Confirmed Trade: [VGK/SJS] Adin Hill for 2024 4th-round

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
lmao nice asset management by the sharks

hill seems like a good person, but a bad goalie since his injury. mature me hopes he turns his career around. But, if I'm being honest, I hope he turns it around just as much to help vegas to finish 1 spot out of the playoffs again.

Reactions: Guess

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
AZ fan here, fmr goalie I've seen him live a bunch of times.

Adin Hill is bad. He's tall and extremely athletic, but his fundamental angles are off. Before Hill have literally never seen a goalie make the NHL (or even a good college program) without understanding basic angles / positioning, yet here is Adin Hill with stats that are somehow within band.

Obvi I hope I am wrong / Hill does well but I was happy we traded him for a 2nd to SJ (looks like he's only worth a 4th now). Either way imo Adin Hill is not the answer for Vegas (weirdly enough Domingue was also a fmr Coyote, imo he's not the answer either). Too bad MAF is gone, lotsa pressure on Thompson let's see what he can do this season

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
It would be sort of funny if not having good goaltending tanked them and they ended up getting 1st OA and took Bedard.

*throws away the entire farm to stay in the cup hunt*

*A wild Bedard has appeared!*

Yoink!

It would really cement Vegas as the most hated team among hockey fans. :naughty:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
AZ fan here, fmr goalie I've seen him live a bunch of times.

Adin Hill is bad. He's tall and extremely athletic, but his fundamental angles are off. Before Hill have literally never seen a goalie make the NHL (or even a good college program) without understanding basic angles / positioning, yet here is Adin Hill with stats that are somehow within band.

Obvi I hope I am wrong / Hill does well but I was happy we traded him for a 2nd to SJ (looks like he's only worth a 4th now). Either way imo Adin Hill is not the answer for Vegas (weirdly enough Domingue was also a fmr Coyote, imo he's not the answer either). Too bad MAF is gone, lotsa pressure on Thompson let's see what he can do this season

So you started watching hockey after 2014?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Fair deal. It’s not a bad move for Vegas with their injury situation and he’s of no use to the Sharks so they get a middling pick for a guy they don’t need.

I suspect it is still Thompson’s net to lose but it gives Vegas another option to start the year.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Wasn't he a big shot prospect a few years ago?

His final two seasons in Arizona were very good ones, stat wise. The issue was games played, where he played a total of 32 games. Things didn't really work out well in San Jose, however it's not like the Sharks were anything to write home about... the only teams they managed to out score was the Coyotes (7g) and Philly (3g).

LV needed someone and Hill has some potential to step in as a low cost option and hopefully allow them to win some games. I wouldn't bank on him being a legit #1, but he fits their cap situation and is cheap enough that once Lehner comes back (if he comes back this year) that he doesn't murder their cap situation. And it's hard to complain about the cost (a 4th). He's also only 26 and should likely still get a bit better. Hopefully with a better team in front of him and no real option behind him he can step up and things can go a bit better then they did in SJ. I know my keeper fantasy team won't complain if that's the case.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Can’t believe Vegas paid significantly less for Hill from the Sharks than the Avs did for Georgiev from the Rangers. Even excluding value, he traded Hill below market value to his rival in dire need of an NHL caliber goalie

Reactions: Grantham

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad