Vermilion County Bobcats' Struggles

How long do the Vermilion County Bobcats last?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jabberoski

Aug 1, 2011
So, they're calling him the second coach and just ignoring Brent Hughes, who was hired and announced, and walked away before the season started.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
So, they're calling him the second coach and just ignoring Brent Hughes, who was hired and announced, and walked away before the season started.
If he snubbed this organization, he certainly doesn't deserve to have his name associated with them. Works both ways.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Nick is an amazing dude.
We need to start a campaign to get Arizona to give him a one day contract and start him in a game. Unfortunately I think the issue is that they'd be afraid he'd play great and win the game.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
If he snubbed this organization, he certainly doesn't deserve to have his name associated with them. Works both ways.
Plus, if he never actually coached in a game, he shouldn't be considered. Teams don't list players who were only in training camp, but never got on the ice in a game on their all time roster. Heck, most don't even list e-bugs if they don't play, and those guys were at least on the bench.

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car

He was under contract as the head coach.

The team's own press release said that they mutually agreed to part ways because of the difficulty of getting across the border during the pandemic.

Despite not coaching a game for the Bobcats, he was the head coach, just like Bill Belichick was "HC of the NYJ" until he resigned, despite never coaching a game.

Hughes counts.

Watt Counts.

No interim head coach was named, and no one was listed as head coach on the game sheets/game reports last weekend.

Niedert is head coach No. 3, in my opinion.

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
First home game is tomorrow. According to the team's Facebook, they are still looking for off-ice volunteers for jobs like working the scoreboard.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
First home game is tomorrow. According to the team's Facebook, they are still looking for off-ice volunteers for jobs like working the scoreboard.
Might be a blessing for all three teams playing @ Palmer Arena this coming weekend if the scoreboard remains dark. :innocent:

Reactions: Atlantian

Af77

Sep 23, 2020
So this was taken at the VC season ticket holder event last night......the guy at the nearest table looks ALOT like Robbie Nichols
253263162_252428653571619_5768133211631919894_n.jpg

Reactions: HockeyDude16

Af77

Sep 23, 2020
Indeed. Forward thinking for the Boobcats to have their NEXT head coach at the event, so the fans aren't surprised when Nick Niedert disappears.
Just when you thought this couldn't get any weirder

Af77

Sep 23, 2020
I was confident it would. The circus has been in Danville for years.
I didn't think it would end well, but I thought they would make it through at least half a season before it hit the fan

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
Opinion on the new head coach will be withheld because he apparently still holds a grudge for a factual statement I made on a Pensacola Ice Pilots fan board over a decade ago. I discovered this when I quote tweeted something he said about taking an ECHL call up to get dental work done.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Opinion on the new head coach will be withheld because he apparently still holds a grudge for a factual statement I made on a Pensacola Ice Pilots fan board over a decade ago. I discovered this when I quote tweeted something he said about taking an ECHL call up to get dental work done.
I admire your sense of restraint.

Af77

Sep 23, 2020
According to their facebook, less than 200 tickets remain for the game vs Evansville tonight

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car

Which new head coach - Niedert, or the heir apparent, Robbie Nichols?

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
According to their facebook, less than 200 tickets remain for the game vs Evansville tonight
As soon as I get my full refund from "Opening Weekend" that number will go up by two for some other lucky fans. Because I'm SURE they're counting previously sold but unredeemed tickets in their home game attendance figures. Probably the same math will apply for every subsequent home game they can manage to pull off. :whatever:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad