Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Henderson Silver Knights AHL Thread II

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
He was very solid and you couldn’t tell that he’s basically a rookie in the SHL. Looked like he’s been playing in the league for ten years. I said early he’s going to be our number one this season and from what i’ve seen so far nothing can change my mind. Special talent. Very fortunate to watch him closely this season.
And another win for Lindbom today against Skellefteå and again a solid 20 saves on 21 shots.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Think Jakub Demek will get a contract?
If be surprised if he didn't eventually get one. He has all the tools.
As far as starting in Henderson next season, they already have Brabanec making his pro debut,and I think they would want both playing C as much as possible - so maybe back to Kamloops to start the year?

MrKriben

Dec 16, 2014
Stockholm
He was very solid and you couldn’t tell that he’s basically a rookie in the SHL. Looked like he’s been playing in the league for ten years. I said early he’s going to be our number one this season and from what i’ve seen so far nothing can change my mind. Special talent. Very fortunate to watch him closely this season.
I agree, all of the pre-season games, CHL games and now SHL games has been really solid. He is so calm and always seem to be in the correct position. Two games in and against the two finalists from last season and he is 95.94% SVS and 1.00 GAA. The #1 position is his to loose, Legace will have to fight hard for his starts.

Reactions: Lehtonen

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Terrific week from Lindbom & Edstrom.

Lindbom with his first SO in the SHL has improved his record to 4-0-0 and sv% to .965.

Edstrom with 1+3 and a SOW to bring him up to 7-2-4-6.

Doubtful they can keep those kind of numbers up, but a man can dream that their play don't flounder and they get rewarded with similar numbers for it.

The Tank

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
As I am a fan of Färjestad I have seen all his games so far. Lindbom plays with such a calmness and poise. He works methodically and seems to be very well schooled. As Brunkmeister wrote earlier you can't tell he is a rookie at this level. Looks more like a vet with 10+ seasons in his bag.
If he continues this development he will be Swedens next superstar goalie.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Karki just scored his 7th goal in 9 games played.

That is extremely impressive for a defenceman.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
No idea is Kärki ever gonna play the game in the NHL but his start to his OHL career is completely out of any predictions anyone could have possibly thought up.

12 goals* (16 points) in 14 games
He still leads OHL & CHL in PP goals, which he has scored 8 already.
He is pace for 40 PP goals... and 58 goals in total... LOL.

At least you have a very interesting prospect to follow this season :)

*2nd in the entire OHL, 8th in the entire CHL

Last edited:

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland
Watched some SHL today. Edstrom vs. Lindbom. Frölunda won 2-1 in OT. My main focus was in Edstrom. I really liked his forechecking. He was very close to force turnovers multiply times. His stick pressure was nice and skating dynamic. He also finishes his hits. In his prime he will be very tough to play against just like W. Karlsson is nowadays. I see lot of similarities in them. In the defensive zone Edstrom was disciplined and read plays well. He defended mainly centre of the ice but was also good to recognise situations when to go towards corners to help defenders and create 3v2 advantage against opponent's forwards down low. To steal the puck more often from those moments he just needs to add some pure strength. Frölunda's defending system was close to VGK so he gets good reps in Sweden. Even forechecking was 1-2-2 like Vegas has.

However, with the puck Edstrom was mediocre. His puck handling was sometimes little bit shaky and also couple of passing decisions were poor. His self-confidence needs to be better. I think his best asset in the offensive zone is his willingness to go inside and fight there against defenders. He can screen goalies or take care of balance as a F3 in the slot. His linemates can then hold the puck as long as they want. It isn't David's strength.

All in all, I am happy that I ranked him 2nd in my prospect ranking a while ago because his game should translate well to North America. Eight points in 18 SHL games as a 3C is good amount of points so far.

Reactions: theslatcher

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Edstrom's playing well (arguably been Sweden's best line in the first period) in Sweden's first pre-season game. Also got to learn he had high grades in school.

Last edited:

Johnny Danger

Jul 7, 2002
Suisse
Visit site
how would you rate Denisenkos future? he was a 1st rounder who had some problems so far. But potential seems to be there. and he's playing his best AHL season ... but didn't get any callups yet. Anyone seen him play?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Terrific week from Lindbom & Edstrom.

Lindbom with his first SO in the SHL has improved his record to 4-0-0 and sv% to .965.

Edstrom with 1+3 and a SOW to bring him up to 7-2-4-6.

Doubtful they can keep those kind of numbers up, but a man can dream that their play don't flounder and they get rewarded with similar numbers for it.
we're talking top 10 prospect lists on the main board. how would you rank VGK right now?

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Miromanov returns in fashion with the first goal of the game with a penalty shot in the first period. Also 4 shots on net Wednesday evening.

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland
How do you rate Ivan Morozov in VGK pool and C depth chart?
Poor man's Roy. He lacks motor to be anything else than 4C in the NHL. And do I think he gets an opportunity in Vegas? No. Maybe in another organisation if he gets traded.

However, if he would play in the AHL right now, I think he might have earned a call-up instead of Froese because in the end of last season there was clear improvement in his game when it comes to his first steps and offensive zone play. I would have liked to see that he would have stayed in the NA this season. In the long run I believe Edstrom and Sapovaliv will be more useful NHL players but Ivan is great TOP6 C for an average KHL team.

Reactions: ValeriKamensky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad