Confirmed Trade: [VGK/SJS] Adin Hill for 2024 4th-round

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I had a good laugh, thinking it might have been a deadpan joke on Vegas' ruthless management style.
All I was focused on while on my phone was that Vegas owes my Ducks a pick for that trade mishap last year, and how I would be ok with this 4rth round pick from this Adin Hill trade... lol. They just got the cup so they should donate that pick as a good will gesture to this years worst team.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
It's a history that shows maybe SJ scouts or their goalie coach are making wrong decisions. The GM probably does get input from scouts and the goalie coach before trading a goalie.
You missed the point. There’s no “history”.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Why are people clowning the sharks?

Winning the Stanley cup doesn’t mean that Hill can be a good starter over a full 82 game season.

If anything, this just reinforces that no team is going to overpay for a goalie when someone like Hill is good enough to win the cup.

Like who is going to pay premium assets to acquire Saros when your team is better off spending those assets to improve your F+D.

The NHL is a copycat league so I wouldn’t be surprised to see more teams seeking out cheaper options since goalies are often a crapshoot in the playoffs.
Basically this.

Anyone who’s watched the Knights for 3 seasons or more knows why Adin Hill worked. VGK is better with a bigger goalie in net.

Not every team will have the system or players to maximize a netminder’s quality.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I’d do this trade again as a Sharks fan quite easily. Hill was garbage with us and I had a ton of faith in him. Good for him that he won the cup but to say that this is a bad trade for SJ is weird.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
I’d do this trade again as a Sharks fan quite easily. Hill was garbage with us and I had a ton of faith in him. Good for him that he won the cup but to say that this is a bad trade for SJ is weird.
It is a bad trade. Hill turned out to be a clutch goalie under a adequate defence.

But then again some people say hindsight is 20/20

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It is a bad trade. Hill turned out to be a clutch goalie under a adequate defence.

I mean it wasn’t a bad trade because he wasn’t that in SJ. SJ got rid of a flawed goalie that was pencilled in to be the third string goalie for a pick. Good for him that it worked out.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Well they Got Thompson locked up cheap for 2 more season.
Salary constraints would seem to make him 1 of 2 tenders.

Interesting part is do the keep Hill or Broisoit?
Seems like a team would be offering something for the rights to whoever they are not keeping ASAP to try to lock that tender up pre draft

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I liked him when he played with the Coyotes and didn't like that we had to trade him before the expansion draft. The Coyotes did well getting a 2nd considering that most teams couldn't acquire and then protect a backup goalie before the expansion draft.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Considering the timing of the trade it seems like Hill was probably available all summer with no takers. This was what, a week before training camp?

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Why was it a bad move? Dude was a non-factor until game like 95. The knights had no intention of him sniffing game action until they had no choice.
I wouldn't say a non factor until then, but he definitely up his game in the playoffs. But he was the back up behind LT, Brossoit came back from injury and played in the minors and then all our goalies got inured and when they came back they got injured again sometimes that very game. Hill was just coming back from injury and Brossoit was playing well at the seasons end, Brossoit gets hurt round 2 and Hill comes back on a tear. So he wasn't complete nothing burger, but fortunate the goalie injury carrousel ended on Brossoit :laugh:

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Why was it a bad move? Dude was a non-factor until game like 95. The knights had no intention of him sniffing game action until they had no choice.
Not true at all. He was their backup the entire year. Brossoit only started playoffs cuz hill was injured for over a month leading into it while brossoit ended season on a heater. Brossoit was the one waived and sent to the minors. Not hill

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
How overpaid is Hill gonna become ? He's not gonna be worth the contract like Niemi after winning cup with Chicago and Binnington after winning cup with STL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad