Vermilion County Bobcats' Struggles

How long do the Vermilion County Bobcats last?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
After the news of the team postponing their home weekend for "ice reasons," I wanna do a poll to see how long everyone thinks they will last. Personally, I do no think they will finish the season with their financial structure and the increased cost of an SPHL team, but I wanted everyone's thoughts.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I'm going with the "Bobcats Become The SPHL's First (??) Traveling Team" [Answer (b)], as a cautionary tale of what happens when the League tries to counter the FPHL by taking over one of the Fed markets. :ha:

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Their entire "staff" is composed of Trust Fund Baby Doll Owner and her "Director of Security."

The new ice plant in their dump of a rink doesn't work.

The team has no social media strategy (last tweet Oct. 8, last fb post announcing cancellation of the games - and they limited replies on that post because they were being roasted).

The team doesn't list an athletic trainer or a broadcaster.

If they play ten games, it's a miracle on the order of Moses parting the Red Sea.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Their entire "staff" is composed of Trust Fund Baby Doll Owner and her "Director of Security."

The new ice plant in their dump of a rink doesn't work.

The team has no social media strategy (last tweet Oct. 8, last fb post announcing cancellation of the games - and they limited replies on that post because they were being roasted).

The team doesn't list an athletic trainer or a broadcaster.

If they play ten games, it's a miracle on the order of Moses parting the Red Sea.

It shouldn't be an excuse in this day as someone should be posting on social media at least. Their Broadcaster/Media Director left for a similar vacant role with the Everett Silvertips recently.

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
They did just hire a new VP of Broadcast and Communications in former Elmira Enforcers voice, Jonathan Kliment. He said he'd been sitting on the news for a little bit but got into town yesterday. He's used to being a jack of all trades and juggling a lot so he should be a decent fit with the Bobcats office.

Reactions: Clinton Comets EHL

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Since when does seven years photographing junior/minor league hockey (the first qualification she lists) qualify you to own/run a team?

Oh right, when you have a boatload of money and no brains.

Team will fold when daddy's money runs out or she gets bored with it, whichever comes first.

Cute kitten on her "about the owner" page though.

Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
They did just hire a new VP of Broadcast and Communications in former Elmira Enforcers voice, Jonathan Kliment. He said he'd been sitting on the news for a little bit but got into town yesterday. He's used to being a jack of all trades and juggling a lot so he should be a decent fit with the Bobcats office.
GREAT! Think Mr. Kliment can get me my ticket refund now that he's settled in? :squint:

Reactions: Atlantian

CrazyEddie20

Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car

One person does not make an effective front office, no matter what experience they may have. That guy is just going to move halfway across the country only to move back after the midseason fold.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
One person does not make an effective front office, no matter what experience they may have. That guy is just going to move halfway across the country only to move back after the midseason fold.
If you think peppering each of your posts in this thread with statements supporting your Poll Vote is gonna win you the prize, think again, Bucko. :whatever:

ETA: "Do not play a home game (Traveling Team)" ... :crossfing :yashin:

Reactions: Atlantian

CrazyEddie20

Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
If you think peppering each of your posts in this thread with statements supporting your Poll Vote is gonna win you the prize, think again, Bucko. :whatever:

ETA: "Do not play a home game (Traveling Team)" ... :crossfing :yashin:

I just think this is way too big a hill to climb for any one person. This guy is going to be bailing out the Titanic with a thimble.

Reactions: Roadhog

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
Honestly, I was surprised that they didn't hire more people. I can see why Bryant left so abruptly. Beyond just the Dub being way better on a resume than the Fed and SP, he was probably sold a bill of goods about what he would and wouldn't have to do. Probably realized, "oh crap I have to literally do everything."

I wasn't trying to say that Kliment would be the savior for the office but that he's at least used to doing some heavy lifting. Hell, when I was with the Ice Flyers we'd have a four-person office and we all had to do way more than our job titles. I can't imagine how amazing the fan experience is going to be with the shoestringiest of shoestrings.

Reactions: Roadhog

CrazyEddie20

Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Honestly, I was surprised that they didn't hire more people. I can see why Bryant left so abruptly. Beyond just the Dub being way better on a resume than the Fed and SP, he was probably sold a bill of goods about what he would and wouldn't have to do. Probably realized, "oh crap I have to literally do everything."

I wasn't trying to say that Kliment would be the savior for the office but that he's at least used to doing some heavy lifting. Hell, when I was with the Ice Flyers we'd have a four-person office and we all had to do way more than our job titles. I can't imagine how amazing the fan experience is going to be with the shoestringiest of shoestrings.

My first two jobs in hockey were similar, and they were in the ECHL in the 90s. One hundred hour (or more) weeks during the season and 65-hour weeks in the summer with a lot of things that didn't fit under my job title, including occasionally driving a zamboni. I have no doubt Bryant was being ridden like a mule, and good on him for finding something better so quickly and so close to the season.

Trust Fund Ellen is trying to do this on the ultracheap. She's F***ing around, and soon, she's going to find out.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... The team has no social media strategy (last tweet Oct. 8, last fb post announcing cancellation of the games - and they limited replies on that post because they were being roasted). ...
That's what they call in the biz: "a persistent social media presence." And the beat goes on ... :banghead:

Last edited:

CrazyEddie20

Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
I see the long bio of the Director of Team Security has been deleted, but he's still listed as a team staff member. I wonder if he's been calling churches and Boy Scout troops trying to drum up group sales...

jabberoski

Aug 1, 2011
I see the long bio of the Director of Team Security has been deleted, but he's still listed as a team staff member. I wonder if he's been calling churches and Boy Scout troops trying to drum up group sales...
His bio is there, it's just in the footer of the page for some reason and hard to see:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 15

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Do you think they know they're a laughingstock already, or are they blissfully unaware?
I reckon they know, and that's why they are running silent-running deep with their social media. That, or their former media kid took the account log-in names & passwords with him.

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
That's literally happened in the SP before too. lol

@TheBhamBulls was the original team Twitter account until their communications left. Now it's @BullsBirmingham.

And let's just say I know for a fact that the Ice Flyers didn't have the smartest approach to the security of their accounts. Hypothetically, someone could have logged into various accounts well after they didn't work for the team. Hypothetically, this person could have logged into the team's Snapchat and sent messages to that person's friends from the team's account. Hypothetically, this person could log into the backend of the team's website for well over a year. Purely hypothetical of course.

Reactions: Roadhog and JMCx4

CrazyEddie20

Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
That's literally happened in the SP before too. lol

@TheBhamBulls was the original team Twitter account until their communications left. Now it's @BullsBirmingham.

And let's just say I know for a fact that the Ice Flyers didn't have the smartest approach to the security of their accounts. Hypothetically, someone could have logged into various accounts well after they didn't work for the team. Hypothetically, this person could have logged into the team's Snapchat and sent messages to that person's friends from the team's account. Hypothetically, this person could log into the backend of the team's website for well over a year. Purely hypothetical of course.

Sounds like Tim Kerr couldn't afford new passwords!

jabberoski

Aug 1, 2011
What does Evansville rescheduling a game have to do with VC, other than they are the opponent?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad