’ve seen him play more than I have... how is his play in his own zone? Passable? Or will he need to be sheltered?

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Hey guys, do you know if the Sabres intend to sign him when his season is over for Frolunda? I was looking over the SHL stats and noticed he's leading the SHL in goals and his contract there is up at the end of this season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hey guys, do you know if the Sabres intend to sign him when his season is over for Frolunda? I was looking over the SHL stats and noticed he's leading the SHL in goals and his contract there is up at the end of this season.

Yep, they intend to sign him and he wants to come over.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I don’t know how his game will translate to the nhl, how he handles the smaller ice and more physical game.

I’ll say this though his shot is as good as Laines and also has explosive speed.

If he can handle NA ice he’s the perfect winger for today’s game... A Laine, Hoffman sniper

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
His draft rights expire this summer as does his contract with Frolunda. All the indications are that he wants to come over and they want him to come over.
Looks like they have their last regular season game today, then playoffs. Is ATO a possibility for Roch?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This is the perfect marriage of convenience if there ever was one. Adding as much depth as we can to have options.

Yep. I have to temper my expectations - it's not like leading the SHL in goals in the last half dozen years is a who's who of eventual NHL producers so that has to be taken into account. But they need guys who can finish in the system, be it Rochester or Buffalo, and his comments all point to him trying it next season. It would be great if he can get a bit stronger over the summer, come to camp and amount to something.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
And a goal! Nice answer after BIF had made it 3-2. He takes a feed from behind the net, and buries it at short range.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Is there a precedent at all for a European player to finish their season and join the AHL? I’m sure it’s unlikely. But he’d look nice for the Amerks in the playoffs.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Frölunda HC‏ @frolunda_hc -
MÅÅÅÅL! Only 27 seconds later, however, we respond with 4-2. Victor Olofsson gets free in the castle and puts a direct shot behind the Rautio.

Olofssons 26:e mål för säsongen assisteras av Rasmus Dahlin (13) och Adam Almquist (21).
Olofsson's 26th goal for the season is assisted by Rasmus Dahlin (13) and Adam Jas (21).

MÅÅÅÅÅL! Shooting League king Victor Olofsson strikes again and puts 8-3 with 15:23 played by the third period.

Frölunda HC‏@frolunda_hc -
Olofssons 27:e mål för säsongen assisteras av Jan Muršak (10) och Mattias Nørstebø (5).

Frölunda HC‏@frolunda_hc -
VINST! Det här var ett kul sätt att avsluta grundserien på.
Hela fem mål i den tredje perioden och vi besegrar Brynäs IF med hela 8-3.
#framåttillsammans HÄRNÄST: Kvartsfinal mot IF Malmö Redhawks!
Profit! This was a fun way to finish the season.
All five goals in the third period and we defeat the AIK IF with a full 8-3.
#framåttillsammans Next: Quarterfinals against IF Malmö Redhawks!

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Yes, we know. And he had another and ends with 27.

Sorry about that. I've since deleted that tweet and since we can't delete posts on here - I've replaced it with the tweets by Frolunda on his two goals.

Congratulations, we say to Victor Olofsson-who wins the SHL :s shooting league 2017/18 with 27 full hits.
Great fun, Victor! #framåttillsammans

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad