Confirmed with Link: [VAN/VGK] Canucks acquire F Brendan Leipsic for D Philip Holm

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Who needs a puck moving defenseman when we can have another undersized, limited potential, mid-20's forward? :laugh: This was a draft pick leaving the Canucks away from being a Benning Special.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Who needs a puck moving defenseman when we can have another undersized, limited potential, mid-20's forward? :laugh: This was a draft pick leaving the Canucks away from being a Benning Special.
I was saying yesterday I hope we come out of this deadline smaller, weaker and with less push back. Benning accomplished all of that in one stroke!

Reactions: y2kcanucks

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Trade is whatever, but it’s another one that I don’t see how it fits or makes sense. They traded away from a position of need to add to a position of relative strength.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
If there's an upside to this trade, at least Benning didn't trade for a slow plodding power forward.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Softest team in the NHL gets softer.

Weakest team in the NHL gets weaker.

Team with no pushback has less pushback than yesterday.

Take any of those headlines for this terrible stupid awful pointless deal.

Leipsic isn't even soft

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
No picks, thank god. This is a solid deal. 4th liner with speed. signed for two seasons and then RFA. Holm unlikely to-resign.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Dude weighs 180 man come on. This makes an already soft team softer, weaker and sadder.
Lol
Im sorry but this isn’t true at all.
Brendon Leipsic although not a big guy, but his playing style is...let’s just say Brand Marchand
You knows who’s huge but soft as a pillow? Gudbranson

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
This has to either be a depth pickup for Utica - except he would have to go through waivers, or they acquired him to add to another player as a package.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Leipsic is a good player, when he's in the zone, he tends to take over the game by hitting, rushing the puck, and crashing the net. He's a more skilled,faster, and younger Dorsett.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Holm was unlikely to re-sign. Got in to one game this year. Lepisic is an RFA and signed through 2018. On a cheap 650,000$ deal.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Lol
Im sorry but this isn’t true at all.
Brendon Leipsic although not a big guy, but his playing style is...let’s just say Brand Marchand
You knows who’s huge but soft as a pillow? Gudbranson
He gets about 1/20th of the PIMs Marchand gets but hey I guess thats a valid comparison, Jim.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
On the positive side or doesn't cost a pick.

On the negative side I think this impacts or continues to impact the Canucks as a destination for any Europeans coming over to try and make the NHL.

This is an awesome representation of our club. Benning went to Europe personally to woo him. Told him he would be a big part of the club going forward. When asked about defensive depth Benning always included Holm as one of the guys that’s gonna make an impact. Then you don’t play him all year, piss him off cuz you straight lied to him (and let’s face it, it’s not like you’re sitting Erik Karlson to get him in the lineup) then trade him for peanuts.

Great way to treat people/ assets.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Holm was unlikely to re-sign. Got in to one game this year. Lepisic is an RFA and signed through 2018. On a cheap 650,000$ deal.
Why was Holm unlikely to re-sign? He's an RFA who has talked about wanting to stay in North America so he can make the NHL.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

Which makes it weird that Benning recently cited him among the reasons why he thinks the defense is a position of strength moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad