Confirmed Signing with Link: Vesey signs with the New York Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
Hope he busts. Don't care if I'm petty. Goes to the team on a decline lol.

Every single time there is a high profile signing like this, it never works out. The players never live up to expectations and it typically happens to the Rangers. Look at Brad Richards... Rangers fans probably think they are getting some star but will be heavily disappointed. I won't be surprised if he busts and is an AHL player or a mediocre player.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
If he wants top 6 icetime, I'm confused. Rangers have very good wingers. :dunno:

That and an old goalie, a declining blueline and no play making center to get him the puck. Sure it's a storied franchise and all... but I think there were better options out there for him.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
So many factors are considered when deciding where to sign. It's like any other job. Do you like your boss? What kind of responsibilities will you have? Does the culture resonate? Will you get along with your teammates? Is there a mentor? What about the neighborhood? And on and on.

Hard to criticize anyone's decision from the outside looking in.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Nash Step Zucc
Kreider Zib Miller
Vesey Hayes Buch

By far the best top nine in the NHL. Doesn't matter how trash are defence is, this group is a contender

Lmao, no it's definitely not.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Congrats to the Rangers and Vesey.

I had hoped he'd sign with Leafs, but I'm not one of the bitter ones.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Hope he busts. Don't care if I'm petty. Goes to the team on a decline lol.

A decline according to who? A bunch of know it alls on a stupid website?

Nobody knows how the future is going to play out.

We're not on a decline until we actually decline.

If the team coming off a season with the 4th most points in the East is declining, I'd love to hear your opinion on the rest of the league.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
So how good is he? As a NYR im obviously happy because sounds like he is a solid player but what is he expected to turn into? Top 9? Top 6? Top line player?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
So he told the Rangers he's signing. Wonder where he ends up.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
Still surprised he didn't sign with Boston.

New York as a city has allure, and their prospect pool is weak. He'll have a better chance of getting $$$ (2nd deal) and ice time to show what hes got.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Shhhh you're ruining the narrative that our window is closed and the team is full of declining players on bad contracts!

You're biggest issue is Hank's age and your D prospect pool being extremely thin and led by Skjei, who has 2nd pairing potential.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
PHP:

New York as a city has allure, and their prospect pool is weak. He'll have a better chance of getting $$$ (2nd deal) and ice time to show what hes got.

Playing with mika zibanejad?

Mad Brills*

So he chose hayes over eichel/tavares etc...

Awful choice.

Him and eichel would've been great.

McDonagh27

Aug 3, 2005
Canada
Nash Step Zucc
Kreider Zib Miller
Vesey Hayes Buch

By far the best top nine in the NHL. Doesn't matter how trash are defence is, this group is a contender

Get rid of Girardi, and this team has a good chance at doing some damage. Really love that third line.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

On the 3rd line behind Nash and Kreider?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Not where I would have picked...but whatevs. Stinks it's over...still another month until camp starts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad