Confirmed Trade: [VAN/TOR] Sam Lafferty to the Canucks for a 5th round pick

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
See, I think Vancouver is constructed poorly and is riding crazy luck right now... so I guess we just see the game differently... they are still a worse team than the Leafs...
The Leafs are riding crazy luck right now with low regulation wins.
Just a poorly constructed team that took another step back. Their best shot was a couple of years ago.

See, I think Vancouver is constructed poorly and is riding crazy luck right now... so I guess we just see the game differently... they are still a worse team than the Leafs...

I agree... Vancouver doesn't have the same quality of players
Agreed. Vancouver’s star players are much higher quality.

Reactions: stampedingviking

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
The Leafs are riding crazy luck right now with low regulation wins.
Just a poorly constructed team.
First round exit.

Agreed. Vancouver’s star players are much higher quality.

Good job, you hit all the talking points.

I mean past seasons have proven that Vancouver's stars are overrated... I expect them to cool off and revert to the norm.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Ha, for a Leaf fan who has won half their games on OT/SO to be talking about another team riding luck is … something. Pot kettle black much?

Vancouver’s star players are probably better than Toronto’s and certainly more balanced through the lineup.

You guys are f***ed with that blueline. It isn’t fixable and your window is closing.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

I mean past seasons have proven that Vancouver's stars are overrated... I expect them to cool off and revert to the norm.
You’ve yet to be right but on any of your predictions.
Well we know the Leafs stars are overrated as we’ve seen every single year in the playoffs and they’ve taken a big step back this year. Who’s your top D and goalie again?

Nice chatting with you. Your user name still cracks me up by the way.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Well we know the Leafs stars are overrated as we’ve seen every single year in the playoffs. Who’s your top D and goalie again?

Nice chatting with you.

Our top goalie this year is the guy with the exact same sv% as yours...

Rielly is our top D... Hughes is better, but the gap between our forwards makes up for that.

Vancouver hasn't even proven they can make the playoffs with this team and you are talking about playoffs?

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Our top goalie this year is the guy with the exact same sv% as yours...

Rielly is our top D... Hughes is better, but the gap between our forwards makes up for that.
That’s a long winded way of saying you have poor goaltending and D. I agree.
Canucks top forwards are also better.
Leafs best shot has passed.

• Haha
Reactions: PROUD PAPA

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
That’s a long winded way of saying you have poor goaltending and D. I agree.
Canucks top forwards are also better.

So Vancouver is better every where but has a similar record... what is happening?

Also... Demko and Woll have very similar stats (sv% and GSAx/60)... so this means Demko is a bad goalie too?

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017

That's a bit much. I'd take EP or Hughes over anyone on the Leafs not named Matthews

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018

Constructed poorly?

True #1 70+ point D (hughes)
True #2 pairing 50+ point D (hronek)
True #1a 100+ point centre with selke nominations (pettersson)
True #1a Centre/winger 2nd OA in NHL scoring (miller)
True 1#a netminder in top 10 in most goalie metrics (demko)
True top 6 scoring winger 2nd on OA goals scored (boeser)

The surrounding cast might be questionable AF but having a #1 centre, #1 d and a top flight goaltender is EXACTLY the level of construction every team in the league strives for, having the addition of a true goal scoring winger and a secondary #1 centre and #2 defenseman is actually hard as hell to find. Especially when the oldest member of that group is barely around 30

To say what you did with any seriousness when weighed against the nearly 40% of the cap Leafs have tied up in Marner Matthews Tavares and Nylander with their blue line and supporting cast is either

A; ignorance
or
B; attention seeking

In a hockey forum one is forgivable the other is pathetic.

You choose which category you fall in to

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
So Vancouver is better every where but has a similar record... what is happening?

Also... Demko and Woll have very similar stats (sv% and GSAx/60)... so this means Demko is a bad goalie too?
Our D outside of Hughes Hronek isn’t great. It’s similar to the Leafs but a better top end.
Demko’s player 33% more games than Woll.
Can’t compare a 1B to a top starter.
Isn’t Woll hurt again? Seems he can’t heavy a heavy load.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Constructed poorly?

True #1 70+ point D (hughes)
True #2 pairing 50+ point D (hronek)
True #1a 100+ point centre with selke nominations (pettersson)
True #1a Centre/winger 2nd OA in NHL scoring (miller)
True 1#a netminder in top 10 in most goalie metrics (demko)
True top 6 scoring winger 2nd on OA goals scored (boeser)

The surrounding cast might be questionable AF but having a #1 centre, #1 d and a top flight goaltender is EXACTLY the level of construction every team in the league strives for, having the addition of a true goal scoring winger and a secondary #1 centre and #2 defenseman is actually hard as hell to find. Especially when the oldest member of that group is barely around 30

To say what you did with any seriousness when weighed against the nearly 40% of the cap Leafs have tied up in Marner Matthews Tavares and Nylander with their blue line and supporting cast is either

A; ignorance
or
B; attention seeking

In a hockey forum one is forgivable the other is pathetic.

You choose which category you fall in to

Why do they suck every year then? 3 years of missing the playoffs with all these pieces...

I think the opinion of most of those players will change by year's end... they started off hot.

Demko’s player 33% more games than Woll.
Can’t compare a 1B to a top starter.
Isn’t Woll hurt again? Seems he can’t heavy a heavy load.

The games are 20 vs 15... not much of a difference.

Your starter is on par with a 1B...

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Why do they suck every year then? 3 years of missing the playoffs with all these pieces...

I think the opinion of most of those players will change by year's end... they started off hot.

33% more games is a huge difference.
Our starter is one of the top 5 best goalies in the NHL. Your 1B is hurt again and hasn’t even had a heavy workload.

As for why your team sucks every year, why are you asking me that?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
33% more games is a huge difference.
Our starter is one of the top 5 best goalies in the NHL. Your 1B is hurt again and hasn’t even had a heavy workload.

Similar numbers... Woll has better career numbers.

Demko is pushing 30 soon, got a few good years left.

• Haha
Reactions: jackjohnson

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Similar numbers... Woll has better career numbers.

Demko is pushing 30 soon, got a few good years left.
Nope. 33% more games. Not similar at all.
1B vs starter numbers.
Let’s see if Woll can ever handle a starters role. Not looking good so far.

Anyways this thread is about Lafferty.

Reactions: Paddys Pub

RobsonStreet

Jun 4, 2004

Luck notwithstanding that’s a lot of time and energy splitting hairs over two probable playoff non-contenders. The most relevant difference as far as this thread is concerned is that one team made some small but important improvements in the off-season and the other team is Toronto.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018

Ahh that ol chestnut.

I see you "why do they suck every year then" while ignoring that every year they've only progressively gotten better very season and raise you the decade of suckage the leafs had before lucking in to matthews marner etc and question why they managed to merely only make the 2nd round when "the canucks suck every year" but managed to make it further in a 2nd round series than the Leafs have with such a vastly superior team

The games are 20-15 but the qual/comp and shots registered as well as minutes played are very very telling between woll and demko this is without mentioning the high danger percentages or home vs away games played.

But whatever right. Why do facts matter

Edit* It's the attention you're seeking and that leads me to believe it's not forgivable but just pathetic. Enjoy hockey, not the attention. You might learn something

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Nope. 33% more games. Not similar at all.
1B vs starter numbers.
Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 11.17.07 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 11.17.36 PM.png

Ahh that ol chestnut.

I see you "why do they suck every year then" while ignoring that every year they've only progressively gotten better very season and raise you the decade of suckage the leafs had before lucking in to matthews marner etc and question why they managed to merely only make the 2nd round when "the canucks suck every year" but managed to make it further in a 2nd round series than the Leafs have with such a vastly superior team

The games are 20-15 but the qual/comp and shots registered as well as minutes played are very very telling between woll and demko this is without mentioning the high danger percentages or home vs away games played.

But whatever right. Why do facts matter

Edit* It's the attention you're seeking and that leads me to believe it's not forgivable but just pathetic. Enjoy hockey, not the attention. You might learn something

Yep, look at the differences above...

A lot of words to say nothing

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver

I’d easily take Hughes, Pettersson, Hronek and Miller over Marner/Tavares/Nylander/Matthews/Reilly.

Not to mention Demko who is a top goaltender in the league after Sorokin/Shesterkin/Ullmark/Swayman/Hellebuyck.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
the hornek thread at least wings fans happy hronek is doing well.

leafs fans not likin Canucks got a useful player out of a 5th round pick.
Leaf fans litterally don't give a f about Laffarty. He doesn't move the needle for this team. Glad he is doing well in VAN.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I’d easily take Hughes, Pettersson, Hronek and Miller over Marner/Tavares/Nylander/Matthews/Reilly.

Not to mention Demko who is a top goaltender in the league after Sorokin/Shesterkin/Ullmark/Swayman/Hellebuyck.
Of course you would, Vancouver Canucks fan.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
It's crazy how bad the Leafs did this offseason and yet are still pacing the same as Vancouver... what does that say about them?

By the way, I am in the camp that thinks giving away Lafferty was dumb.
I like to crap on Canucks here and there, but I think Van has the most ES goals this year and they have the most Reg wins in the NHL at 17.

Toronto has 7 Reg wins
...1 more than ANA and SJ. Their record is inflated from circus time, which does not happen in the playoffs. It is 5 on 5. LIke 5 OT losses and 4 SO wins.

I would pick Vancouver as having more potential success than Toronto right now.

It boggles my mind that Brad T got a job int he biggest hockey market after sinking CGY. He was atrocious.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
And the lie detector test determines that this is false
I never see any Leafs fans on our boards talking about Laffarty. People whine about Reeves, Klingberg, Murray, Keefe, Trevliving, Bertuzzi, our defense, Matthews, Marner, etc. but no one talks about Laffarty. I can assure you. We can't account for some random bi-polar Leafs fan who posts on the main boards. Just like there are lunatic MTL fans who thought Leafs would have to pay them a 1st to unload Klingberg.

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I never see any Leafs fans on our boards talking about Laffarty. People whine about Reeves, Klingberg, Murray, Keefe, Trevliving, Bertuzzi, our defense, Matthews, Marner, etc. but no one talks about Laffarty. I can assure you. We can't account for some random bi-polar Leafs fan who posts on the main boards. Just like there are lunatic MTL fans who thought Leafs would have to pay them a 1st to unload Klingberg.
there are adults that care about management. those people care about a trade that made the team worse. If you avoid that thread on your boards, you'll have fans that whine only about their own players. Its an established hockey forum, most fans here know only half the game is played on the ice, the other half of it is played in the management suites.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad