Pre-Game Talk: Vegas baby, comes to Ottawa, Saturday afternoon 2:00pm on TSN

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Read between the lines. Phaneuf has a nagging thing that isn't an injury, Boro is basically under quarantine. Karlsson confirmed he has the flu (see video below)

Sounds like it's a really nasty strain of the flu if it's knocking guys out of the lineup for a few games at a time.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Karlsson isn't ready to carry us the way he normally does. Without that, our chances on any given night are pretty bleak. Hoff-Brassard-Stone are all great but they can't put up 5+ goal performances to keep pace with our putrid D.

A+ to Dorion to signing Anderson to that extension.

Reactions: Alex1234

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Need better goaltending
Offense is fine most of the time
Stone is a beauty
Oduya out

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Based on points per game projected out, if it was to continue this team is not a playoff team. I believe they are better than their record indicates but they can't afford to give points and games away like they have.
If you take our point pace of the western trip we are actually sitting pretty.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well i mean. We were losing when we were healthy. This isn't a some random loss. We've lost more than we've won.

This team isn't perfect. Healthy or sick.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The team isn't perfect, but no team in the NHL is.
Right. That's why every team is discussed at length on message boards.

It's morning always panic.

Although again. This is a team losing more often than it's winning.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
This is the most frustrating game of the season. This should have been a win against a f***ing ECHL goalie.

12 shots after two periods is completely unacceptable.

Reactions: Cosmix

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Man Anderson and Karlsson are really bad right now. Not sure what this team can do if they don't turn it around. Need EK to be a top 5 D-man (at least) and Andy at least a Top-20 goalie... They're really far from that right now.

Lagace > Anderson in this game
Any Vegas D-man > Karlsson in this game (ok maybe except for his goal)

But in the end PK lost this game. It says 3 for 5 in the boxscore but it was more like 4 for 5 in reality as they score their 2nd goal 2 seconds after the end of a penalty

At Even Strength :

Scoring Chances : 25-17 Ottawa
High Danger Chances : 6-4 Ottawa
Corsi : 56-42 Ottawa

I know it's just "Vegas" but they're playing with a lot of determination, grit and intensity. If Ottawa could have payed as hard, it would have been an easy Win. But of course, when your goalie gives up 2 bad goals a game, it's hard to win in this league. Sens also missed several empty nets or close to it

Also didn't like the reffing today as the Knights were "the aggressor" but had a 5-2 PP advantage

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Anderson got some negative attention for this goal but seriously... Oduya ... giveaway, Claesson oops come on in. and then Andy

Reactions: Cosmix

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
You're the only one who calls it "panic" whenever someone raises issues after a loss. Are you deliberately trolling?

Best to ignore some who like to argue. That what I do.

On your earlier post, it may be a bit early for that but I think the points per game total is pretty good to make the playoffs if that is what you are looking at. They've had a couple of bad games with a good one in between but hopefully they'll rebound and string some wins. It's too bad the bad losses happened at home.

Reactions: Tundraman

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Best to ignore some who like to argue. That what I do.

On your earlier post, it may be a bit early for that but I think the points per game total is pretty good to make the playoffs if that is what you are looking at. They've had a couple of bad games with a good one in between but hopefully they'll rebound and string some wins. It's too bad the bad losses happened at home.

Yes thanks I checked again. Much appreciated, you are right they are still in ok shape. I mistakenly remembered the number 17 as games played but it was earned points since they've only played 14. I know it's early but I like to check their point potential every once in a while. It looks like they are on pace for 99 or so which should put them in a playoff spot.

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
I feel bad for Turris that the story of the near trade leaked out. He probably knew about it through his agent but it must still be tough to play these games with his teammates and the fans knowing too.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I feel bad for Turris that the story of the near trade leaked out. He probably knew about it through his agent but it must still be tough to play these games with his teammates and the fans knowing too.
If he is asking for 8 years, he's going to be shopped. This shouldn't be news to anyone.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Claesson really needs to move the puck quicker and make hard crisper passes. Especially along the boards. Other than that he's been pretty good this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad