Confirmed with Link: [VAN/VGK] Canucks acquire F Brendan Leipsic for D Philip Holm

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
He gets about 1/20th of the PIMs Marchand gets but hey I guess thats a valid comparison, Jim.
I’m talking about playing style
Brendon Leipsic is like a little rat when he’s on the ice
Using penalties and wight to evaluate a player is Canucks management level idiotic

Reactions: Peen

Duckhugs

Apr 11, 2016
This is fine we get our own rat and we trade a 26 year old rookie loser with no business in the NHL its a win

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Ya his 4 PIMs put him in contention for the Lady Bing, homey!

Maybe look at more than one year.

Nonetheless judging someone on his penalty minutes is also a pretty terrible way to evaluate a hockey player in the first place. Toughness really isn't much of a factor anymore.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
It's all perception, but, I don't think he believes he has had a fair shake. Getting into 1 game after two call ups. Sitting after you play your first game. Why would he come back to the Canucks?

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
By the way, more points than Granlund. 2 less points than Sutter. In less games.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He gets about 1/20th of the PIMs Marchand gets but hey I guess thats a valid comparison, Jim.

Like I said, it's weird. This was one of the nastiest, cheapest, most hated players I've even seen in the WHL. Comparisons to Marchand coming out of junior were legit.

Fast forward 4 years, and he has 4 PIM and has thrown fewer hits than Vanek and Daniel Sedin this year. No idea what's happened to him.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
See lots of dumb comments on here - it's a bit painful - the Haters hating on the trade without having much of a clue as to who we traded for is. Equating Leipsic's weight with his toughness/grit -just further illustrating how jaded they are and how it's really impossible to take anything they say seriously..............

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
I’m talking about playing style
Brendon Leipsic is like a little rat when he’s on the ice
Using penalties and wight to evaluate a player is Canucks management level idiotic
This is such a Jim Benning way of assessing players

"He liked to whack and slash players in Junior so now, 6 years later and he's in his mid 20s he's exactly the same type of player"

Just absurd.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Like I said, it's weird. This was one of the nastiest, cheapest, most hated players I've even seen in the WHL. Comparisons to Marchand coming out of junior were legit.

Fast forward 4 years, and he has 4 PIM and has thrown fewer hits than Vanek and Daniel Sedin this year. No idea what's happened to him.

Sounds like he's had too many people in his ear telling him to change his game.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
This is such a Jim Benning way of assessing players

"He liked to whack and slash players in Junior so now, 6 years later and he's in his mid 20s he's exactly the same type of player"

Just absurd.
From a person who just checked his stats from this year and think weight = toughness ? Who’s the real Jimbo here now
Lol

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
I get the feeling Holm was not going to resign, likely had been asking to be moved as he wasn't being given a shot here like he expected. Leipsic is not a big guy but in junior he was a real pain in the ass to play against. He was a PPG player in the AHL and on pace to score 24 points/82 games in his first real season in the NHL

I like to deal. We traded from a position of weakness... however if Holm wasn't someone they looked at as a piece of their future as a player then I'm not worried.

Leipsic skates extremely well and can be a real annoying player to play with. I look at him that could probably turn into a 15g/25a player in the future.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
See lots of dumb comments on here - it's a bit painful - the Haters hating on the trade without having much of a clue as to who we traded for is. Equating Leipsic's weight with his toughness/grit -just further illustrating how jaded they are and how it's really impossible to take anything they say seriously..............

Show me five people doing this.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Can’t wait to hear Holms comments about the Canucks.

Holm
Subban
Tryamkin
Hutton

All treated real gud

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Not much of a trade. Neither here nor there. It was clear they weren’t going to give Holm any sort of chance so may as well move him. Leipsic is a decent enough 4th liner from what I’ve seen but let’s face it it’s really just more waiver wire quality.

But given Holm isn’t really worth anything at all you may as well take a flyer on a guy.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Another deal not really worth getting excited or anger over. Holm had little to no chance of being a part of the organization after April. Leipsic has a small, but still possible chance of being a decent player now and in the near future.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
I have a feeling this trade will go down as another one in Bennings W column. Loved Leipsic as a player in my limited viewings.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Not much of a trade. Neither here nor there. It was clear they weren’t going to give Holm any sort of chance so may as well move him. Leipsic is a decent enough 4th liner from what I’ve seen but let’s face it it’s really just more waiver wire quality.
In my opinion if you want a 4th liner, you might as well get a nasty and fearless one, which is Brendon Leipsic.
Atleast that’s what I known him for in the minor

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
In my opinion if you want a 4th liner, you might as well get a nasty and fearless one, which is Brendon Leipsic.
Atleast that’s what I known him for in the minor

Oh I agree and I edited my post with an addition. Holm is worth pretty much nothing himself so may as well take a flyer on a guy.

Last edited:

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
I’ve seen Holm and Leipsic play 1 game of pro hockey each

I’m leaving this to the pro scouts, with their track record I’m not holding my breath

A resounding meh from me

manroth19

May 20, 2015
Love how I’m flipping between 650 and 1040 each having a Toronto guy on and two completely different views of the guy. He may be fast and a pest or he may be a slower version of barzel

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Yep, Benning keeps "winning" these trades for bottom 6 wingers. If we win 100 of these trades we'll still be a bottom 5 team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad