Pre-Game Talk: Vegas baby, comes to Ottawa, Saturday afternoon 2:00pm on TSN

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Will be good to see them. They're on a 3 game losing streak now so I expect a bounce back from then. Should be a fun game. Could be wrong here but is this their first regular season game vs. a Canadian team? I think it might be.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Oddly enough, this looks like a sellout. The second time this season they make standing room only tickets available.

Apparently Ottawa likes its afternoon games.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Oddly enough, this looks like a sellout. The second time this season they make standing room only tickets available.

I was originally going to pick this game as I've never seen them play live (as is the case for most people in Ottawa I suspect).

But Mrs_NyQuil is still out of town so I've yet to see the Sens in person this season.

I'll be cramming in the games later on I guess.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I was originally going to pick this game as I've never seen them play live (as is the case for most people in Ottawa I suspect).

But Mrs_NyQuil is still out of town so I've yet to see the Sens in person this season.

I'll be cramming in the games later on I guess.

If you can't go to Vegas, bring Vegas to you. Boys night out I say!!!

swingers-o.gif

Reactions: NyQuil

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I remember hearing a while back (not this season) that when they make the schedules, we specifically asked for afternoon games. Apparently they are more profitable or something; increases the value for local broadcast rights, maybe, as it's no longer a national game on CBC, or people more inclined to buy concessions, perhaps?

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
I remember hearing a while back (not this season) that when they make the schedules, we specifically asked for afternoon games. Apparently they are more profitable or something; increases the value for local broadcast rights, maybe, as it's no longer a national game on CBC, or people more inclined to buy concessions, perhaps?
I thought that the "not a national game" loophole got closed in the Sportsnet/HNIC/NHL contract? Before that, we nearly always played afternoon games on Saturday.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I thought that the "not a national game" loophole got closed in the Sportsnet/HNIC/NHL contract? Before that, we nearly always played afternoon games on Saturday.
You're probably right, like I said, it was a while back that I heard we requested them.

Having said that, we typically have focused on attracting young families (was a strategy from the beginning) so maybe that's part of why we opt for, and get good results from afternoon games; it's much easier to bring my kids to an afternoon game and have them home and fed in time for bed than it is to bring them to a game that ends at 10:00, three hours after they usually start getting ready for bed.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
You're probably right, like I said, it was a while back that I heard we requested them.

Having said that, we typically have focused on attracting young families (was a strategy from the beginning) so maybe that's part of why we opt for, and get good results from afternoon games; it's much easier to bring my kids to an afternoon game and have them home and fed in time for bed than it is to bring them to a game that ends at 10:00, three hours after they usually start getting ready for bed.
It's true and it's not just families. People in this city seem to get up at 5am and go to bed at 7pm, so watching a regularly scheduled evening game messes up their sleeping pattern.

For me, it's the 2pm start that's problematic. ;)

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Okay i was wondering why you can't always search for those. Are the offered only for particular games? Is that list set out at the start of the year

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Going to this one tomorrow, should be fun to see LV & noisy. I expect there to be tons of kids there for an afternoon game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00