Speculation: Victor Hedman's next contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
This is HF Letang karma.

I hope Pens' fans are gloating tonight so we can get some karma too.

Seriously, so tired of Lightning 'fans' clowning around the main boards.

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 = 0
16 = 1

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Shooting the puck the length of the ice over the glass should knock a cool million of his contract.

Tarasenko scoring two (meaningless) goals 2 minutes before getting eliminated should knock a healthy 0.75M/year off of Kucherov's next contract. The 'playoff gap' just got a little bit narrower, making the regular season gap proportionally larger. :naughty:

I would love to see Hedman at 7.5.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Tarasenko scoring two (meaningless) goals 2 minutes before getting eliminated should knock a healthy 0.75M/year off of Kucherov's next contract. The 'playoff gap' just got a little bit narrower, making the regular season gap proportionally larger. :naughty:

Hey, while we're making wishes... I want a time machine.

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary

I could see that, he took a pretty cheap deal at 4M pers.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hock...-extension-will-happen-with-lightning/2283104
Lightning fans worrying that D Victor Hedman's contract talks will drag out as long as C Steven Stamkos' might be reassured.

"I would be shocked if this would go for the whole year," Hedman's agent, Peter Wallen, said.

Hedman, 25, the team's top defenseman, has one more year left on his current contract at a $4.25 million salary cap hit. The Lightning can sign him to an extension as early as July 1, one year from unrestricted free agency.

While no talks between the team and Hedman have begun, Wallen said they will be patient, knowing GM Steve Yzerman has a lot of other things to work on, including Stamkos, who was able to start talking to other teams at midnight Friday and will be an unrestricted free agent July 1.

"When (the Lightning) is ready to talk, we'll be here," Wallen said.

The market seems to be getting set high for defensemen with Keith Yandle signing a seven-year, $44.5 million deal ($6.35 million annual average) with the Panthers, who are also reportedly discussing an eight-year, $60 million extension for Aaron Ekblad.

But Wallen said Hedman's priority is winning a Stanley Cup with the Lightning. And while no negotiation can be easily predicted, Wallen is optimistic the sides can get something done.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012

It only lasted 24 hours until somebody set off another dooms day clock. Get it done SFY!

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I like "Hedmageddon" better.

But can we please get Kucherov done first? With our cap problems, it feels like we're a little vulnerable at the moment.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I like "Hedmageddon" better.

But can we please get Kucherov done first? With our cap problems, it feels like we're a little vulnerable at the moment.

And so hedmageddon begins any prediction date when his next contract gets done ?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Fingers are crossed for a nice round number like $62 million over 8 years. That would come out to $7.75 million per season making him the 3rd highest paid player at his position behind only Weber and Subban. He's certainly worth more but that would continue to set a nice trend within the organization of getting a hefty payday but not breaking our back to do it.

I could just be overly optimistic but I have a gut feeling this is going to happen very soon, by like July 2nd soon.

Znith

Aug 16, 2012
Fingers are crossed for a nice round number like $62 million over 8 years. That would come out to $7.75 million per season making him the 3rd highest paid player at his position behind only Weber and Subban. He's certainly worth more but that would continue to set a nice trend within the organization of getting a hefty payday but not breaking our back to do it.

I could just be overly optimistic but I have a gut feeling this is going to happen very soon, by like July 2nd soon.

If you get something in that range, with his salary going up by ~$4m next year, makes it very easy to keep the core together for Tampa.
Garrison and Fillpula come off the year after, that is $9m right there, you might have to do a trade of one of those + asset but shouldn't be too hard. Or a straight up buyout on one.

a Fillpula buyout next year would be $1.6 x 2 years
Garrison would be $2.9 1 year, .83 the next

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Here's to me thinking he signs for $6.5m since we did give him a 'bonus' over the typical entry level contract.

Man would that be nice... 6.5x8 for 52

That would putting it all on red 5 times in a row and winning every roll.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
McKenzie, who's usually the most carefully guy with his choice of words, is making me think the Hedman deal might already be close. He mentioned on radio today that he wouldn't be surprised if it's done in a few days or a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad