Confirmed Signing with Link: Vesey signs with the New York Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Kevin Hayes as our 2014 first rounder. And Vesey now as our 2016 first rounder. So much for bleeding picks.

Vesey is not a 1st round caliber prospect, and the fact that you signed them doesn't negate out that you traded them in the first place. The Pens signed Bengtsson and DiPauli this year, but that doesn't magically mean they haven't traded their last 4 1st round picks.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I like the youth NYR is building...

Kreider
Zibby
Stepan
Miller
Hayes
Lindberg
McIlrath
Skjei
Buchnevich
Fast
Vesey

gonna be fun to watch next year... pretty damn impressive youth

whlscowt

With 14 signed forwards (and then Buch) who's on the outside looking in Rangers fans? I assume Gerbe and maybe 2 of Fast/Jooris/Teacher's Pet Glass are the numbers victims? But I don't know the team all that well. Any lineup projections?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Why Rangers? Their window has closed.

Their window isn't closed, not fully anyway. If they get a youth movement going while their old core is still effective (they have one of the best goalies in the game for crying out loud) then they can transform their team. Vesey obviously sees their window as open enough to be able to push fully open again, and at the very least there is hope for that team during his RFA years

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Not too surprising, I'm just happy the Hawks didn't get him. I'll take it.

Glad CHI didn't get him as well. Not too sure how he see's NYR as a team that's going to set him up for success... they're a team that's not going to be doing much of anything over the next few years - despite their youth.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Yeah it would have made sense in 2014 when Hayes signed, but right now? Their future isn't looking too great after they have bled picks and prospects over the years and have numerous horrid contracts with a heavily declining roster.

Complete nonsense.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Lol @ bruins.

Why is everyone here happy the leafs didnt get him when the consensus was that the leafs wouldn't get him? Leafs hate?

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Nash Step Zucc
Kreider Zib Miller
Vesey Hayes Buch

By far the best top nine in the NHL. Doesn't matter how trash are defence is, this group is a contender

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
This is what I expected. New York, New York. The place to be for a 23 year-old Harvard grad. Congrats to both!

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Nash Step Zucc
Kreider Zib Miller
Vesey Hayes Buch

By far the best top nine in the NHL. Doesn't matter how trash are defence is, this group is a contender

Haha...contender for the lottery maybe.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Nash Step Zucc
Kreider Zib Miller
Vesey Hayes Buch

that's a very impressive top 9.. not a contender but itll be fun to watch

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Forward group is right around his age.

Stepan - 26
Zibanejad - 23
Kreider - 25
Miller - 23
Hayes - 23
Buchnevich - 21
Lindberg - 24
Fast - 24

Yeah he definitely fits the age of the Rangers forward group and the Rangers definitely have a good forward group. Their defense is still horrid though, they have almost nothing long term outside of Skjei and McDonagh (maybe McIlrath, I don't know where he'll top off at). They desperately need to get some puck movers on defense, they won't be a serious contender until they fix that.

[mod edit]

Until the Rangers actually fix their ass defense, they're not a contender. I don't see how that's a very controversial opinion. They have nothing long term on defense (outside of Skjei and McDonagh) and are plagued with horrid contracts to Girardi and Staal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad