Confirmed with Link: [VAN/WPG] Canucks acquire 6th in '21 for D Jordie Benn

lawrence

May 19, 2012
we can still bring Benn back in the summer as a number 7 dman. I'm ok with that.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Here's a challenge for Benning. Will he actually use this pick to draft or trade it to pay premium for an aging veteran

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Here's a challenge for Benning. Will he actually use this pick to draft or trade it to pay premium for an aging veteran

It's basically already been used to get Bowey. The difference in a high 4th vs a mid 5th is probably a 6th/7th round pick like they got here.

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
Gatekeeping alert....

I don't believe people can be a real Canuck fan of they can't wait for Edler to leave.

/Gatekeeping
Why not? Hes had a good career as a canuck but its over anyone can see it.

He has 6 points in 36 games and makes 5 mill a year. Gets loads of minutes yet look at how bad the defense has been all season. Takes dumb penalties almost every game because hes too slow now. Im not gonna pretend he’s something hes not anymore.

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
We let Hutton walk for nothing last year, he signs late in the FA season and then still gets moved for a 5th at the deadline

We replace Hutton with Benn and then move him for a 6th... These are minor things but they all add up. Just horrible asset management and negotiating skills once again

Benn is a beauty though, possibly the last visor-less canuck ever :(

Reactions: CCF and supercanuck

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
We let Hutton walk for nothing last year, he signs late in the FA season and then still gets moved for a 5th at the deadline

We replace Hutton with Benn and then move him for a 6th... These are minor things but they all add up. Just horrible asset management and negotiating skills once again

Benn is a beauty though, possibly the last visor-less canuck ever :(

I like Hutton and we could argue not having traded him for an asset or replacing him with Benn, but it's not worth keeping a player just because the player is worth a 5th rather than a 6th round pick.

Benn did not have a good first year here. He was better this season. Overall the signing was below average. Better off not signing him at all.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Benn was one of the more underrated stupid signings we've made here recently.

Spent an extra $1.5 million to downgrade on what we were getting from Biega. Seemed like a nice enough guy but was completely unnecessary and irrelevant from day 1.

Reactions: CCF

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Getting anything for Benn has to be something of a shock.....only regret, is that it didn't happen sooner. Playing him for the last month at the expense of Juloevi on a team destined for lottery land made zero sense.

Reactions: mossey3535

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Why not? Hes had a good career as a canuck but its over anyone can see it.

He has 6 points in 36 games and makes 5 mill a year. Gets loads of minutes yet look at how bad the defense has been all season. Takes dumb penalties almost every game because hes too slow now. Im not gonna pretend he’s something hes not anymore.
He's NOT a $5 million player.

If you can get over that relative fact, you look at the absolute He's is still an extremely valuable horse and difficult to play against. Missing him from our D would create a significant hole. You mentioned his negative aspects... altho a little hyperbolic i.e. 16 penatlties in 36 games... But his experience shows out there with all the defensive plays he does make despite his footspeed.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Doing your job doesn't count for much when you're only 1/3 for the day and you're still applying ointment to your sphincter after one of those trades and bandaging a small cut on your arm from the other.

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
He's NOT a $5 million player.

If you can get over that relative fact, you look at the absolute He's is still an extremely valuable horse and difficult to play against. Missing him from our D would create a significant hole. You mentioned his negative aspects... altho a little hyperbolic i.e. 16 penatlties in 36 games... But his experience shows out there with all the defensive plays he does make despite his footspeed.
Well he does get paid 5 million so...

i disagree with u. His experience hasnt helped the team this year imo. Losing him will actually help us in the future where we can play guys we drafted or end up signing.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Doing your job doesn't count for much when you're only 1/3 for the day and you're still applying ointment to your sphincter after one of those trades and bandaging a small cut on your arm from the other.

GMs and agents are throwing a hotdog down a hallway when they bend him over at this point.

'His agent told me he'd get lots of money' is one for the ages. I still can't get over that.

Reactions: mossey3535

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad