Confirmed Trade: [VGK/DET] Tomas Tatar for 2018 1st round, 2019 2nd round, 2021 3rd round

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
I love this for Vegas. The picks are all in different years so it won't leave the prospect cupboard bare. They don't lose ANY of their prospects from last year either. This isn't a rental people. Tattar is a good player with term. As for Detroit this is a good haul for them too so they can rebuild.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Way too early for Vegas to start buying.

No 1st rounder, just 1 pick in the 1st 3 rounds this year.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Vegas has six 2nd rounders in the next three drafts.

The 1st is basically what was two drafts ago, a 2nd round pick...or 1-2 picks off that.

A third is a third. Can’t remember that analysis I saw, but it’s like 10% chance of being a NHL’er?

Tatar isn’t a rental, so I’m okay with that price. I think he’s a very good fit for the Knights roster. Basically it was Leipsic out, and Tatar in. Tuch has been on an island on the 3rd line trying to score by himself.

Something that was also mentioned, Tatar hedges against Perron and / or Neal leaving the team this summer.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Man people around here are silly, he's not a rental and its and extremely late 1st rounder, people need to stop acting like all 1st round picks are super valuable.

Could be a extremely late 1st rounder. Or they could get bounced in the first round making it a not so extremely late 1st rounder.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
I would have rather traded Nyquist but this is a very decent haul for him and we get rid of cap space too!

Just sucks that Holland might actually stick around now.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Could be a extremely late 1st rounder. Or they could get bounced in the first round making it a not so extremely late 1st rounder.

I can't remember how the pick order works. Do the first two rounds effect pick order or is it just the Conference Finals and Finals where playoffs matter?

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
A big Vegas gamble. Seems in character with the town anyway,

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Would have liked to give up just a 1st and 3rd, but I can see why they did this. We have about as easy a path to the Conference Finals as you can get. May as well roll the dice.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
That's not how it works, the 4 teams making the conference final get the last 4 picks, the rest are deteremined by regular season standings, if Vegas finishes top 3 in the regular season then at best we get the 25th pick.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Vegas had the ammo but it's a slight overpayment. Despite the picks being in later years.

The picks being in later years is actually a bigger issue... When you're at the top of the league the best you can do is stay even next year. Likely that 2nd is a better pick next year than it is this year.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Man people around here are silly, he's not a rental and its and extremely late 1st rounder, people need to stop acting like all 1st round picks are super valuable.
The "extremely" high pick could be as high as 16th (though probably not).
If you draft well, all 1sts and 2nds are valuable. Ask e.g. Tampa.
And I'm talking about value, not rental or long-term.

But okay, I accept 3rd worst after Nash and Hartman.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Basically just gotta cheer for Vegas to lose every game until the playoffs. Can't see them dropping below 6th though even if they go on a bad run...

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg
Fleeced. If Vegas wanted Tatar as a roster player and not a quote on quote rental he could have probably just got him for cheaper months ago

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
Tatar is gonna be good in Vegas. Can't say I'm upset though, things haven't worked out for him under Blash the last few years.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
The staggered nature of the picks makes it a pretty good trade - both ways.
Tatar is a fun talented player to watch... and the deferred payment plan doesn't hurt Vegas much at all considering they'll have Tatar on the roster thru the rest of his prime... And Det get draft pick chips to play as they shed $ and look to retool...

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
[QUOTE="Irriducibile, post: 142248381, member: 94640"]The "extremely" high pick could be as high as 16th (though probably not).
If you draft well, all 1sts and 2nds are valuable. Ask e.g. Tampa.
And I'm talking about value, not rental or long-term.

But okay, I accept 3rd worst after Nash and Hartman.[/QUOTE]
Well I'm surely not gonna trust the opinion of someone who clearly doesn't know how the draft works.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad