Vermilion County Bobcats' Struggles

How long do the Vermilion County Bobcats last?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Shenanigans like this is to be expected in the FHL but not so much in the SPHL.

To be fair, the SPHL is a bit of a clown show in and of itself. Over the course of its history, several teams have been run on shoestring budgets with minimal staff under the mantra of "cost containment," which is a euphemism for "do it as cheaply as possible, regardless of how shitty it looks." An equipment manager I worked with in a different league quit an SPHL team after the team was put on credit hold with suppliers and the GM told him, "Tell the players to go to Play-It-Again Sports and buy their own shit."

SPHL - The Sorta Professional Hockey League.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Another skate drops ...
Bobcats Update Coach Situation
Oct 28, 2021

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, October 28, 2021

DANVILLE, ILLINOIS– The Vermilion County Bobcats regret to announce that Coach Mike Watt has had to leave the organization for personal reasons.

“We appreciate all the hard work from Coach during this difficult time for him and his family. We wish him nothing but continued success in his future endeavors.” Owner Ellen Tully relayed to media members.

The Bobcats have begun their search for a new head coach.

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
Their whole electronic presence is terrible. Website, social media, all of it. I inquired about working part-time remotely to help run their social media during the summer just for the hell of it. I wanted a way to stay involved in hockey and it was obvious they needed help as it was just Ellen and the security dude on a very poorly done website. I never heard a peep.

I think Kliment, whether by his own desires or at the urging of Ellen, is more focused on drumming up sponsorship dollars right now than improving the communications side right now.

I don't know who took the photos at the school today but some of them are horrendous and I wouldn't have posted them even if they were the only shots we got that day. It's better to post one clear shot than 10 blurry/grainy shots but to each their own, I guess.

CrazyEddie20

Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Their whole electronic presence is terrible. Website, social media, all of it. I inquired about working part-time remotely to help run their social media during the summer just for the hell of it. I wanted a way to stay involved in hockey and it was obvious they needed help as it was just Ellen and the security dude on a very poorly done website. I never heard a peep.

You're both overqualified and whatever you would have asked for in compensation would have been too much for this "organization" to afford.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Their whole electronic presence is terrible. Website, social media, all of it. ... I think Kliment, whether by his own desires or at the urging of Ellen, is more focused on drumming up sponsorship dollars right now than improving the communications side right now. ...
Seems like SOMEBODY has the time to filter out Comments on the team's F/B page. But maybe those particular replies were deemed inappropriate under Mr. Zuckerberg's rules.

CrazyEddie20

Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Every NHL team has a director of security, and each city has an NHL Security person. Every player and staff member that travels with the team gets a card with the contact numbers for the NHL Security Department and the NHL Security person in each city.

No team below the NHL, to my knowledge, has a security department. They don't need it, especially in the SPHL. It's just further evidence of Ellen's misplaced priorities, misspent money, and mismanagement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Roadhog

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The only comment I noticed missing was the one alleging that Ahmed Mahfouz was going to be brought in to coach. Nothing like pouring gas on the fire
Then that proves that someone is actively monitoring the team's Facebook page. Unless "Ahmed Mahfouz" is now synonymous with "Hate Speech" ........ never mind, I answered my own question ... :facepalm:

Reactions: Atlantian

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Sorry about coming off so harsh. I made a joke about an FPHL team assigning a guy to the Bobcats. It bombed. I didn't handle it well. My fault.

(do we have an embarrassed smiley?)

Reactions: JMCx4 and Roadhog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad