GDT: Vegas Golden Knights Expansion Draft | 5:00 PM | T-Mobile Arena | NBCSN, SN

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Why are you guys putting Haula at LW. He's been a 3C for the Wild, and is a good face off man.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Why are you guys putting Haula at LW. He's been a 3C for the Wild, and is a good face off man.
No clue why they keep doing that, unless they just look blindly at player positions without knowing player position history.

Yes... Haula is often listed as a LW, as that was what he was listed at on Draft day, but he plays primarily Center and does it well. Considering the value of the position, and the very high quality of his faceoffs (probably your best faceoff center looking at your complete lineup) and defensive abilities (not to mention is underrated offense... in 13-15 mins/game last year he still scored 15 goals!), I highly doubt Vegas plays him on LW.

He CAN play wing, but he primarily plays Center. I see him either as the 2nd or 3rd line Center in Vegas. He was 3rd line Center in Minnesota with a much deeper lineup, in Vegas, which is thin down the middle, he could very well be your #2 Center.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
OLindberg-VShipachyov-JNeal
TPulkkinen-CEakin-JMarchessault
WKarlsson-EHaula-DPerron
WCarrier-PEBellemare-CThorburn

????-????
STheodore-????
????-TVan Riemsdyk

MAFleury
CPickard

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Pretty poor roster. They are going to lose a lot of 1-2 goal games as they just don't have the top end talent to close out games.

That's fine though, I was on the tank train all along.

Very, very excited for 6+13+15.

Got my fingers crossed McPhee deals 6+15 or two 2nds for the 1st or 2nd overall.

Can't have Haula or Eakin as the 2C unless its extremely temporary and just allows time for Patrick / Hischier to adjust to the NHL.

The draft may be every bit as exciting as today was.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Don't sign Thorburn. If you want a fighter, Thorburn is not your guy. He does fight but he's also a very boring fighter and not even really good at it. He's a 100% heart and soul guy and has been one of the locker room favorites since the Atlanta days. On a human level, we're gonna miss him in Winnipeg. On a hockey level, not so much.

But hey, here is his top career goal vs. Miller:

and here is a short compilation:

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Pretty poor roster. They are going to lose a lot of 1-2 goal games as they just don't have the top end talent to close out games.

Got my fingers crossed McPhee deals 6+15 or two 2nds for the 1st or 2nd overall.

Can't have Haula or Eakin as the 2C unless its extremely temporary and just allows time for Patrick / Hischier to adjust to the NHL.

Today was only the start when it comes to forming the roster. There's going to be so many trades this week. Then we have Ufa day on July 1st. I'm sure we'll see more then a few signings then. Then training camp where I'm sure a few guys will be plucked up through waivers. So relax and give things a few weeks before we really disect everything

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Shea Theodore is the perfect fit for Vegas.
I think Theodore will get alot of Powerplay minutes so I figure he'll have 30 to 40 points next season.
He's 6'1 & a durable player, he won't break down so easily like vatanen always does. Has a great wrist shot when he uses right.

IMO his ceiling is higher than Vatanen, he's also bigger & skates just as well.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

If you get Hischier, there's no guarantee he starts in the NHL... he is AHL eligible to play right away, and it may make more sense to start him there and not start his free agent clock for Vegas so soon. You guys won't be competitive right away, so no need to rush the kid if you don't have to.

Let him play a year in the AHL, extend his FA clock to 25 instead of 24, so you have him closer to the prime years before you need to worry about locking him up before UFA.

netminder17

Sep 15, 2009
Atlanta
Don't sign Thorburn. If you want a fighter, Thorburn is not your guy. He does fight but he's also a very boring fighter and not even really good at it. He's a 100% heart and soul guy and has been one of the locker room favorites since the Atlanta days. On a human level, we're gonna miss him in Winnipeg. On a hockey level, not so much.

I met Thorbun multiple times when the team was in Atlanta. Such a nice guy. Last time I saw him was at a meet and greet a few weeks after the team was sold and was moving up north. He could have easily cancelled the events, but he didn't, and was very gracious with his time. Class act. Wouldn't mind signing him to a 1 year deal. He's the kind of player you want in year 1. Heart and soul and great with the fans.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I met Thorbun multiple times when the team was in Atlanta. Such a nice guy. Last time I saw him was at a meet and greet a few weeks after the team was sold and was moving up north. He could have easily cancelled the events, but he didn't, and was very gracious with his time. Class act. Wouldn't mind signing him to a 1 year deal. He's the kind of player you want in year 1. Heart and soul and great with the fans.

True that. I only spole from a hockey POV. If you want a "everyone loves him"-guy around, go ahead and sign him.

Someone else on the Jets board mentioned it so I'll add this:

If you for "some reason" :naughty: think about trading for Mr. Las Vegas or also known as Evander Kane, he'd already have a good friend on the roster. Thorburn was Kane's best friend on the Jets roster. We actually had talk coming from insiders about him being the ONLY person Evander listened to when something was up.

142561682.0.jpg

:naughty:

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Bellemare owns. Works hard, is loved by his team mates and has a good shot. Hope he gets the C and plays on the second line.

Just check this out when he handed the player of the game award to the goalie after France beat Finland in the WC this year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgZBYWZZcdk

Last edited:

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Vegas Golden Knights

@GoldenKnights

We've selected Calvin Pickard of @Avalanche as our 1st #VegasDraft pick. He becomes the 10th straight goalie to go 1st in an Expansion Draft
2:31 AM - 22 Jun 2017

"the 10th to go first" hahaha

What a bunch of idiots.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
It wasn't Foley's fault, can't blame him at his age, he was just unlucky taking McPhee and then all the **** fell into place.
Didn't take long to become a laughingstock.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Don't get why McPhee selecting UFA in Thorburn and Engeland
Can't he just sign them for free ? Instead of wasting a pick for them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad