Speculation: Victor Hedman's next contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The "C" should go the player who has the biggest influence on other players on and off the ice, and not just automatically going to the best player on the team. So really it's Palat or Cally, imo. Hedman is a great, Elite top D in the league but is he a good leader and whatnot?

But, I think Stamkos will be staying. Something about his play as of late indicates he wants to stay and get a deal done. So we shall see.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Would you sign Hedman to a $10.5 million/8 year contract?

If he wins the Norris and a cup this year or next I'd give him 9.5. No Allstar appearances yet! No Norris trophys yet and no cups yet he won't get 10.5. Who is the highest paid d man subban? But he has a Norris trophy.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If he were to choose to hold us over that barrel, refusing to budge, we might have to give in. We can't replace him. Not by a single player, not by committee. Defensemen might not get paid like forwards (yet), but the good ones are far more valuable. He'd have to stick to an astronomical number in order for us to close the door completely.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
If he were to choose to hold us over that barrel, refusing to budge, we might have to give in. We can't replace him. Not by a single player, not by committee. Defensemen might not get paid like forwards (yet), but the good ones are far more valuable. He'd have to stick to an astronomical number in order for us to close the door completely.
If Stamkos does not get signed no reason we can't make him the highest paid defenseman in the nhl

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I just think we wouldn't be doing our job if we didn't negotiate down from that at all. He is great and a very important player, but you can't just hand guys blank checks. There's plenty of things missing from his resume that can be used as ammunition to knock the asking price down a bit.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I just think we wouldn't be doing our job if we didn't negotiate down from that at all. He is great and a very important player, but you can't just hand guys blank checks. There's plenty of things missing from his resume that can be used as ammunition to knock the asking price down a bit.
I think we pay him 8.5 per year for 8 years and I'm fine with that with no state taxes that beats pk subban deal! If we have to give hedman 9 per year so be it just get it done.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Stamkos seems like a pride full guy and I'm sure when yzerman brought these points up to the Stamkos camp ? Did it affend Stamkos ?

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
I see Hedman signing for 7.5yr/8yrs

Why?

Yzerman didn't screw him on his bridge contract like 99% of the defenseman in the league.

Most get 2.0 - 2.5/year after their rookie deal, whereas he's at 4.5/year.

Really, really wouldn't be surprised if a backroom deal was struck or just an understanding was made that you get this now in exchange for taking a little less later on.

Hedman doesn't want to leave, he's expressed that plenty of times.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
I think he'll out earn even Stamkos if he decides to go to July 1st (2017). Definitely something TB needs to get on top of ASAP.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Agreed. Should be a lot easier to sign since there will be far less dithering over how much he's really worth.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
$7.75M/year for 8 years.

Years 1-3 are steep (but worth it) and years 4-8 are bargains.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Hedman has one year left on his deal what are we looking a cap wise to sign him. Do you think he gets subban money 9 per year for 8 years ? As a Lightning fan what's the most you would pay him if you are yzerman?

Yeah i think Victor will easily get a 8 year $72 million deal, Most likely this summer. Pretty sure that Yzerman will look to get both Hedman and Kucherov locked up as soon as possible.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'd bet a drink of anyone's choice here that Hedman gets no less than 8 years and $60 million. Hopefully he's like all the other stars of the game and wants to match his salary with his jersey number. $7.7 million AAV will make him the 2nd highest paid defenseman in the NHL behind Subban, who has already won a Norris.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Pretty sure that Yzerman will look to get both Hedman and Kucherov locked up as soon as possible.

That would be the smart move. Those two are the most irreplaceable players on the team; get them locked up longterm and then the picture becomes clearer as to what can be done with the other guys who will be needing raises/extensions.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Would you sign Hedman to a $10.5 million/8 year contract?

EVERYONE IS REPLACEABLE PERIOD AINEC

Bishop 7.5 i get rid of hedman over 8.5 i make a move for younger guy period

every day of week. Just my thought process on free agents ufa's etc..

I love hedman but would get a younger version if he wanted 10 heed be gone fast

yet i wouldnt give datsyuk or kucherov 10 if were not hitting 100 points

if hedman has a 82 point year? I would pay him the 10 no problem.

Reason im ok resigning stamkos at 10 range is i absolutely feel he will hit the highest point in his career ahead of us and with right linemates he will break 100 just my two cents

hedman best year is 50 some points thats not a 9 million dollar d man

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'd bet a drink of anyone's choice here that Hedman gets no less than 8 years and $60 million. Hopefully he's like all the other stars of the game and wants to match his salary with his jersey number. $7.7 million AAV will make him the 2nd highest paid defenseman in the NHL behind Subban, who has already won a Norris.

Not exactly a bold number there...:laugh:

and Weber's caphit is $7.8m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad