Pre-Game Talk: Vegas baby, comes to Ottawa, Saturday afternoon 2:00pm on TSN

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
What the actual f***? Sbisa thew his gloves off like2 full seconds before Pageau. Are these refs mentally Pejorative Slured?

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Pageau getting the extra penalty for that? I don't think he even wanted to fight. He didn't drop the gloves first.

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
It's the right call. The problem is they only call it half the time, a quarter of the time its 5 for fighting and 2 for roughing and the other quarter its just 5 for fighting.

No it isn't they were both willing combatants

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
It's the right call. The problem is they only call it half the time, a quarter of the time its 5 for fighting and 2 for roughing and the other quarter its just 5 for fighting.

It's not. The Vegas player instigated the fight. He's the one who threw his gloves off first. Pageau was surprised and felt obligated to throw his off.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's not. The Vegas player instigated the fight. He's the one who threw his gloves off first. Pageau was surprised and felt obligated to throw his off.
What was Pageau doing in his face.. If I come up to you and shove you and you punch me in the face .. and we fight who instigated the fight

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Bad positioning on the 2 on 1 by Burrows. He took away any good pass back options . Ran out of any decent chance so Turris only had a weak shot left

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
They gave them roughing minors? Haha. Classic NHL refs, dancing around the rule book. If the rule is too harsh where you aren't comfortable taking a player out of the game for 17 minutes, maybe change it.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
What was Pageau doing in his face.. If I come up to you and shove you and you punch me in the face .. and we fight who instigated the fight

Pageau shoved him, Sbisa threw his gloves off as Pageau was backing off, Pageau looked surprised and felt obligated to throw his off too.

Just because Sbisa had a big hit 5 seconds earlier doesn't mean Pageau instigated it.

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
This is a cause of obvious retribution for a prior incident, you know the hit that happened 5 seconds before. This was an easy call.

Instigator should be when someone starts waling on someone right after the hit, not when they mutually drop the gloves.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Giving up that first goal was rough.

Vegas playing with the lead very well. Lets hope they have one of our patented "we are aweso..... oh crap" moments while in our building.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
This is a cause of obvious retribution for a prior incident, you know the hit that happened 5 seconds before. This was an easy call.

It's still frustrating how inconsistent the refs are though.

There's been so many times where Boro has thrown a clean hit and had to fight, yet the other team doesn't get a penalty because Boro doesn't hesitate to drop the gloves.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
They look half asleep out there.

Hope this isn't the start of the saturday afternoon performances from a few years ago.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It's still frustrating how inconsistent the refs are though.

There's been so many times where Boro has thrown a clean hit and had to fight, yet the other team doesn't get a penalty because Boro doesn't hesitate to drop the gloves.

I agree, I'm equally as frustrated with the way the rule is called.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad