GDT: Vegas Golden Knights Expansion Draft | 5:00 PM | T-Mobile Arena | NBCSN, SN

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
True that. I only spole from a hockey POV. If you want a "everyone loves him"-guy around, go ahead and sign him.

Someone else on the Jets board mentioned it so I'll add this:

If you for "some reason" :naughty: think about trading for Mr. Las Vegas or also known as Evander Kane, he'd already have a good friend on the roster. Thorburn was Kane's best friend on the Jets roster. We actually had talk coming from insiders about him being the ONLY person Evander listened to when something was up.

142561682.0.jpg

:naughty:

Ewww, I really hope that's a Photoshopped picture.

I would not be surprised if he re-signs with the Jets as an UFA. It would be Fear and Loathing in Winnipeg, instead of Las Vegas. At least, on the Jets board. :laugh:

Anarchy Joe

Jun 30, 2013
Don't get why McPhee selecting UFA in Thorburn and Engeland
Can't he just sign them for free ? Instead of wasting a pick for them

Did you see what WIN gave us to pick Thornburn? Ennegeland was signed to a friendly deal and brought in as the local guy cause he lives in Vegas

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Did you see what WIN gave us to pick Thornburn? Ennegeland was signed to a friendly deal and brought in as the local guy cause he lives in Vegas

I'm in the minority, but I'm quite pissed with what we gave up so you would take Thorburn. Rumour is McPhee was trying to shake down Chevy for Armia or else they would take Enstrom. Chevy should have called his bluff, and said fine, take Enstrom. He will just retire and go back to Sweden and you will get nothing from the Jets. At least with Dano you would get a young player with some upside who just doesn't seem to fit in here.

Enstrom to me is a declining asset who is injury prone. He's probably only here for a couple of years at most. Losing him would leave a hole at LD, but we've filled that hole before and could again. As is often pointed out on the Jets board, to the annoyance of some, the Jets have a better record with Enstrom out of the lineup than in it. Cue the Crosby response. ;)

It was bad enough some meaningless late season wins pushed us out of prime draft territory. Now, we've fallen back even further and the names being bandied about at #24 really don't do anything for me. Who knows? Maybe there's more moves to be done, maybe there will be a surprise waiting for us at that spot. I'm not ready to jump off the cliff just yet, I'll just sit on the edge and enjoy the view for now. :laugh:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Looks like Wild Bill is saying the right things:

Looks like he's committed to giving Vegas his best.

He's also got untapped potential.

The Blue Jackets didn’t want to part with Karlsson, obviously. He was their third-line center and top penalty-killer. His ironic nickname “Wild Bill” belied his consistency of performance, and the Jackets still believe he has an emerging offensive skill set. ... “We liked William a lot,” Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen said. “He’s a young player who is still getting better, and the center ice position is a hard spot to replace.
Article.

Reactions: Kelly

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Do you think he's got more potential to be a 2nd line C than Lindberg and Haula?

If he were still with the Jackets, I think his potential tops out at 3rd liner who puts up ~30 points.

If he gets top-6 minutes and time on the powerplay in Vegas, who knows? I guess we won't find out until we see it.

He's certainly going to get an opportunity on the Knights that he wouldn't get on the Jackets. Whether or not he seizes that opportunity is up to him.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Do you think he's got more potential to be a 2nd line C than Lindberg and Haula?

Karlsson has shown signs he can in a few games, but then is invisible for long stretches. I'm not all that familiar with Haula, but Lindberg has more consistently shown offensive ability than Karlsson.

But Karlsson stepped up big time against the Pens, including this goal:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I was excited for the team, until they decided to screw over the Sens the most out of every other team. :sarcasm:

Seriously, it feels like the Sens took the biggest hit when it came to the expansion draft.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I was excited for the team, until they decided to screw over the Sens the most out of every other team. :sarcasm:

Seriously, it feels like the Sens took the biggest hit when it comes to the importance of the player to the team.

That's on Dorion more than us.

If it makes you feel better, I'm a little frustrated GMGM didn't do to every other team what he did to the Sens.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
CONGRATS to Vegas team and fans.. and welcome to the NHL..! :handclap::yo:

You guys have got a great player, with Leipsic...
Followed him for several seasons.., Marlies & Leafs...

Here's a few seasons of him to share with the new fans...

Enjoy.... and good luck with your 1st season..!

Let It Ride: Brendan Leipsic 2016-17 Highlights

Sweet, With Sticky: Brendan Leipsic 2015-16 Highlights

Leipsic Locked & Loaded: Brendan Leipsic 2014-15 Highlights

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
SEER videos are the best, they're the only hockey videos I don't mute. Everyone else seems to prefer awful techno crap.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Definitely the best player available (11):
Miller, Eakin, Marchessault, McNab, Emelin, Neal, Methot, Fleury, Schlemko, Perron, Schmidt

Established, meh (4):
Van Riemsdyk, Pickard, Garrison, Sbisa

Best player available, not established (2):
Pulkkinen, Leipsic

Definitely not the best player available (9):
Stoner, Carrier, Engelland, Brickley, Karlsson, Nosek, Berube, Haula, Thorburn

Debatable (4):
Reinhart, Merrill, Lindberg, Bellemare

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016

Seriously, it feels like the Sens took the biggest hit when it came to the expansion draft.

Marc Andre Fleury wanted to give the Sens one last shiv. As nice as he may seem, he's only human. :laugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Who's laughing now?
You're wasting your time. After spending the bulk of time between expansion draft and preseason complaining that this team was a massive failure for not doing better at the expansion draft/Foley+McPhee were liars RE: the playoffs in 3/cup in 6 plan he hasn't shown his face on this site since December.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Can we bury this thread please? While others were a lot worse than me, I made some pretty poor predictions haha.

I guess hindsight is 20/20. I doubt one person predicted 1st in the division.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Smith Shipachyov Marchessault
Karlsson Eakin Leipsic
Haula Lindberg Tuch
Nosek Bellemare Carrier
Pulkkinen

Schmidt Schlemko
McNabb Garrison
Theodore Engelland
Stoner
Reinhart

MAF
Pickard

no Kruger

This looks weird but it's my post-TDL roster. I would just like to point out Eakin was centering the 2nd line the other night.:sarcasm:

Oh man if you would have told me Shipachyov would be gone and Karlsson was our 1st line C I would have said 'so the team is gonna be even worse than we thought':eek:

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad