GDT: Vancouver Canucks (11-10-4) @ Nashville Predators (15-6-3) | 11/30/2017 | 7 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
josi played like ****. he has carried us multiples game. josi gets a pass on his seasons play. a horrible effort by all defenseman but subban and his 9 million salary will be in spotlight and it should. quit being little *****es. let's talk hockey and let's talk real here.
You aren't really talking hockey though, you are just cussing, saying Subban and 9 million over and over and calling people that don't join in sheep.

That's not " real talk " that's just jabbering.

Reactions: 101st_fan

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
You aren't really talking hockey though, you are just cussing, saying Subban and 9 million over and over and calling people that don't join in sheep.

That's not " real talk " that's just jabbering.
3 wrongs don't make a right. stand for something or you fall for anything. subban sucks!!

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Noneck is like a couple of my close friends. Doesn’t matter how good or bad he does Subban is always the reason for anything negative. We have plenty of those people around our team and I don’t know if it’s because of Weber or something else but it’s really annoying. Subban can screw up like anyone else but I sure don’t hear about ‘anyone else’ nearly as much as I hear about Subban.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Noneck is like a couple of my close friends. Doesn’t matter how good or bad he does Subban is always the reason for anything negative. We have plenty of those people around our team and I don’t know if it’s because of Weber or something else but it’s really annoying. Subban can screw up like anyone else but I sure don’t hear about ‘anyone else’ nearly as much as I hear about Subban.
I'm level headed. subban sucks

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
9 and a jack & coke

Drinking and posting isn't for everyone.

Subban is but one factor in the 3rd period issues tonight. If the 3rd period woes were a rarity, it would be one thing but it is a near constant over the past month ...we are not finishing ... we are giving up more than we're scoring in the 3rd for the season to date ... and it doesn't matter who we're playing against. The only thing that isn't evident is the why. Is it an attitude or coaching problem ... is it a conditioning problem leading to tired play ... is it complacency after having a lead?

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Canucks fan coming in peace. You guys have a darn good team and a lethal PP. We were kinda lucky to win this one.I envy you guys for getting to watch such an entertaining team, hope you guys get to go on a long playoff run this year, I will be rooting for you guys. Cheers!
You guys have a very impressive young team(and ancient Sedin). I saw Boeser in college and he's the real deal. Good luck the rest of the way.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Drinking and posting isn't for everyone.

Subban is but one factor in the 3rd period issues tonight. If the 3rd period woes were a rarity, it would be one thing but it is a near constant over the past month ...we are not finishing ... we are giving up more than we're scoring in the 3rd for the season to date ... and it doesn't matter who we're playing against. The only thing that isn't evident is the why. Is it an attitude or coaching problem ... is it a conditioning problem leading to tired play ... is it complacency after having a lead?
we are complacent. we are horrible with leads. agreed. but subban has been horrible. josi sucked tonight. irwin and bitetto sucked. but I'm gonna give more hell to the guy making 9 million than the 2 GUYS making what 1.25 million combined? we have a great team and we can do great things. but subban isn't worth his pay. doughty said the equivalent of this guy makes 9 million? I'm getting paid f***ers

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
we are complacent. we are horrible with leads. agreed. but subban has been horrible. josi sucked tonight. irwin and bitetto sucked. but I'm gonna give more hell to the guy making 9 million than the 2 GUYS making what 1.25 million combined? we have a great team and we can do great things. but subban isn't worth his pay. doughty said the equivalent of this guy makes 9 million? I'm getting paid ****ers

Honest question: what did you think of Subban's play with Ekholm last spring, in the playoffs?

Reactions: FierceFalcon

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Norris caliber

Sounds good. If you really think Subban sucks this season, just keep in mind he will most likely play as good as he did during the playoffs, once he's reunited with Ekholm. I don't want to put the blame on Emelin this season, because I think he has been pretty decent (considering his talent level), but there's a huge difference between playing with Emelin and playing with Ekholm.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Sounds good. If you really think Subban sucks this season, just keep in mind he will most likely play as good as he did during the playoffs, once he's reunited with Ekholm. I don't want to put the blame on Emelin this season, because I think he has been pretty decent (considering his talent level), but there's a huge difference between playing with Emelin and playing with Ekholm.
i totally agree. emelin is dead weight for a second pair. but subban has to pick up the slack with his salary.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
This game totally sucked- we had our chances to break it open in the 2nd period and didn't do it. The whole third period I could just feel that we were going to blow the lead- and sure enough we did.

But this GDT has to be up there with maybe the worst one ever. We are not going to win every game and sure enough, as soon as something bad happens and we lose a game, it turns into a total #$@# show on here.

I realize it is a tiny minority of people that caused it. All I will say is this- anyone who watched this game tonight and pins it all on any one player, PK Subban or not- you have lost your freaking mind.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
If you seriously believe that Subban has "sucked all season" then man, I don't know what to tell you. If you want to say he has some bad moments, if you want to say he has an occasional bad game, if you want to say he has had an inconsistent season?? I could get on board with any of that.

But if you are going to sit there and say that he has sucked all season that is completely ridiculous . That is absolutely, positively false.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: E82 and LCPreds

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
If you are being completely serious, and aren't just completely drunk tonight or something- and you seriously believe that Subban has "sucked all season" then man, I don't know what to tell you. If you want to say he has some bad moments, if you want to say he has an occasional bad game, if you want to say he has had an inconsistent season?? I could get on board with any of that.

But if you are going to sit there and say that he has sucked all season that is completely ridiculous . That is absolutely, positively false.
I'm not gonna preach to the choir. you all believe what you want. but subban needs ekholm back or needs to improve. he's hurting the team.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
This was a winnable game but for some reason we couldn't put it together for a sustained period of time. Most everyone had screw ups (Fiala's blind passes) and the puck was bouncing around a lot. In the third, the Nucks just played harder. And I think we hit 3 posts which is usually the kiss of defeat. Not going bother reading the thread since it looks fairly ugly. May calmer heads prevail.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Now you are changing your story- has he sucked all season, or has he sucked at "critical points"?? When you play 24 minutes a game, many of them against top opposing lines, and especially when you are playing with a partner who is subpar, there are going to be mistakes. I notice how its crickets from you when Josi or Forsberg make critical mistakes- which also happened tonight. Oh, but I guess that is ok, since they aren't making 9 million....

But regardless, the fact that you think this loss is all on him is your biggest problem in this thread. I don't think Subban had a great game either, I can agree with that- but I watched every minute of that game and it never entered my head for one second that the reason we lost that game was because of PK Subban, or that he was anything close to our biggest problem. Or any other one player for that matter. There is plenty of blame to go around and the fact that you choose to focus all of it on one player shows an obvious bias....

That is my 2 cents- I am done.....

Reactions: E82

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
forsberg is on pace to break 90 points... Next. josi yes has been average for a lot of the season defensively. subban has sucked hard at many parts of the year. it's not changing course. it's fact. it will continue. im confident of that. just pay closer attention to it. and whether or not his AAV matters to anyone else since we aren't paying it, it does matter to the team we can construct. he won a Norris for a reason but for right now ? he isn't worth a lick to me

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Man, that game should've been over in the 2nd period. Nilsson with 3-4 inhuman saves and we had like what 3-4 posts as well? That could've been ugly. Canucks were very lucky.

We need Ellis back, that 3rd pair has not been good the past two games. Emelin will bring stability into that 3rd pair he's been decent.

Bonino looked great once again and got a reward for that. He misses Hartnell in terms of production. Don't get me wrong his line has been stellar they just haven't been able to find the back of the net.

Can't believe JOFA didn't score 5-on-5. They dominated the shit out of the Canucks but just couldn't finish.

All-in-all, a frustrating game that we really should've won but these nights happen in a 82-game season. What I know for sure is, if we play like that in the future, we'll win most nights.

On to the next one.

Thundr70

Jul 17, 2014
This is the year of the Gooaall....... This wont bet he last time we give up five. This was a very entertaining game, but losing happens, guy will bounce back against those dirty Ducks.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
Hahaha, oh dear. I'm missing a lot of games lately as for various reasons I'm having to actually be awake and alert during the daytime but clearly I'm not missing much when it comes to the GDT :laugh:

Always hate losing to the Canucks cos it means a ribbing on the book of faces for me but hey, let's wait 6 months and see who's feeling better about their season then. What's the latest ETA on Ellis? This side is looking pretty exciting right now, especially when he gets back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad