Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Henderson Silver Knights AHL Thread II

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Should also be noted Brabenec was voted the Best Player for Czechia in the GMG. Great juniors for all our prospects except for Dean who just kept piling up PIMs. :laugh:

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Congratz on getting Gemel Smith from Tampa Bay/Syracuse. Fiery team player who will put up points and penalty minutes for you. Never fit in with the Tampa Bay style of finesse, he should be much better for a team that does not mind banging bodies and in your face style of play. Will lose his temper from time to time, but when it happens it is in defense of a teammate or himself. Can play all three forward positions, as well as both PP and PK.
Has had a season long feud with Mason Geertsen from Utica which has resulted in many of both players PIMs and a suspension for Geertsen.
He is not afraid to play in front of the opponent's goaltender, more than willing to do the dirty work to give himself and his linemates a chance at scoring.
As I mentioned, the issue he had in Syracuse was the conflict between his play style and that which the Lightning organization wanted him to play. He was not effective playing their style, and the organization seemingly did not want him playing his.
All in all, he is a player I would welcome on my team and hate to play against as an opponent. Fans will love him for his hard work and willingness to do what is necesary to win. I hope he and the Golden Knights/Silver Knights organization find GREAT success with this relationship.

Reactions: Lehtonen

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Lindbom wins Guldgallret, awarded to Allsvenskan's best junior. Currently leading the league in sv%, & shutouts. In the running for best goalie, & MVP. Unless the next 6 games(including today) goes horribly wrong.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Is Miromanov bad defensively? seems to be an offensive stud, but the big team aint keepin him.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Is Miromanov bad defensively? seems to be an offensive stud, but the big team aint keepin him.
He is isn't terrible defensively but it's not his forte by any means. However, he's waiver-exempt unlike the defense on Vegas' roster so he's the easy cut this season. Maybe next season when he'll require waivers he'll make the cut in Vegas or be traded to a team that could use the offense on their back end.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
He is isn't terrible defensively but it's not his forte by any means. However, he's waiver-exempt unlike the defense on Vegas' roster so he's the easy cut this season. Maybe next season when he'll require waivers he'll make the cut in Vegas or be traded to a team that could use the offense on their back end.
Should also be noted that when he was up in the big league this season he got injured for a while, which ended that stint.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Miramanov was responsible defensively and seemed to have better situational awareness that Hague (then again so does out poodle).

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

He was heavily sheltered and still put up bad defensive metrics relative to the rest of the d Vegas was dressing. Chances are he's not going to get a real shot with Vegas barring injuries. He's not beating Petro, Theo, or Whitecloud out for a spot so he'll probably eventually end up getting a chance with another organization. He does have a nice tool set to where he could carve out an NHL career. We are just too deep at RD. Even Korczak is probably ahead of him on the depth chart going forward.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He was heavily sheltered and still put up bad defensive metrics relative to the rest of the d Vegas was dressing. Chances are he's not going to get a real shot with Vegas barring injuries. He's not beating Petro, Theo, or Whitecloud out for a spot so he'll probably eventually end up getting a chance with another organization. He does have a nice tool set to where he could carve out an NHL career. We are just too deep at RD. Even Korczak is probably ahead of him on the depth chart going forward.

As much as I liked Hutton last year, I really hope they go with Miro and Korczak as 7 & 8.

The kid just needs to stay healthy.

Edit: Korczak has another year where he doesn't have to pass through waivers, so even better.

Last edited:

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland

Sounds like Vegas might want to bring Lindbom over to the US after this season(he has 1 RS game left + playoffs). Djurgården wants him obviously at least 1 more season but recognizes they'll need to be promoted for that to be in the cards.
Hopefully he plays in the SHL because he is the only prospect playing in Europe at the moment and it would be nice to keep him here for one more season. I fear they send Carl to ECHL because Saville needs to be AHL goalie next season and if Patera stays, there is no room for Carl. SHL is in that case better environment.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Lindbom ends the regular season with a shutout to make his sv% in the end .930 to be practically tied for 1st in sv%. Should be a favorite to win goalie of the year, & MVP.

Reactions: Haguerbomb

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland
How does daniil Chayka look lately?
Scored a great goal in latest game by pushing himself through to a breakaway with powerful strides but also once let an opponent to attack behind him and score from a breakaway too. He has been more active in the blue line and shoots nowadays more than in the fall which is good but in the own end he still needs more strength to be better in battles near boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad