GDT: Vegas at YOUR Toronto Maple Leafs, Tuesday, Feb 26th, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
1. Hope Lily heals soon, but no point in rushing him. Let it heal completely whatever it is

2. Really liked Benoit-McCabe pairing, wish we can find a way to keep it

3. Good news on Murray, not so much on our cap space; hopefully we can pull a tampa/vgk with Murray available in post season if needed

4. Hope Gio and his family are feeling better after passing of his dad

5. Happy to see Keefe not galaxy braining the forward group

6. More importantly! Today Monday is Feb 26; so the game is tonight or tomorrow Tuesday, Feb 27? ;)

GLG!

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I don't like Keefe any more than the average Leafs fan, but give him credit for demoting Tavares to the third line and creating that "skill/energy/grit" 2nd line. Team looks much better rounded this way.
Hard not to agree that he has done a good job overall this season. He just needs to bring it in the playoffs. I can't see him surviving as Leafs coach if we see a repeat of last year or worse.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The Leafs have been very fortunate with their Vegas timing. It's a nice advantage to play them without Eichel or Stone.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
The Leafs have been very fortunate with their Vegas timing. It's a nice advantage to play them without Eichel or Stone.
I like watching those guys play. And regardless of who is playing these days, the leafs are winning games with those cursed retros. Lets hope they just remember this team is not to be trifled with because its their physical play that wins for them

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I like watching those guys play. And regardless of who is playing these days, the leafs are winning games with those cursed retros. Lets hope they just remember this team is not to be trifled with because its their physical play that wins for them
It will be interesting to see who Vegas acquires with the Stone cap space. If the guy actually has a lacerated spleen, he won't be back until at least the playoffs.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
It will be interesting to see who Vegas acquires with the Stone cap space. If the guy actually has a lacerated spleen, he won't be back until at least the playoffs.
I doubt he is back for the playoffs if it's a spleen. Huge loss

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Any news yet if Eichel is back?

Last I heard he was joining them for this trip

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I would be trying Bertuzzi with the top line again.

While he looked decent with Domi, I have to cover my eyes when they are in the d zone.

Reactions: BayStBullies

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Hard not to agree that he has done a good job overall this season. He just needs to bring it in the playoffs. I can't see him surviving as Leafs coach if we see a repeat of last year or worse.
I think you can't look at the recent run and say the coach has done much wrong but they are still only tied for 8th overall which salvages the first 50 games but doesn't make them good. The fact that it took 7 wins in a row to drag them into the top 10 is on him too. He is a fine coach lately though and he will be finer if he can beat the Knights tomorrow. They don't play a system that relies on the same few scorers to bail them out every night so they won't roll over as easily this time. Or will they be sacrificed at the feet of the Great Woll?

Reactions: ToneDog

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
I don't like Keefe any more than the average Leafs fan, but give him credit for demoting Tavares to the third line and creating that "skill/energy/grit" 2nd line. Team looks much better rounded this way.
Tavaras will play anywhere you ask without changing his effort. He is a pro.
The trouble is Domi is not good enough to be 2nd line center in the long haul. Now, how good would Kadri lòok now..

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I think you can't look at the recent run and say the coach has done much wrong but they are still only tied for 8th overall which salvages the first 50 games but doesn't make them good. The fact that it took 7 wins in a row to drag them into the top 10 is on him too. He is a fine coach lately though and he will be finer if he can beat the Knights tomorrow. They don't play a system that relies on the same few scorers to bail them out every night so they won't roll over as easily this time. Or will they be sacrificed at the feet of the Great Woll?
On one hand the team had the same bad habits since he got here, on the other they were still competing with a defense that looks terrible on paper and Jones in goal. Playoff results should determine his fate going forward.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Tavaras will play anywhere you ask without changing his effort. He is a pro.
The trouble is Domi is not good enough to be 2nd line center in the long haul. Now, how good would Kadri lòok now..
Good thing we only need Domi to do it for 16 games.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I would be trying Bertuzzi with the top line again.

While he looked decent with Domi, I have to cover my eyes when they are in the d zone.
This is my question for the playoffs. I'm not sure you can have a Nylander/Bertuzzi/Domi line getting heavy minutes in close playoff times given their defensive....tendencies. It's why I think they will probably acquire another defensive forward at the deadline.

Reactions: Niagara Bill
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad