Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
EVERYONE IS REPLACEABLE PERIOD AINEC

Bishop 7.5 i get rid of hedman over 8.5 i make a move for younger guy period

every day of week. Just my thought process on free agents ufa's etc..

I love hedman but would get a younger version if he wanted 10 heed be gone fast

yet i wouldnt give datsyuk or kucherov 10 if were not hitting 100 points

if hedman has a 82 point year? I would pay him the 10 no problem.

Reason im ok resigning stamkos at 10 range is i absolutely feel he will hit the highest point in his career ahead of us and with right linemates he will break 100 just my two cents

hedman best year is 50 some points thats not a 9 million dollar d man

You do understand hedman is a once in 20 year defenseman that a team lands ? Look at the redwings still looking for a lidstrom replacement! No way the Lightning can replace hedman yzerman is going to sign him!

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
You do understand hedman is a once in 20 year defenseman that a team lands ? Look at the redwings still looking for a lidstrom replacement! No way the Lightning can replace hedman yzerman is going to sign him!

It was a good #2 pick, not all turn out this good. Besides, it might be a long time for another round one top pick for you. These kind of players don't come around easily if not for an occasional rental.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If we didn't have Hedman Stamkos would be re-signed. But guys like Hedman are rare. You don't mess around, you sign him has soon as you can. Hopefully they lock him up this summer.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Lol if
You were Toronto would you rather pay Stamkos 10 per year or hedman 10 per year!

id sign stamkos has a higher level im unsure if hedman does cause he shows the glimpse but not the highest level im hoping for

do not compare hedman with argue wise a top four all time defender in the history of hockey AINEC thats going wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to far he is argue wise in top ten of league so is stamkos for what he does argue wise this is the second season of hedman hitting that top 10 honestly how many times was stamkos there ?

d is a higher requirement because we lucked out on certain players yet stamkos for what he has done gets absolutely NO RESPECT at times by you and this fan base.

Ya I think it very unlikely hedman hits FA but if he did what would Toronto be willing to offer him ?

doesnt matter he will be a bolt but any pay above 8.5 is too much and that is todays market. He has done great for last two years but he really should be better in scoring. The lack or inconsistency of power play for him really lowers his numbers.

At one point last year I thought he would rival karlsson in points well he hasnt

is no poll that doughty doesnt beat hedman besides our fan base etc..

You have to draw lines in sand at contracts period. Hedmans is 8.5 below subban

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Look at how much he's meant to us in the postseason and how difficult (read:impossible) he would be to replace. Sure, in a vacuum his value may be $8.5M, but if he wanted $9M I'd give it to him because players like Hedman just don't grow on trees.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Not pay Hedman to keep Stamkos...some people have lost their minds. Hedman is number one priority by far ... he hasn't even reached his ceiling yet. Hedman vs Stamkos ... Stamkos would get owned much like anyone Hedman faces. Hedman is both a shutdown defender and an offensive catalyst ... there is like two maybe three in that category in the entire league today and none are his size nor as young.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
If we didn't have Hedman Stamkos would be re-signed. But guys like Hedman are rare. You don't mess around, you sign him has soon as you can. Hopefully they lock him up this summer.

Ya and mark my words yzerman knows hedman is top priority over Stamkos or any other player on our roster!

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
I'd really like it to be 8.25M. will be a big jump but in years 4-8 it will be relatively cheap.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
id sign stamkos has a higher level im unsure if hedman does cause he shows the glimpse but not the highest level im hoping for

do not compare hedman with argue wise a top four all time defender in the history of hockey AINEC thats going wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to far he is argue wise in top ten of league so is stamkos for what he does argue wise this is the second season of hedman hitting that top 10 honestly how many times was stamkos there ?

d is a higher requirement because we lucked out on certain players yet stamkos for what he has done gets absolutely NO RESPECT at times by you and this fan base.

doesnt matter he will be a bolt but any pay above 8.5 is too much and that is todays market. He has done great for last two years but he really should be better in scoring. The lack or inconsistency of power play for him really lowers his numbers.

At one point last year I thought he would rival karlsson in points well he hasnt

is no poll that doughty doesnt beat hedman besides our fan base etc..

You have to draw lines in sand at contracts period. Hedmans is 8.5 below subban

You've officially lost your mind.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Man Robert is just killing it right now. First time in a long time that I've agreed with almost everything he has said. Particularly about an $8.5 million AAV. I mean you pretty much have to give it to him if that's what he's asking for but when the likes of Doughty, Karlsson, Weber, Burns etc are all signed to smaller deals and produce more than Hedman it's not a fair deal for the Lightning to be paying that much. Someday that might be a bargain but that's not gonna help us right now.

No matter what, I know Hedman is gonna sign a deal and stick around and go down as the finest defenseman in franchise history.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Man Robert is just killing it right now. First time in a long time that I've agreed with almost everything he has said. Particularly about an $8.5 million AAV. I mean you pretty much have to give it to him if that's what he's asking for but when the likes of Doughty, Karlsson, Weber, Burns etc are all signed to smaller deals and produce more than Hedman it's not a fair deal for the Lightning to be paying that much. Someday that might be a bargain but that's not gonna help us right now.

No matter what, I know Hedman is gonna sign a deal and stick around and go down as the finest defenseman in franchise history.

You do realize he's a defenseman and not a forward? Points aren't everything, he's much better defensively than Karlsson and Burns. This is also like the first time in 4 years that Doughty had a higher ppg than him. Weber is slowing down considerably as well. Hedman is worth Subban money as he's better all around than him.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
latest

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Who the hell cares if Hedman costs you 1.5m more than the ideal number, THERE'S NO REPLACEMENT for him, now or in the near future.

K sure he might "only" be worth 8-9m but he has all the leverage here, if he demands 10, Yzerman will give him 10 but I'm sure the number will be lower.

Either way, we're in no position to say "no" to Hedman.

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
tampa has to do like detroit they set the bar with lidstrom at 7.75 they said this is the bar it doesnt go higher and it cost them hossa hudler and others not flipper cause that was a coach player thing

tampa has to draw that same line in the sand too many superstars with/without stamkos

we cannot keep giving them that extra million why if hedman is high i want that bar at 8.5 is just business is he or could he be worth more? sure so is kucherov drouin and probably others

but has to be a balance. why want kucherov at 6 million not 6.5 where now he looks good at 7 smdh

has to be some good faith if guys want out to get paid its a price of business

certain spots players are harder to let go ie goalie d man etc..

so get the differing views just hoping stevie sticks to guns and guys do the right things so we can keep this together a long time:)

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
tampa has to do like detroit they set the bar with lidstrom at 7.75 they said this is the bar it doesnt go higher and it cost them hossa hudler and others not flipper cause that was a coach player thing

tampa has to draw that same line in the sand too many superstars with/without stamkos

we cannot keep giving them that extra million why if hedman is high i want that bar at 8.5 is just business is he or could he be worth more? sure so is kucherov drouin and probably others

but has to be a balance. why want kucherov at 6 million not 6.5 where now he looks good at 7 smdh

has to be some good faith if guys want out to get paid its a price of business

certain spots players are harder to let go ie goalie d man etc..

so get the differing views just hoping stevie sticks to guns and guys do the right things so we can keep this together a long time:)
Well that number they offered Stamkos was
Never accepted so it was not good enough for him. Let's hope hedman takes 8.5 per year.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
As a fan of Ottawa, I would seriously offer you Karlsson straight up for Hedman.

He's just a beast.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Absolutely pathetic game tonight from Hedman, -4 and the other goal was caused by him putting the team on a 5 on 3 kill.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This is HF Letang karma.

I hope Pens' fans are gloating tonight so we can get some karma too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad