Pre-Game Talk: Vegas Expansion draft talk (FLA protects: 11-16-21-27/3-5-6-13/34)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
If the end game is to bring in Dadonov and Kovy...it would make sense that they are trying to get Smith and/or Demers off the books lol

yes agree but I would still like to keep Smith or March. Dadonov for how good as he's been in the KHL the last couple years may be a lateral move from Smith. Maybe March is the key to getting Demers to Vegas.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
If the end game is to bring in Dadonov and Kovy...it would make sense that they are trying to get Smith and/or Demers off the books lol

One of the super-unreliable rumors suggested we moved both Marchesseault and Smith to Vegas for one of the first round picks they acquired from the other teams. Made no sense then, but now it actually might if this is true...

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Wonder how the Hossa announcement affects the field a bit.

Chicago protected Hossa right? That's a wasted protection slot that they could have used elsewhere.

Unfortunate news though.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Yup remember Dadonov in Rochester and SA. Got tired of trying to get NHL ice time and left for mother Russia. To Tallon's credit, the guy really wasn't NHL material back then. Good little player with excellent skills who has developed into solid scoring threat in the KHL in his prime. Probably as good or better than Marchy in the goal scoring dept with much better skills/skating and complete game. I'd be fine with this move along with dumping Smith. He also is a feisty guy with a very high compete personality. I would guess his cost will be in the $5M area for minimum of 5 yrs.

I like it, if it's true. :)

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Yup remember Dadonov in Rochester and SA. Got tired of trying to get NHL ice time and left for mother Russia. To Tallon's credit, the guy really wasn't NHL material back then. Good little player with excellent skills who has developed into solid scoring threat in the KHL in his prime. Probably as good or better than Marchy in the goal scoring dept with much better skills/skating and complete game. I'd be fine with this move along with dumping Smith. He also is a feisty guy with a very high compete personality. I would guess his cost will be in the $5M area for minimum of 5 yrs.

I like it, if it's true. :)

that's way too high

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
that's way too high
I agree, but these Russian guys who led the KHL are asking for the moon. Considering last year was his first breakout he is likely worth at least $4M, so let's see if he is reasonable with his negotiations or if Tallon paid his price to save face on losing Marchy. Shipachyov got $4.5 for two years, so maybe they split the difference. :)

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Everybody was crying for a deal with Vegas to be made...

Yet when Bob confirms it (without knowing the look of it), this board is still going mad.

So funny ! :)

Par for the course, its always the wrong move, regardless.

Lots of stanley cup architects in here.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I agree, but these Russian guys who led the KHL are asking for the moon. Considering last year was his first breakout he is likely worth at least $4M, so let's see if he is reasonable with his negotiations or if Tallon paid his price to save face on losing Marchy. Shipachyov got $4.5 for two years, so maybe they split the difference. :)

That's not asking for the moon.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yeah, I said that. So I'm likely wrong on the contract and maybe it's between $4M-$4.5. That's good value for the guy. :)

That number could be right but I doubt he'd get a 5 year deal.
More like 3-4y deal for that number, which Tallon could prefer over Smiths contract.

Ottarr

Nov 30, 2016
How can there be so little info right now....with all the leaks that go on.....sorry very impatient.....

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
If Kovy and Dads is truth, then why would they get rid of Marchessault who we could keep for basically free? Do we only want one scoring line? How would we pay for the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad