Confirmed with Link: [VAN/WIN] Canucks acquire 2022 3rd Round Pick for D Nate Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Will be interesting if that contract is considered a positive asset or not.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
The sad thing is we’d be needing a similar type player coming back… so would have to be a lateral trade where both players need a “fresh” start? And/or one where Canucks can save a little cap space. Ideas?

Reactions: mossey3535

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
I think Florida is a perfect fit tbh and Elliotte said there was a lot of interest in him at the TDL. Can’t wait till he bounces back next year and once again shows how awful green’s system is.
You dare slander the great and powerful Travis Green?! You best bet those in media don't hear of your Folly. Lest you wish to keep your head upon your shoulders.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
I mean, is it really a big loss? He certainly wasn't worth $6 million to this team. Let him go play somewhere where he can play to his potential and give Rathbone his offensive minutes. We could better spend that money on a defensive partner for Hughes.

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Of course he is. He'll get traded for OEL, proceed to play strong two-way hockey in Arizona while OEL continues to shit the bed for the canucks.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
"Sigh", Schmidt will get traded and look superb with whatever new team he plays for. I for one think he had an off year, and still think he is a very important piece to this team. Once traded I feel Nate will be added to the list of players we regret giving away "Toffoli, Tanev, Stecher".

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I mean, is it really a big loss? He certainly wasn't worth $6 million to this team. Let him go play somewhere where he can play to his potential and give Rathbone his offensive minutes. We could better spend that money on a defensive partner for Hughes.

It will ultimately depend on what we get in return - but it’s frustrating to watch us move on from Schmidt when we have more money invested in - and give significant more responsibility to - an inferior defender in Tyler Myers.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

That would've made sense if we had a GM who's known to have an eye for talent in the FA market.

Benning is the opposite of that.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
For f***s sake. The issue isn't Schmidt, it's this atrocious system. Every defensemen that comes here immediately performs worse.

Jimbo being an obtuse moron again, no surprise. Type of guy to put a bandaid on a flesh wound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad